Pregnancy and Slimming World

It's the fact that with my son no one talked to me n I was on a bed strapped up to a macheine which I now find was stupid as was low risk. This time I want me n partner n only monitered as n when n not strapped up. Since my son who will be 5 jan I get scared if hospitals :( also ended with forceps with Jacob :(

Where's grumble when was she due now??!! Hope she ok!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 37 weeks preg: 14s 7lb

I'm here! Just lurking :D 40 weeks today, no signs apart from some back ache. Seeing the midwife today....will she do an internal check as it's my due date? I'm just dreading having to get undressed when the time comes :(

she might do, she might even sweep you, should you chose to ask or want one. My mw said she would have sweeped me as i had an app on my due date, though i missed it ofc lol .

Leeanne 2 weeks before i had Penny i had to go for a growth scan and that was at 9am, and they had closed the ward.. and i said to joe.. there is no way il get my waterbirth (with only two pools available) and i recon we'l end up elsewhere. When i turned up at 3am on my due date, it was dead quiet, and no one was there, i got the room i wanted etc.. and by the time it was done and dusted and i was moved, it was heaving!

Think I'll pass if she offers lol I've heard it's really uncomfy! Does anyone know exactly what a sweep is? I sounds like having a smear but i'm a bit clueless!

Still not popped then grumble lol thought we be hearin baby news lol

Anyone else suffer with poo urges lol

Sounds weird but yesterday I was like omg I wanna poo, went n tried n nothin but tummy ache n a funny walk after :(

It's so weird I don't remember any of this with Jacob.

Oh fern I want water birth too :( they only got 1 pool how stupid! Xx

Hey grumble so exciting its u next!! Honestly a sweep is ok..... It just sounds bad! The mw inserts 2 fingers n basically has a feel n tries to stretch the membranes if they r soft enough. It feels like a smear test n is over very quickly!

Got Sw in a bit n its taster day nom nom then im off to manchester xmas markets to scoff some more lol

Sweeps are uncomfortable grumble but only last a couple of mins, but if you only just hit your due date I wouldn't have one as they only work if your bodies nearly ready any way x

Hey mummy Clark you looking forward to tomorrow? How you feeling? I'm totally off plan at the moment I'm so skint but I'm trying to be good the best I can, hope everyone is well. Wonder if we'll have any Christmas day babies on here? x

Hey oasis, so scared, just been out for lunch with my parents, trying to take my mind off it, just hope all is ok, really wanna announce good news to husbands parents, don't know what I'll do if something is wrong, especially when husbands sister and cousin are both having babies in June too, but hey keeping optimistic for now
Really think I'm gonna have to get back on plan in new year, I look gross all flabby and horrible
Fingers crossed for grumble and leanne, hope you dont have have Xmas day babies, that would suck. Sometimes I think we should plan when baby will be born better, my first was a valentine baby, this one is set to fall on our first anniversary x

I'm sure you'll be fine, let us know how you get on I'm sure it will be good news. I think I'm having a baby elephant, I'm showing really quickly :( but it's not a bump i just look huge and my tummy muscles are aching x

Is it mummy clarks scan today??

Well I was havin mild aches last night n threw up

Then in the night some discomfort. N now I been awake 2 hours since 5 am totalt shattered but can't sleep so I'm gonna get up

Yey..... Not

Think body may be preparing for 13 days time!

Ohhhh I don't want a Xmas baby lol we technicly was planning but somehow fell preg I stopped the pill even tho I was on lol

Just shows how they get dates wrong!!

That's why I think bubs will be late :)

Morning all

Finally settling into our house and have got the internet etc hooked up a couple of days ago -so Im now officially back in the land of the living :D
Congratulations on the new arrivals I have missed :happy036:
and pinkies crossed for those with new bundles about to make an appearance,

Well an update on us -I had my anomaly scan last week -I was a little late at 22 weeks, but was amazed that the other ladies there for the same scan all seemed to have mahoosive bumps -I thought some must be about ready to give birth :eek: -I looked down at me and thought they must think I was in the wrong department :giggle:, anyway -bumpsydoodle was on his best behaviour so they got to check all the bits n bobs out and he is smack bang on size etc for :clap: -so I now no longer care that Im not gaining a big bump, although Im still 6.5lb lighter than when I found out I was pregnant and as my fatta podge has grown I guess I must be losing from somewhere else :happy036:........... ooh and we also found out that bumpsydoodle is in fact a boy (good job as I have been calling him HE for weeks :p) -so as yet we think it will be Charlie -unless we get struck by inspiration.
I have another scan booked for the 3rd feb to check his size etc as Im under the consultant because of my head -oh and the fact I will be 40 in 2 days :eek:(although If anyone asks Im still twenty-tooty ;)). Even the consultant had to agree that I seem to be romping through pregnancy :D as yet I still just get an ache in my rigth hip when I lie down -other than that well I feel amazing :clap:
Our xmas is going to be soooooooooo quiet -what with bump, moving back from Germany etc-but everyone understands and Im sure we will make up for it next year ;)
Right I had better get off and get some more boxes unpacked....
Have a lovely day everyone and have a great xmas too,,,,,,

Dreading consultant appointment in morn, lost 3lb since my booking appointment but now have put 4 back on :( hope he isn't going to winge about my weight, think I've done alright so far. Is anyone else under the consultant? How do you find it? Hope your all well x

Hey everyone just to let you know scan was fine, although bubba was asleep, got very excited in the waiting room, was feeling very nervous but got a def kick, i had been feeling movement but thought I must have been imagining things as it's still so early but I'm pretty sure now. So happy, this baby has a posterior placenta, unlike my daughter who i didn't feel move till 22 weeks with full on kicks. Was a little upset that the notes had difficult scan due to high bmi on them, I know I'm overweight but now I feel awful :(

mummyClark said:
Hey everyone just to let you know scan was fine, although bubba was asleep, got very excited in the waiting room, was feeling very nervous but got a def kick, i had been feeling movement but thought I must have been imagining things as it's still so early but I'm pretty sure now. So happy, this baby has a posterior placenta, unlike my daughter who i didn't feel move till 22 weeks with full on kicks. Was a little upset that the notes had difficult scan due to high bmi on them, I know I'm overweight but now I feel awful :(

Oh my god that's rude! Especially since you see the notes. Glad everything is okay. I've felt a couple of movements but trying to not get my hopes up as a bit early but you know when you feel something that's not normal/wind lol. When's your next appointment with Midwife? x

Next appointment is in 2 weeks with midwife when I'll be 15 weeks, then need to make an appointment with a consultant at 18 weeks to discuss blood
Am trying not to let the weight thing bother me, my bmi is 29, but i got a bit worried when I got home as I was very reluctant to eat, I had PND with my first and I don't wanna get it pre birth this time, think I'm just gonna chill and watch some Christmas films x

O and yer I keep trying not to think baby is moving, but it's completely different to gas and just gonna accept what it is now, do I'm sure your feeling your bubba too xx

I think it's just a generic thing they have to do as o had it on my notes too but scan wasn't difficult she saw and measured everything n I could see the sex... Hope still that what we saw was a willy and doesn't vanish lol

I wouldn't worry too much I got upset bout it but it's not like I am hugely big! Yes I'm not skinny but curv-a-licious!

Glad scan went well I bet u are over the moon!

I'm bout to get in bath been up since 5am with just uncomfy n pressure discomfort.... Then I may eat and go nap!

Back