Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

We are looking to get a clevamumma pillow to go under Oliver's sheets but hopefully help him breath better and sleep better in his cot. Anyone know the difference between baby and toddler pillows? Guessing size but if it is under the sheet then does this matter? It says from 12 months for the toddler one. Oliver is 10 months this week. Obviously don't want to compromise his safety but the baby one looks quite small and oliver does wriggle a lot!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

We got the baby one and I wish we'd got the toddler. I think it's slightly higher and bigger but that's it. We haven't even put it under the sheet, he pulls it round the bed with him. It's completely breathable, I've pressed it to my face as hard as I could and could still breathe, so figure the sheets being stretched and pressed against his face is no different xx

We got the baby one and I wish we'd got the toddler. I think it's slightly higher and bigger but that's it. We haven't even put it under the sheet, he pulls it round the bed with him. It's completely breathable, I've pressed it to my face as hard as I could and could still breathe, so figure the sheets being stretched and pressed against his face is no different xx

Where did you get yours from? I saw they have them on Amazon. X

Whereas my bump took over my body lol
But look at the weight difference in our bubbas. Éabha was only 6lb 14oz... She's a little dot

Id have loved a big bump. Felt like I was faking it ha ha

Ladies

Can I ask about Dopplers? I'm looking for recommendations as there are so many out there with mixed reviews.

I know that it shouldn't be used to check when I have concerns - I really just want to use it to listen in to baby between scans. It feels like such a long time to wait, and as I won't feels wiggles or kicks for a good few weeks, I'd like some way to connect with bubz.

Thoughts please? X

I have one n loved it. It's called angel something?? Was EUR21 r something... I loved it
As u say if there's any concerns always get checked at the hospital. Never ever rely in the Doppler. But I loved laying listening to get heartbeat after my shower....

Yeah think it's angel sound or something I got mine off ebay for around £16 x

Edit: here's the one I got
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121503905939

Was defo worth it I listened to mine at 8 weeks

I've got the angelcare one as well but tbh I haven't used it for weeks since I gave myself a fright that something was wrong. It's good before u can feel baby but now I know she's wriggling around I don't feel the need to use it x

I've got the angelcare one as well but tbh I haven't used it for weeks since I gave myself a fright that something was wrong. It's good before u can feel baby but now I know she's wriggling around I don't feel the need to use it x
Yeah I only use mine up untill around 20 weeks really I think as I could feel movement by then, it's reassuring though x

Thanks for the input. It sounds like it becomes a bit redundant when you start to feel movement (makes sense!) so with only 6 weeks or so to go until then, I might try abd resist. Sure there will be plenty of other bubz related items I could be buying with that money xx

Has any one used baby gavisvon? Just had it prescribed advised to use four times a day as shes bee suffering with reflux and has only put half a pound on in last two weeks. Did it work ? And when did it start working? Also only have a weeks worth do i go back for more if its working as its not on repeat prescription or does it solve the problem ?!

I did it didn't work for us but anti reflux formula was a miracle cure, however it did give constipation xx

I did it didn't work for us but anti reflux formula was a miracle cure, however it did give constipation xx

Oh i hope it does ha ha but if not i will try the milk then will have to be very organised they dont do the small pre made bottles in it i only use a few times a week but carry one round with me always had have one at every grandparents houses!!

Yes I used to use those before too. The anti reflux has to be made in warm milk rather than hot so it's pretty easy to manage.
The gaviscon should work straight away and if it does you will need a repeat xx

Has any one used baby gavisvon? Just had it prescribed advised to use four times a day as shes bee suffering with reflux and has only put half a pound on in last two weeks. Did it work ? And when did it start working? Also only have a weeks worth do i go back for more if its working as its not on repeat prescription or does it solve the problem ?!

Yes oliver did but it wasn't strong enough for him so he had something beginning with r which really helped. Hope it helps for you x

Ranitidine, we were given that too but I'd bought the milk whilst waiting for the prescription..... Impatient :) xx

Quick question for my sister. If Zac (aged 3) had cough medicine two hours ago can he have the baby Nurofen stuff?

Back