Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi ladies do you recommend any websites/recipes for starting to wean.

Connor is now interested in food 5 and half months old.
I've just bought TT blender and mini tubs to freeze food in. Can't wait to start making some!

Hi ladies do you recommend any websites/recipes for starting to wean. Connor is now interested in food 5 and half months old. I've just bought TT blender and mini tubs to freeze food in. Can't wait to start making some!

I just started by pureeing veg and fruit individually until I got to know what he liked and then tired different combinations...
Sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, parsnips are good veg to start with, apple, pear, banana are for fruit to start with.
I discovered that my boy likes anything if it's mixed with apple so that's what I do!
Also prefers fruit over veg!
Porridge is popular too- I use Cow&Gate sunny start creamy porridge and Oliver loves it, esp with fruit purée mixed in :) x

Pyjamas ... Oliver doesn't wear sleep suits anymore because he is too long so we have been buying pjs for him. I got cheapy ones from Asda, morrisons abd matalan. Paul got 3 pairs from mothercare at the weekend which were double the price. However not only are the sizing fairly small (how can a nearly 10 month old only just fit into 12-18 months?!), the colour really fades when the material is stretched a bit.

Basically I'm letting you know that in my opinion cheapy pjs are the way forward lol!

Pyjamas ... Oliver doesn't wear sleep suits anymore because he is too long so we have been buying pjs for him. I got cheapy ones from Asda, morrisons abd matalan. Paul got 3 pairs from mothercare at the weekend which were double the price. However not only are the sizing fairly small (how can a nearly 10 month old only just fit into 12-18 months?!), the colour really fades when the material is stretched a bit.

Basically I'm letting you know that in my opinion cheapy pjs are the way forward lol!
Excellent cos I'm going to be spending some money on Oliver tomorrow and I'm going to Primark!
We have the same problem now, he's just 6 months old but his 6-9 month sleep suits are getting tight... Think I'll be trying pyjamas x

We have Cole in Matalan. He's in 12-18m. He's got a pair from next which are about the same size. I don't like the fleecy button up ones so we buy cotton over the head ones which are far better xx

Totally agree I found some of the sleepsuits i got from mothercare I had to throw they looked tatty and they seemed really small, I like matalan sleepsuits and tesco ones seemed to have lasted well and the sizing is good, olivers 9 weeks and almost out of his 3-6 clothes lol oh dear x

We've got a variety, she's just outgrowing 12-18 so we've moved upwards. Got some Disney asda ones and so far they are ok and some mothercare ones which were in the sale but they are quite small size wise def won't be lasting as long as the asda ones. She's getting some for chistmas from my friend so we will see what they are like!

Don't get me wrong the mothercare ones are beautiful colours and design but oliver is wearing a pair for the first time and the colours are all faded where it's stretched over his legs. They don't feel that tight so it's not like his legs are stretching the material. Think I'd only get some in the sale and always get a size up. Love oliver in pjs. He looks super cute. Does reinforce that he is no longer my baby though lol

I was just going to say I think I will cry when ben goes into big boy jarmies! However at 7 months he's now too big for 9-12 so won't be long! Any issues with cold toes? Xx

I've been putting 2 piece PJ's on Éabha since summer... So much easier to change her bum!!
However now its gone cold I've put her back in sleepsuits as her feet are like ice blocks!! She will not keeps socks on no matter how many times I put them back on, they're off again in minutes...
I know they say babies don't feel their cold feet the way we do but still... They do feel freezing... She's filing 9-12 month and creeping into 12-18 month sleepsuits now... I have bought some and she has worn them once or twice.. But it makes me sad (lol)

I put Cole in socks and because he sleeps in a sleeping bag he can't get to them to take them off. Mind you, he's never even tried taking his socks off full stop xx

I put Cole in socks and because he sleeps in a sleeping bag he can't get to them to take them off. Mind you, he's never even tried taking his socks off full stop xx

Yea she sleeps in a gro bag too but she's in her PJ's from about 6pm so its whens he's crawling about that her feet are cold.. If she's put in PJ's right at bed time they're grand..
She won't keep anything on her feet.. My friend bought her little converse and I've only put them on her once as she hated them on.. What a waste of money (for my friend lol)

At the moment, we put Oliver in a pair of socks and then a sleep suit so he can't get his socks off as he's gone from being a baby who would cry if he didn't have socks on to a baby who likes to pull them off at every opportunity!

