Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi Honey, really missed you!! I hope everything's going great with the bun in the oven!! Sounds like you're doing fab!! XXXXXX

Helleeewww!! Thanks so much for your message. Sorry it's been a bit sporadic since I signed back on. DH and I are on holiday at the moment so finding time on the internet can be tricky. OMG I can't believe you've lost 52lbs so far!!! WOW! Well done you!

I have just THIS MINUTE found out I'm preggers for the second time! I'm so excited and can't really tell anyone yet (apart from husband) so thought I'd come on here and share my news. Been trying for about a year as well so about bloody time! YAY!

Congratulations Wussbird :D

How is everyone getting on?

I’m not doing too badly – not exactly been managing to follow plan that well but by some miracle according to my scales I have only put on 2 ½ lbs since getting my BFP

My appetite is starting to return to normal although I can’t eat the same sized portions that I had before (which is probably a good thing) so it’s small meals as and when I can really.

Had my 16week midwife check yesterday and she is pleased at how I’m getting on. We heard Tadpoles heartbeat so am glad to know that everything is ok in there :)

Unfortunately because my BMI is over the recommended level I have had a letter come through with an appoint at Obstetrics. Am hoping that they won’t be too nasty as I have heard they can give a lecture about being overweight - has anyone been to anything similar themselves?

Hiya,

I'm only just starting to get back on plan but it's a struggle. I need to change my portion sizes as I'm starting to get heartburn so it looks like I might have to eat mini meals every few hours instead of a nice big dinner.

I've actually eaten 2 pieces of fruit today, the first in about 7 weeks!

Sorry, just realised my previous post had nothing about SW on it!! I think my main problem will be sticking to the plan when I'm watching the weight go up anyway.

I've lost 2 stone 2lb in 4.5 months so far and I certainly don't want to put it all back on again!

Hi all!! Wow lots have been going on since the last time I checked in!! Well this morning I got my positive!!! Feeling the effects of bloating and constipation too joy!!!
Have to speak with consultants due to my gb to make sure the sw plan is safe for me and baby without having a derestriction.

Take care everyone

Xxxx

mummymoo - Hope you are ok! You need to just look after yourself and do whatever feels right for you and baby. Take care of yourself :)

only just seen this. I'm just doing what needs to be done right now which is keeping my feet up as the hospital have said i'm borderline pre-eclampsia and could be induced at any minute.

on a sw note i've managed to lose 2lbs this week :D

hey guys update from me im over 31 weeks now so 7 weeks to go - and am still 6lb lighter than when i started pregmacy so kinda hoping i can carry onthat way for the next 7 weeks. i have pretty much kept on track and found scan bran great during pregnancy -helps with the constipation and good for weight loss- hope u r all ok

Hello all :wave:

I'm fairly new to the site and been doing SW for 2m.
Lost nearly a stone and then just found out zim pregnant with our second baby.
First ones 10m old and we planned this one. I'm around 5w, early days.

I'm off plan atm, I have a few Qs about fat free / sugar free / low cal sprays.
Are they safe to eat while pregnant? Are we supposed to avoid artificial sweetners?

Hope you are all doing well.

Just wanted to say hi and congrats on all of you who have just had your BFPs.
I'm hoping very much to be joining this forum soon, as me and DH are in our second month of TTC. So I am eagerly watching to see how well you are all doing.
Wishing you the best of luck xx

I'm struggling to get back on plan now my sickness has gone (hooray!) but part of me is struggling with the fact that I will be putting on the 1st 9lbs that has taken me a year to lose. Feel like I'm going backwards.

Anyone else struggling? I know the plan is about being healthy and hopefully if I get back on track it will make it easier for the weight to drop off after the baby. I'm just trying to get my head around the fact I won't be at target any time soon. It hits more at the group when everyone is celebrating losses and all I can hope for is to maintain for as long as possble before the baby weight creeps on.

Feeling a bit sad at the moment but trying not to veer off in to fast food terrority as I know I'll feel worse!

