Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Shes fine in the day maybe takes some too quick sometimes but seems to be slower in the night when shes tiered suppose its not a bad thing just not sure when to try them xx

Oliver went onto size 2 teats at 5 weeks old, and that was due to his colic x

Ben went up at 5 months xx

Shes fine in the day maybe takes some too quick sometimes but seems to be slower in the night when shes tiered suppose its not a bad thing just not sure when to try them xx

Sure maybe get 1 pack and try her with them, and if they suit, get more and if not, hold back a while...
You'll know after 1 r 2 bottles if they suit.. If she's not ready the milk will be all over her rather then in her... It will take a little bit for her to get used to sucking slower though so don't assume after the first minute or 2 (like I did initially.. lol) xx

Oliver went onto size 2 teats at 5 weeks old, and that was due to his colic x

Ben went up at 5 months xx

Yea Éabha was quite late switching too.. And then went pretty much onto 3's not long after.. But 1's done her for ages... Prob about the same as Ben I'd say.. x

Thank you , i have lots of the size 2 already stocked up on bottles before she was born so will wait and see if she starts struggles, every one seems quite different. Good to know she needs to get used to them! I think at night i just want to get to bed quicker so may seem longer drinking. Although she fed at 10 last night so both asleep for 11 then she didn't have next feed until 3am but i couldn't get back to sleep so probably had half an hour before she woke again at 6! Typical

Thank you , i have lots of the size 2 already stocked up on bottles before she was born so will wait and see if she starts struggles, every one seems quite different. Good to know she needs to get used to them! I think at night i just want to get to bed quicker so may seem longer drinking. Although she fed at 10 last night so both asleep for 11 then she didn't have next feed until 3am but i couldn't get back to sleep so probably had half an hour before she woke again at 6! Typical
Yea they really are all completely different.. That's probably the biggest lesson I've learned from being on here.. It has also given me more faith in my instincts rather than thinking "oh but my app said....." or "the books say...." Éabha isn't in any book and didn't come with instructions... She is individual...

Yea they really are all completely different.. That's probably the biggest lesson I've learned from being on here.. It has also given me more faith in my instincts rather than thinking "oh but my app said....." or "the books say...." Éabha isn't in any book and didn't come with instructions... She is individual...

That's so true- I've just come back from baby clinic where I've been told Oliver should be on no 3 teats- but he's perfectly ok on 2's still!
So I'm ignoring HV... :p

That's so true- I've just come back from baby clinic where I've been told Oliver should be on no 3 teats- but he's perfectly ok on 2's still! So I'm ignoring HV... :p

We went onto 3's in August so Cole was nearly 8 months old. Definitely made things easier but he was nowhere near ready until then. I tend not to listen to HV's full stop ;)

I really feel we are check lists sometimes with HV or is it just around bottle feeding? Not all of them but i want given hardly any advice in the classes i went to before Brooke was born, they couldn't answer questions about expressing either. I have relied on here for advice and im afraid to say Dr Google ha ha !

I really feel we are check lists sometimes with HV or is it just around bottle feeding? Not all of them but i want given hardly any advice in the classes i went to before Brooke was born, they couldn't answer questions about expressing either. I have relied on here for advice and im afraid to say Dr Google ha ha !

My HV is great.. I think its mainly coz she has a LG that's still only young so its all very fresh in her mind how tough it can be to go by the "book"
She was saying to me at É's 7 month check how she's really impressed that É is drinking so well from her sippy cup as her youngest LG didn't grasp it until recently and she's just turned 1.. So she knows all too well that these are babies, not programmed computers/robots that do things "on time"

My HV is great.. I think its mainly coz she has a LG that's still only young so its all very fresh in her mind how tough it can be to go by the "book" She was saying to me at É's 7 month check how she's really impressed that É is drinking so well from her sippy cup as her youngest LG didn't grasp it until recently and she's just turned 1.. So she knows all too well that these are babies, not programmed computers/robots that do things "on time"

My HV was the same with the sippy cup. Cole's been wanting to hold his cup and bottle for ages. At his check she didn't believe that he could do it himself so she gave him an empty sippy cup to try it with and he put it straight to his mouth and tipped it up. Because it was empty I gave him his proper cup and he sat drinking from it, no problem. They all develop different, like you say. He's desperate to walk but can't be bothered clapping and waving (although the monkey has done it for my dad!!)

Yeh I'm learning not to listen to my HV too much anymore... She's been fab with weaning but not much else...
She was impressed that Oliver can roll onto his tummy and is trying to crawl... When she said that, it felt likes 2 fingers up to her for the comment about teats lol

My HV was the same with the sippy cup. Cole's been wanting to hold his cup and bottle for ages. At his check she didn't believe that he could do it himself so she gave him an empty sippy cup to try it with and he put it straight to his mouth and tipped it up. Because it was empty I gave him his proper cup and he sat drinking from it, no problem. They all develop different, like you say. He's desperate to walk but can't be bothered clapping and waving (although the monkey has done it for my dad!!)
Éabha has been doing clap hands for her Nana since the week she started minding her... I seen it last week!!! She won't do it on cue though.. Only when she wants to.. Which is usually when she thinks no-one is minding her...
She starting waving bye bye last week.. Although her hand faces her when she does it.. LOL

We were in J's mams the other day and she was off playing with a mirror toy thing that stands, she sits under it on the floor.. Anyway, we were all busy chatting away when I looked over at her, literally 5 seconds after I looked away (to find her soother to pack up for home) and she was standing up trying to pull the star off the top of it...
Talk about panic!!! I obviously didn't show it or run at her or anything for fear of frightening her but at the same time couldn't get to her quick enough in case she fell over...
Since then she's pulling herself up on everything... No-one (J's mam and dad) believed me when I said she pulled herself up in her cot coz they'd not seen her do it or attempt it since...

Back