For bedtime, he's currently in a long sleeved bodysuit, socks, a sleep suit and then into a 2.5 tog sleeping bag.
Think if he goes into pyjamas we'll put socks and a long sleeved bodysuit on still, the pyjamas and then the sleeping bag.

Regarding Mothercare, I've had the same problem with sleep suits coming up too small but interestingly enough, Oliver had a pair of jeans from there in 0-3 months and he was still wearing them at 5 months old!
Yet he was in a 3-6 Tesco pair from 8 weeks old!!!
Crazy sizing!

Totally agree I found some of the sleepsuits i got from mothercare I had to throw they looked tatty and they seemed really small, I like matalan sleepsuits and tesco ones seemed to have lasted well and the sizing is good, olivers 9 weeks and almost out of his 3-6 clothes lol oh dear x
Wow he's a giant!!
But to be fair, my Oliver was in 3-6 clothes from around the same age!
He's just 6 months now and his 6-9's are getting tight!!

At the moment, we put Oliver in a pair of socks and then a sleep suit so he can't get his socks off as he's gone from being a baby who would cry if he didn't have socks on to a baby who likes to pull them off at every opportunity! For bedtime, he's currently in a long sleeved bodysuit, socks, a sleep suit and then into a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. Think if he goes into pyjamas we'll put socks and a long sleeved bodysuit on still, the pyjamas and then the sleeping bag. Regarding Mothercare, I've had the same problem with sleep suits coming up too small but interestingly enough, Oliver had a pair of jeans from there in 0-3 months and he was still wearing them at 5 months old! Yet he was in a 3-6 Tesco pair from 8 weeks old!!! Crazy sizing!

Wow your oliver must be a cold baby, or maybe mine is just a hot one. We sometimes put a bodysuit underneath his pjs but that's it. When he wakes he is always toasty. X

Wow your oliver must be a cold baby, or maybe mine is just a hot one. We sometimes put a bodysuit underneath his pjs but that's it. When he wakes he is always toasty. X

He always has cold hands and feet, even with socks on!!
He's always nice and toasty in his sleeping bag when we go get him :) x

Wow Dougal that's allot of clothes at night time.. É does have light socks (not fluffy ones), a long sleeve vest, a baby grow and a 2.5 TOG sleeping bag... Some nights, most nights, she won't have socks on.. Just really cold nights but its more coz I sleep with socks on as I hate cold feet...
Hers are cold to touch when she's been crawling about for a while with no socks on.. raelly cold to touch... But everyone from J's Mam to PHN have promised me she doesn't feel it.. And she never acts as if she feels it n pulls off socks quicker than I can get them on so I assume she can't feel it... And she's never had more than a little sniffle so it def doesn't make her ill...

I don't understand how they don't feel it, I've never heard that before? I've always been worried about Cole getting cold feet, especially when he's in the pushchair with just socks on. Have I been worrying for nothing?! :eek:

Cole only sleeps on pj's, thin socks and his sleeping bag. No vest. He's always really hot when he gets up and if I go into him in the night he's always lovely and warm. He's probably like me and Tom, we never sleep in anything and have the top window constantly slightly ajar, even in winter.

Oliver's room isn't the warmest so that's prob y and I'm guessing he takes after me, cos I wear a lot at bedtime whereas Paul sleeps in just his boxers cos he gets too got otherwise!
He only has normal socks on and the long sleeved bodysuit and sleep suit are just normal cotton ones.
He had got some fleecey sleep suits but cos he's in a sleeping bag and won't entertain a blanket, we haven't bothered using them.
They are handy to put on him if we're going out in the buggy and it's rather cold x

Back