Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I just googled and the only thing I could find is that babies circulation isn't fully developed when they are born so it takes up to about three months to settle down. Not sure if that's the same thing though? I like my feet being cold, I've always got them stuck out of bed :)

Thomas sleeps in a vest and sleeping bag with the air con on, he's always toasty warm but he runs hot like his dad.
He gets sweaty if the air con is off.

If anyone has a Morrison nearby they have an offer in the sun today where you get £5 free fruit or veg if you spend £10 in store. I know it's not specifically pregnancy or baby related but thought I'd share the bargain x

That's a good deal. We do our shop online. Decided this month to get enough for the whole month and stock up on shampoo's, washing stuff, cleaning stuff etc. Currently £185 in ten basket :eek: x

That's a good deal. We do our shop online. Decided this month to get enough for the whole month and stock up on shampoo's, washing stuff, cleaning stuff etc. Currently £185 in ten basket :eek: x

I can't quite imagine. We got mainly food for the week plus a few cleaning bits and that came to £70 :( ridiculous how expensive everything is x

You don't want to hear what my food bill is then.... Averages about £110 for one week including Oliver's formula, wipes, nappies, food, etc and of course dog biscuits, dentastix's etc etc.
That's in Waitrose AFTER my 15% staff discount!!!
Tried Tesco and we spend about the same....

I spend £100 for my big shop (monthly) then about £30 a week on top ups but it's pricey everywhere now. Xx

We easily spend £90 a week and that's in Asda! lol That's not even with formula, nappies, wipes etc as we budget £90 a month for those bits also which we buy all in one go each pay day xx

I go Aldi turns out pretty decent as get quite a bit for your money, Asda ive found are good but I end up getting branded stuff that I don't need and it puts the price up, in Aldi there isn't any brands exept there own so it easier to just get what you need and the stuff is as good as brand stuff anyway x

One thing I miss about the uk is decent supermarkets. There are ones here but they are extortionate to do a whole shop in one place. Things like toiletries/cleaning stuff is soo expensive, hence why I'm stockpiling nappies from amazon.

I needed to buy shower gel yesterday, they had big bottles on Bogof supposedly but they were EUR6 each... The same ones are EUR3 in another shop down the road and u get them in poundland at home. Annoys me do much, esp when I have the determination but not the energy to shop around at the moment!! So our shopping bill is huge and our fridge still always seems empty!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We spent £195 but that's with no nappies and we'll need to still buy milk, bread, fruit & veg every week. Plus we still need to do our big Christmas shop but we're going to the supermarket to do that because I LOVE Christmas food shopping :)

Mine doesn't seem so expensive now!
We buy a lot of fresh meat and fish and milk... And I think the bulk of our money goes on fruit and veg and Oliver lol!

I don't feel so bad now as I thought over here was way more expensive, I average around £110 a week :-O been trying to cut it back recently as seems so much!

:eek:
And I thought we spent a lot on food! As you all know I shop at aldi quite a lot ( ;) ) so a shop for us is rarely over £70 and that's when we've got cleaning stuff, nappies, toilet roll etc. I maybe do one of those every 3 weeks? Then I shop at sainsburys/tesco/wherever for the bits aldi don't do/don't like their version eg. Golden syrup, shampoo, pg tips etc. but even then it's not every week. I do a butcher run for bacon, sausages and chicken which is about £40 a month. And then odds and sods wherever I am so milk/bread/fruit/veg though it tends to be aldi these days over anywhere else. We've got a posh one near us and it's easy to park and it's clean and quiet so it's much less hassle than any of the others!
I've only ever had one shop over £100 at aldi an that included a LOT of booze for a party.
We use to shop at tesco/sainsburys before I had Abigail though and we regularly used to spend over £80 a week and that was just 2 of us!

We've got 2 Aldi's in Colchester but both are just the wrong side of town for me so I've never even been in one!
I have a Tesco on my doorstep (literally!) and Waitrose is a 5 min drive away so that's where I shop.
We spend anything between £100-£120 a week but that's for everything (me and hubby, Oliver, 2 dogs and a cat!) and we never have to top up during the week, apart from maybe extra bananas cos we get thru so many in a week and they don't last that long!

Back