Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Cole used to take 8-9oz bottles but he prefers his food. He now has 5oz when he gets up, 5oz mid morning and 5oz mid afternoon. He dropped his bedtime one, he refuses anything after his tea.

Éabha only ever got up to an 8oz bottle n didn't stay there very long.. lol..
She seems to a "little n often" eater.. Even with meals (so far)..

Dougal, does he only have 3 bottles per day?

Penny, you must waste allot of formula with his intake being so varied.. its a pain isn't it?! You don't want to make too little though...
Éabha's the same.. There has to be nothing else happening or she won't take a bottle.. Little madame!!!

Éabha will have 3 bottles minimum a day.. but some days will have 4.. Each are 7oz but sometimes she'll only have 6oz.. But I make them all 7.
J's mam determines an afternoon bottles based on how she is.. Some days she'll have it.. Some days she won't.. Some days she'll have half.. but I always give her 2 bottles so she has the option

Yeh one at 8am, then he has his porridge and fruit at 10, nap at 11-12, bottle at 1, nap at 3-4, veg and possibly fruit at 4:30, bath, bottle and bed from 6:30-7:30/8.
He set the routine for himself and seems quite happy with it :) x

Soooooooo - what are peoples thoughts on taking a baby to a firework display (standing far back)?

I wouldn't but then again my boy is just 5 months old and I HATE fireworks!

We would if we could, far back like you. They don't do anything over here though :-(

We're having some at my sisters but watching them from inside through the French doors. We thought about taking him to a display but if he hates it and gets upset it means he's not happy just before bed. So we're waiting until he's older to take him to a proper display. Plus I don't like the idea of him being near so much smoke x

We're having some at my sisters but watching them from inside through the French doors. We thought about taking him to a display but if he hates it and gets upset it means he's not happy just before bed. So we're waiting until he's older to take him to a proper display. Plus I don't like the idea of him being near so much smoke x

Same here. You can get ear defenders but tbh oliver is in bed at the time of most displays anyway x

Hmnnn all good points....the display is after his bedtime, he has a runny nose and i dont know if he'll get upset by the noise. I think im going to do sparklers in the back garden! X

Finally got oliver weighed and he's now 12lb6oz going from 7.13 in 5 weeks 98th percentile! She said he's growing too quick and having too much milk so now gotta change his milk to hungry baby, I knew he was eating alot ad getting big but wow my child is huge haha, anyone else's baby on hungry milk and how did they get on with it? I'm worried about constipation x

He was taking upto 9 5/6oz bottles a day :/

Finally got oliver weighed and he's now 12lb6oz going from 7.13 in 5 weeks 98th percentile! She said he's growing too quick and having too much milk so now gotta change his milk to hungry baby, I knew he was eating alot ad getting big but wow my child is huge haha, anyone else's baby on hungry milk and how did they get on with it? I'm worried about constipation x He was taking upto 9 5/6oz bottles a day :/

We put Cole on hungry baby but not until he was about 3 months. He never suffered with constipation or anything but I think we were lucky. If you're not happy about it you don't have to put him on it. Just because he's growing fast doesn't mean he needs to be on HB. Was it your HV? Cole is on the 98th centile now but was on the 50th. I'll be honest, I don't pay any attention to it all, when they're babies I don't think they can judge correctly anyway. He was weighed at 8 months by my HV, just after he first started crawling, and since then hasn't gained because he's never still. He's 10 months now and is either crawling round or walking round holding things all day so his weight has stabilised :) x

Finally got oliver weighed and he's now 12lb6oz going from 7.13 in 5 weeks 98th percentile! She said he's growing too quick and having too much milk so now gotta change his milk to hungry baby, I knew he was eating alot ad getting big but wow my child is huge haha, anyone else's baby on hungry milk and how did they get on with it? I'm worried about constipation x

He was taking upto 9 5/6oz bottles a day :/
Wow! My Oliver was 11lbs 11.5oz at 5 weeks old and that's from being 9lbs 11oz at birth!
He was born on the 91st centile but dropped to 75th and has been following it ever since.
I had to try HB when my Oliver was around 12/13 weeks as he was taking 50oz of formula a day!!! But it made no difference so he was weaned early at 14 weeks on HV advice.
Obv you can't do that as your boy is very young still but just try HB and see what happens.
He might be going thru a growth spurt? A hungry phase?
As Sarah has said, his weight will stabilise as he moves around more so I wouldn't worry too much.
Do what you think is best (my HV is great but I've ignored her many times!!), he's your baby after all :) x

When your babies have got colds do they produce more stinky nappies?
Oliver is a every other day kinda baby, always has been but for the last 3 days, it's been every day and today- 2 so far!!
Which is so unlike him!
He's also coughing and sneezing a lot... Teething as well maybe??
He's a bit grumpy too... Poor boy... And it means I'll get it soon as well :( boo!

Aww he is adorable :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

He's lovely! We didn't try hungry baby but did have anti reflux milk and Ben was so constipated he was bleeding :( give me a shout if you have troubles and I will tell you my tricks ;-)
Also don't feel like you have to listen to HV go with your instinct we always had 3 hourly bottles and up to 8 oz feeds still on the 98th from the71st xx

I'm trying him on the hungry baby see if he's okay with it and lasts longer inbetween and more content, my chunk

Just give it a little water in between if you're worried about the HB milk.. I've given É a little water from pretty early.. Like, 1oz spread thru the day..

He's a little stunner Pink.. well done.. xx

Hey Ladies, when u started weaning did u give food before or after the bottle? I know they say to give after as milk should be the main calories they take in but Mia is taking it before her bottle, she has her bottle 15 min later n still drinks it. Xx

Hey Ladies, when u started weaning did u give food before or after the bottle? I know they say to give after as milk should be the main calories they take in but Mia is taking it before her bottle, she has her bottle 15 min later n still drinks it. Xx

I've always given milk first until a couple of months ago then I started giving it separate. So he has milk at approx 6.30am, 10am and 2.30pm. Then food at 7.30am, 12pm and 5.30pm then maybe a bit of supper at 7pm. Until Cole started eating 'proper' meals I gave his milk first then food about 20 minutes later x

Back