Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Regarding meat, I've given him pork, mince, sausages, ham and chicken but have blended it up... The pork was slow cooked so it was in that fallen apart state anyway, the sausages I take the skin off and mash it, usually with mashed potato and peas!
Ham- he's had as it is, loved playing with it!! Did eat some but preferred throwing it on the floor for my 2 very happy dogs!
Fish I've mashed it up too... Mince is pretty much mashed up anyway but he wasn't overly keen on it...
As she has teeth, worth trying her with meats and fish whole so to speak, as she can chew them up...
I'd try mashed up first, if she likes, try in whole form.
I think with most things, you just have to do what you're comfortable with and what she likes...
It's fun watching Oliver with food :) x

It makes it all the more exciting knowing she can have a lot more variety of food :). So how do u go about milk? I know they say milk should be the main source before 6 months. But when did u stop giving milk before solids xx

It makes it all the more exciting knowing she can have a lot more variety of food :). So how do u go about milk? I know they say milk should be the main source before 6 months. But when did u stop giving milk before solids xx

Formula is the main source until they're 1 hun
I'm gona start weaning Éabha onto cows milk in the new year...

I still give Oliver milk before solids, he loves his milk just as much as his food :)
Once he's 12 months old I'll be weaning him into cows milk too.
I'm guessing I'll have a baby who'll always want a bottle of milk :)

Formula is the main source until they're 1 hun
I'm gona start weaning Éabha onto cows milk in the new year...

Well I just meant the health visitor said to give solids before milk at 6 months. People give different advise x

Until babies are 1 year old, milk is the most important source of nutrition, food is just for fun, getting them used to different tastes and textures.
Maybe your HV meant that once Mia is on 3 meals a day (they say to aim for 7 months), to give her food before her milk.

Well I just meant the health visitor said to give solids before milk at 6 months. People give different advise x

Oh sorry hun. I thought u meant to start cows milk at 6month. I still give É her milk. Wait half hour ish then give brekkie. Same at lunch. She's ditched we dinner bottle lately but it was the same with that too. Just c&o it was what worked for us :) x

Oh sorry hun. I thought u meant to start cows milk at 6month. I still give É her milk. Wait half hour ish then give brekkie. Same at lunch. She's ditched we dinner bottle lately but it was the same with that too. Just c&o it was what worked for us :) x

Lol no not cows milk. Although she did say I can cook with it, so I'll be trying her with weetabix at some point :). Mia loves her milk so I'm sure she won't be dropping any in a hurry x

Well baby led weaning is on the go! Connor just hates baby food! It's so strange..

Tonight he tried toast & loved it!
1418862601238.jpg

I've always given Cole his milk first, even when he started on 3 proper meals a day. About two months ago he kind of got himself in a different routine where he now has milk about 7am, breakfast at 8ish, milk after morning nap then dinner at 12-1ish, milk after afternoon nap then tea 5-6pm ish. After tea he refuses any other foods or milk. He's 1 in two weeks so I've started making less formula and adding an ounce or two of cows milk so he gets used to the taste before he goes straight onto it. He has 6oz formula with 2oz cows milk first thing then his other two bottles are 4oz formula with 1-2oz cows milk to top it up. Gradually reducing the amount of formula and upping the cows milk.

I give milk after wake ups so at 7, 11 and 3 then meals tend to be about an hour and a half later . Bed time bottle at 7 ish xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Lol no not cows milk. Although she did say I can cook with it, so I'll be trying her with weetabix at some point :). Mia loves her milk so I'm sure she won't be dropping any in a hurry x
Yea I give it in weetabix r cereals r cooking.
I given her spoons of it here n there...

I've always given Cole his milk first, even when he started on 3 proper meals a day. About two months ago he kind of got himself in a different routine where he now has milk about 7am, breakfast at 8ish, milk after morning nap then dinner at 12-1ish, milk after afternoon nap then tea 5-6pm ish. After tea he refuses any other foods or milk. He's 1 in two weeks so I've started making less formula and adding an ounce or two of cows milk so he gets used to the taste before he goes straight onto it. He has 6oz formula with 2oz cows milk first thing then his other two bottles are 4oz formula with 1-2oz cows milk to top it up. Gradually reducing the amount of formula and upping the cows milk.

OMG!!!! 1 in just 2 weeks!!!!! OMG

Thanks for the replies girls. I can't wait till she can try cuc ect to soothe her poorly gums. Has anyone tried those biccy pegs? Just wondered if they were any good? As in not full of rubbish xx

Thanks for the replies girls. I can't wait till she can try cuc ect to soothe her poorly gums. Has anyone tried those biccy pegs? Just wondered if they were any good? As in not full of rubbish xx

I dunno what cuc or bicycle pegs are???

It's mental. Doesn't feel a whole year since we were waiting for our bubbas arrival... Imagine.. We didnt even know these little people a year ago...

I know. It's a year on Wednesday coming that I found out I was being induced and a year on Friday coming that we went into hospital.

I know. It's a year on Wednesday coming that I found out I was being induced and a year on Friday coming that we went into hospital.

All gone way too quickly :(
This time last year oliver had dropped massively and I was 2/5 engaged. Sadly it stayed this way for 6 weeks hehe

I had biccy pegs when I was a baby. Do they still do them? X

Lol Francis, bickie pegs are teething biscuits n cuc ( cucumber) just me being lazy xx... Yeh penny they sell them in asda xx

Back