Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Is it normal to have 3/4 week periods?! I bled from 1st to 21st September and have been bleeding since 12th October. It's driving me mad!! I don't have a usual cycle because of my PCOS but I was diagnosed with endometriosis just before I fell pregnant. I was getting a lot of pain then but only the odd twinge now. Doctor told me the endo may go away with pregnancy so not sure if it's that? Had smear in August and it was all clear. And I'm on the copper coil so no hormones. Any advice anyone?

Maybe the coil doesn't agree? Some contraceptions makes periods worse, maybe try another one see if it helps, I know how you feel I bled for 5 weeks then had a week break now I've got a period and my baby's nearly 7 weeks im sick of it x

Maybe the coil doesn't agree? Some contraceptions makes periods worse, maybe try another one see if it helps, I know how you feel I bled for 5 weeks then had a week break now I've got a period and my baby's nearly 7 weeks im sick of it x

I bled for about 2 weeks after Cole was born in December then not again until April so I don't envy you at all bleeding that long. I've never had a cycle, I'm lucky if I get one period a year. I've had three this year before September and they were all normal, about a week long. Because of my endo I bled for 4 months in 2011. It was horrendous. The coil is the only option really (other than condoms) as I don't want a hormone contraceptive until we've had another baby :( x

I had the copper coil hun and it made my periods horrendous x lots of pain and a period for about 2-3 weeks out of every month :( xx put up with it a year but had to take it out in the end xx I was gutted, as I didnt want hormones either xx

I had the copper coil hun and it made my periods horrendous x lots of pain and a period for about 2-3 weeks out of every month :( xx put up with it a year but had to take it out in the end xx I was gutted, as I didnt want hormones either xx

Looks like I'll have to put up with it :( the only thing I'm worried about is that it could be my endometriosis but last time I saw them about it they said the only treatment is hormones away. Will just have to put up with it until we ttc again xx

Copper coil can cause heavy and irregular bleeding but it does usually settle by about 9 months, if you can bear it that long! Endometriosis could also contribute, are you in a lot of pain?
Xx

Copper coil can cause heavy and irregular bleeding but it does usually settle by about 9 months, if you can bear it that long! Endometriosis could also contribute, are you in a lot of pain? Xx

I've had it in 9 months now. Had periods April, May and July and they all lasted about a week. They were heavier but less painful. Then September was 21 days and now this :( I keep thinking it's going then it starts again. Before I got pregnant I was in agony, when I stood up it felt like things snapping inside me. But I'm only getting the odd twinge and I hardly notice it. The consultant I saw before I was diagnosed said if it was endo (and he didn't believe that it was although lap & dye confirmed it later) that they couldn't treat it so I'd have to put up with it. He just gave me diclofenac and said to take it when it was bad. When I was diagnosed I was supposed to be booked in for another op to remove it and had consultant appt booked for June last year but found out I was pregnant in May. But I assume they were only going to remove it as we were ttc?xx

I've had it in 9 months now. Had periods April, May and July and they all lasted about a week. They were heavier but less painful. Then September was 21 days and now this :( I keep thinking it's going then it starts again. Before I got pregnant I was in agony, when I stood up it felt like things snapping inside me. But I'm only getting the odd twinge and I hardly notice it. The consultant I saw before I was diagnosed said if it was endo (and he didn't believe that it was although lap & dye confirmed it later) that they couldn't treat it so I'd have to put up with it. He just gave me diclofenac and said to take it when it was bad. When I was diagnosed I was supposed to be booked in for another op to remove it and had consultant appt booked for June last year but found out I was pregnant in May. But I assume they were only going to remove it as we were ttc?xx

Don't know anything about coils but just wanted to say sorry to hear your having the longest periods at the moment. Mine has been going on for 4 days and I'm sick of it already!! Xx

Oliver has got a really dry scalp. It's now got flaky bits on if you pick them. Tried to take a picture but it isn't very good. Any idea what to put on it or just leave it? Taking this picture has made me realise how fair he is. :)

Looks a bit like cradle cap? I don't know if they get it at this age though? When Cole had it we used Dentinox shampoo and it literally cleared within days x

Don't know anything about coils but just wanted to say sorry to hear your having the longest periods at the moment. Mine has been going on for 4 days and I'm sick of it already!! Xx

It's driving me mad. It's making me feel really run down and I want some Tom fun ;) haha x

Oliver has got a really dry scalp. It's now got flaky bits on if you pick them. Tried to take a picture but it isn't very good. Any idea what to put on it or just leave it?

Taking this picture has made me realise how fair he is. :)

Its just cradle cap... Rub on some baby oil with cotton wool.. leave it for a few mins.. then brush off with a baby comb.. :) xx

Looks a bit like cradle cap? I don't know if they get it at this age though? When Cole had it we used Dentinox shampoo and it literally cleared within days x It's driving me mad. It's making me feel really run down and I want some Tom fun ;) haha x

That's what I thought initially but didn't know if you got cradle cap now.

Yeah that's the negative side of periods. :(

That's what I thought initially but didn't know if you got cradle cap now. Yeah that's the negative side of periods. :(

We tried everything when Cole had it and it just wasn't shifting. I swear by dentinox now. Their teething gel is crap but the shampoo is brilliant x

Ok will get some today if I remember. Oliver loves the teething gro. Does nothing but he likes the taste I think he he x

Cole gets giddy when he sees the bonjela. Tom says he went and got it yesterday and gave it to Tom. To be fair he's needed it the past few days, think he's struggling with his 6th tooth :( x

With Christmas coming up me and Tom have decided not to spend much on each other. We've decided to just get a bit of something each. So I'm looking for ideas for free/cheap/crafty presents from Cole. I don't want to do a photo album as we've done that before. Any ideas?

Cole gets giddy when he sees the bonjela. Tom says he went and got it yesterday and gave it to Tom. To be fair he's needed it the past few days, think he's struggling with his 6th tooth :( x

Ha ha.. Éabha does too.. Its very funny.. now that her claps make sounds, she's constantly clappy when she's happy.. So when she's her bowls go in the microwave, her bottle, bonjella or calpol!!!! she gives a big clap ha ha ha

With Christmas coming up me and Tom have decided not to spend much on each other. We've decided to just get a bit of something each. So I'm looking for ideas for free/cheap/crafty presents from Cole. I don't want to do a photo album as we've done that before. Any ideas?

Hand print/foot print print in some soft clay and a deep frame from £1 shop ? Or theres recipes to make own clay if you search it. Put glitter or paint on his hand and hold a tree bauble so it has his print on. A selfie stick for all your family pics. Or have you got a baby sitter? How about a cinema voucher or a group on for a meal with a note to say my present is for you and mummy to have a night out on me im going to spend the day with ....x

Hand print/foot print print in some soft clay and a deep frame from £1 shop ? Or theres recipes to make own clay if you search it. Put glitter or paint on his hand and hold a tree bauble so it has his print on. A selfie stick for all your family pics. Or have you got a baby sitter? How about a cinema voucher or a group on for a meal with a note to say my present is for you and mummy to have a night out on me im going to spend the day with ....x

We're doing the bauble and hand prints for our parents so going to do one for us too. What's a selfie stick?! I'm intrigued. We've not been on a night out since Cole was born, that might be an idea :) thanks xx

Back