Hope those of you in early stages are feeling well? I coped by eating little and often, and drinking very cold water. I also found that eating cereal or bread products helped fill me up without making me feel too sick. I don't miss that stage!

Hey JosieDelonge, Im sorry to read that you are feeling low at the moment Hun.
Im suffering with heartburn already and only 4-5 weeks!! I suffered with my Daughter all the way through my pregnancy, so heaven help me!!! Lol.
I think you have to prepare yourself for the fact that as things prgress you are going to loose weight, but its all baby and will go as soon as your little one is born. As long as you are eating healthily and making sure that you are resting when you can, things will be fine.
So far I have managed to avoid eating the rubbish that I did when I was pregnant with my Daughter and I know how hard it is at the end of the day to have to think about preparing another meal when its easier to grab the phone and order a take-away. I would suggest eating more stodgy foods to take that feeling away, things like pasta and potato dishes.
I hope everyone is doing well?!

My first appointment with the MW is on my wedding anniversary!

Hey JosieDelonge, Im sorry to read that you are feeling low at the moment Hun.
Im suffering with heartburn already and only 4-5 weeks!! I suffered with my Daughter all the way through my pregnancy, so heaven help me!!! Lol.
I think you have to prepare yourself for the fact that as things prgress you are going to loose weight, but its all baby and will go as soon as your little one is born. As long as you are eating healthily and making sure that you are resting when you can, things will be fine.
So far I have managed to avoid eating the rubbish that I did when I was pregnant with my Daughter and I know how hard it is at the end of the day to have to think about preparing another meal when its easier to grab the phone and order a take-away. I would suggest eating more stodgy foods to take that feeling away, things like pasta and potato dishes.
I hope everyone is doing well?!

My first appointment with the MW is on my wedding anniversary!

Thanks, and congratulations!

I have my 16 week appointment next Tuesday and my appointment for my 20 week scan came in the post yesterday for 8th November, so all booked!

I know I need to just try and eat healthy and think of baby's health as well as mine. I need to go through some cookbooks and look for new things to try.

At least with coming in to the rubbish weather I can make some soups and stews. They're always easy to eat little and often, followed by a nice gaviscon for pudding!

:)

Hi everyone, just a quick update, I'm 22+1 today. Have had my second scan a coupld of weeks ago and saw the midwife this morning and heard the little ones (we're team yellow by the way) heart beat so all's well.
I've put 9lbs on so far, anyone any ideas if this is good or bad. Really trying to eat healthly but those little treats keep sneaking in!! Anyway just wanted to know peoples thoughts on whether I'm on track to not being a heffer or whether this is exessive for the stage I'm at.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and all the bumps are coming on nicely. Aren't we amazing growing lots of little people!! xx

brushing my teeth makes me feel nausea, yuk!
I am eager at the post box waiting for my 12week scan, it will be such an amazing experience!

Hiya,

I don't know what the rate of weight gain is supposed to be during pregnancy. It's different for everyone, I don't think there's a vague plan to follow?

I know you can put on between 2 and 4st though, it all depends on your body, what you put in to it and so on. You might weigh from as baby has excess fluid to float in. You might suffer water retention and puffyness. Who knows?!

The plan works and it'll all come off again afterwards. We just need to try to stick on plan on the journey so it's a bit easier on the other side!

Hello all :wave:

I'm fairly new to the site and been doing SW for 2m.
Lost nearly a stone and then just found out zim pregnant with our second baby.
First ones 10m old and we planned this one. I'm around 5w, early days.

I'm off plan atm, I have a few Qs about fat free / sugar free / low cal sprays.
Are they safe to eat while pregnant? Are we supposed to avoid artificial sweetners?

Hope you are all doing well.

Why would low cal sprays be a problem? You're making me worry a bit!!

Same q for artificial sweetners - surely they are in muller lights and diet coke?

Sorry for panic - got my stresshead on a bit as I'm only 7 (or 11 depending on how much of a doofus I really am) weeks pregnant and my sis had a mmc this year. I'm really trying to do everything right!

Back