Pregnancy and Slimming World

Salaam Alia - just dropping in to say try putting a bit of salt on your tongue when you feel sick, it helped my sister. Also, another thing that helped her a lot, so much that she probably couldn't have done without it, is those anti-sickness wristbands. They are lifesavers and absolutely brilliant, can be re-used if the kids are feeling sick.

Hope you feel better soon inshaAllah xxx

Help with SW and Pregnancy please

I joined SW last week, I am 22 wks pregnant and I have gained 3 st since the start of my pregnancy, I'm desperate to slow down the rapid weight gain.

When I joined my group leader was on holiday and there was a locum in place. She recommended that I follow extra easy but have 2 HE A and 2 HE B.

Last night the group leader rang me to say hello and have a quick chat. I told her what had been suggested and she said she thought this was wrong and I should just stick to the plan as it is set out.

EEk, so i've probably been doing most of the 1st week wrong.

What is everyone else doing?

Also my midwife said she won't be signing any forms encouraging dieting during pregnancy - I explained that it was a healthy eating programme but she still said no. Are the forms vital?
If necessary i'll take it to my Doctor as i'm sure he'd support it.

I'm suprised your midwife won't sign it - mine did it with no trouble at all - having said that my consultant has n't asked to look at it but I do think you have to get it done.

I've been told to follow the plan exactly as it is too - only get to have extra if you are breast feeding.

Good luck with it, it's not easy while you are pregnant and I am really struggling at the moment due to such bad sickness.

Thank you Alia,

For the rest of the week I'm sticking to the plan as it is, the locum didn't have the book with her, i'm guessing she got confused with the breastfeeding bit.

I found the thing that helped me with the nausea was making sure i ate little but often, even when i wasn't hungry and drank plenty of water. I found that if i became even slightly hungry or dehydrated i would feel sick and get really nasty headaches.
Sadly the nausea didn't leave until about week 16 but after that, touch wood, it hasn't come back. I still suffer with occasional headaches though x

Hi sorry for butting in I've just found out I'm pregnant very early days I know but last week i reached target, do I have to still pay if I put on weight!! Obv will b baby weight!! I not too sure if someone can help that will b great!!

My SW consultant mentioned this when i spoke to her yesterday, apparently SW allow target members to put on 2 st throughout the pregnancy as this is normal baby weight gain but you'll need to check with your consultant.

Hi girls I'm 13 + 5 with my 2nd and just trying to get back into SW. I just couldn't stick to it in the first trimester. Finding a little bit difficult to get into but determine I'm not going to put on as much weight this time.

Got my first weigh in tonight. Wish me luck, especially as i was doing it wrong the first half of the week lol

Hi Ladies

Hope you're all doing well. I'm 32+4 and I weighed myself for the first time since finding out I was preggers & I've put on just under a stone which I pleased about. To be fair I've not been eating very well just not hungry but because of babs I try eat some fruit, yoghurts & things like that. I've massive cravings for ice cubes so munching away at them. I hope that I only gain a few pounds more but we'll see.

As soon as babs arrives I'm going to stick to it 100%.

Hi sorry for butting in I've just found out I'm pregnant very early days I know but last week i reached target, do I have to still pay if I put on weight!! Obv will b baby weight!! I not too sure if someone can help that will b great!!

Hi Lollipop2885,
congratulations on reaching target and on your news. I am emailed slimming world with the same question and this is what they said:

"Firstly, many congratulations to you I hope you are feeling well.
As a target member you do not have to pay for the duration of your
pregnancy and then you have until
your baby is 6 weeks old to get back to within 3lbs of your target
weight before you would start to
pay again.
Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy "

hope this helps. x x

Woohoo 5.5lbs in my first week! Just goes to show how much rubbish i was eating before i started.
Although so far this week i seem to be bloating up so not looking forward to weigh in on wednesday!

well done smoggii that's a great loss.

Just stopping by with an update - had my first hospital appointment and 12 week scan on wednesday although they put me back to 11 weeks and changed my due date from the 3rd to the 10th march - gutted lol

Cut a long story short got different sickness tablets which are doing nothing and actually as each day goes by I'm feeling worse. Was also put on blood thining injections daily which I'm a bit confused about - yes I'm fat and that apparently makes me at risk of a dvt but I've never had to take these injections before and with my last pregnancy I was about 4 stone heavier than I am now - hubby does nt think I should take them but I'm in two minds. Going back to the GP tomorrow morning as I'm in such a mess, so depressed, can't sleep, can't stop feeling sick and being sick, no energy, skin is constantly itching and I'm just totally miserable!!

On top of that I'm desperately trying to stick to plan - been good this week despite the sickness and needing to live on toast and crackers but I do think I'm making myself feel worse by not having as many crackers as I feel I need and if this sickness does nt improve I think I might have to reassess the situation and just go with the flow and give my body what it needs - pretty much everything else I try to eat has me heaving as I'm trying to swallow. I've managed to work out I can have 10 pieces of toast a day - seems extreem but 6 WW whole meal slices as my 2 healthy extras and 4 give me 10 syns. Not the best way to do slimming world granted but at least its within the plan. Problem is I need to munch on crackers in between and that is what takes me off plan :( will see what happens in the next couple of days and decide from there.

Hope you are all well and not struggling or feeling as bad as I am xxxx :jelous::jelous:

Alia, sorry to hear you are feeling sick hopefully it will pass. Are the injections you talk about called Clexane? They sting like mad as the liquid goes in? If so I had them when I was pregnant and hospitalised for winter vomitting bug and then an unstable lie. As for the itching ask your chemist if you can try Eurax, I have had non-specific dermatitis for 18 months and that is the only thing that kept my itching under control. FIngers crossed for you lovely! Enjoy your pregnancy when you can hun.

Alia, sorry to hear you are feeling sick hopefully it will pass. Are the injections you talk about called Clexane? They sting like mad as the liquid goes in? If so I had them when I was pregnant and hospitalised for winter vomitting bug and then an unstable lie. As for the itching ask your chemist if you can try Eurax, I have had non-specific dermatitis for 18 months and that is the only thing that kept my itching under control. FIngers crossed for you lovely! Enjoy your pregnancy when you can hun.

no its innohep and they still sting like mad and I have to do them myself every day - although been a chicken till now and hubby has been doing them.

Right now the idea of enjoying this pregnancy seems impossible but who knows, maybe it will get better as I progress into my 2nd trimester - that's the hope that's keeping me going at the moment.

Thanks for the advice about eurax, will give it a go although it seems there is no rash or dry skin but I'll try anything right now.

Thanks for your help xxxx

Back