Pregnancy and Slimming World

My midwife won't sign my form!

I asked my midwife to sign my form so I could continue at group but she wouldn't do it as she says she doesn't agree with dieting during pregnancy. I had lost some weight before I found out I was pregnant and I was still overweight so it wasn't as though I was too skinny already or anything! I am 20 weeks now and I have already gained 2 stone and am starting to panic now! I have decided today to try and follow the plan loosely at home myself as I can't go to group without the form - just to minimise any further weight gain. As we all know SW is very healthy so I know no harm will come to the baby. I still have all my group books etc but I normally rely very heavily on lifeline online to look up syns so can anyone tell me the password? You can message my privately I think if you'd rather not post it for all to see!

I asked my midwife to sign my form so I could continue at group but she wouldn't do it as she says she doesn't agree with dieting during pregnancy. I had lost some weight before I found out I was pregnant and I was still overweight so it wasn't as though I was too skinny already or anything! I am 20 weeks now and I have already gained 2 stone and am starting to panic now! I have decided today to try and follow the plan loosely at home myself as I can't go to group without the form - just to minimise any further weight gain. As we all know SW is very healthy so I know no harm will come to the baby. I still have all my group books etc but I normally rely very heavily on lifeline online to look up syns so can anyone tell me the password? You can message my privately I think if you'd rather not post it for all to see!

Hi i'm 20 weeks as well, iv been following SW since May last year i dont go to group at all and have done it all through using this site. i lost nearly 3 stone, had a bit of an up and down year this year but still use the cooking methods and recipes in my everyday eating. my midwife thinks its great i'm following SW as its a healthy way of eating and great for me and baby.
I havent been sticking exactly to plan but i'm trying to get back on it i'v put on around 10lb which my midwife reassured me the other day was about right .
she did say it would be possible if i am sensible i could end up around the same weight as i was before pregnancy but not to worry too much.
everyone on here is really helpful and if i'm stuck or need syn values or healthy eatra advice, there is normally a post or someone around to help on here.
if it wasnt for this site i dont think i would of got as far as i did.
sorry for going on a bit, hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy.

Hi All,

Congrats to everyone that is expecting! Hope you are feeling well & not too exhausted!

I have been off the SW wagon for far too long. I had high hopes of sticking to plan, losing weight and feeling (and looking) fabulous after I had given birth. Well... fast forward 32 weeks and I have gained over 2 stone, have gone up a dress size (at least) and feel like a big frump. So from Monday I am back on the plan. So pleased this thread is here!!

I've been going mad for bread and all things carby for most of the pregnancy - including 'proper' chips. :( Today I went to the shops and stocked up on SW goodies and want to at least try and get a couple lbs off or maintain. Here's to a healthy few weeks :)

So day 1 back on the wagon! It must be entirely psychological, but I am really hungry today!! My tummy has been rumbling since 6.30am. Have eaten a banana and off to make a 'proper' breakfast now of eggs on HEB toast.

Weighed in this morning and have gained 2 stone so far since becoming pregnant (eeek) hoping to minimise that now though. I seem to be going up a lb a day at the moment!

Does anyone suffer with constipation, it is hell and feel so bloaty!

I've not so far with this one (touch wood) but might be worth upping your fibre intake. Make sure you make full use of your HEB options and lots of fruit. Pears can be good for that!

Hi guys - I'm failing miserably at trying to follow SW to the letter. Not stuffing my face exactly but not making the best choices either. My 2 yr old was out with his aunt and uncle yesterday so I suggested going out for tea with my OH and rather than picking a SW friendly carvery we went to fatty old pizza hut. I REALLY enjoyed it but do feel a little guilty now. I just feel that eating is the only thing I can go out and enjoy now which I did before I found out I was pregnant!!! Does that sound like I'm making excuses!?!

Hi Browsie,

Don't beat yourself up! How far along are you? I have only just managed to get back on track (day 1!) at 32 weeks, I have been waaaaay off plan for the last 7 months.

It can be hard sticking to the plan when so many people around us are saying we shouldn't be worrying about losing weight when pregnant etc.

However, I really wish I had kept on the plan better as I have gained lots of weight that isn't baby related. How about trying to have at least 1 or 2 meals that are SW each day? Or.. make full use of your 15 syns each day so that you can still have treats. The most important thing is not to worry, I keep telling myself I have lost the weight before and it WILL come off again, try and be as healthy as poss, but if you really want something - don't feel guilty if you have it.

Hi Couteaux thanks for the support.

I'm 18 wks on Wed. I'm trying to stick to the red or green day principles. I've not really been couting my syns, I know I've been having more than I should but I've been using them on things like tinned soup rather than home made SW soup and I've been trying to nibble on dried fruit rather than crisps. I start off being really good in the mornings and it goes to pot around lunch time!!
I'm just very aware that I put about 3 1/2 stone on with my last one and i was still 1/2 stone heavier to start off with with this one. I was really unhappy with the amount of weight I'd put on last time so am trying to limit the damage this time.

Good luck with sticking to the plan hun. x

Hi Honey, really missed you!! I hope everything's going great with the bun in the oven!! Sounds like you're doing fab!! XXXXXX

Hi Browsie,

It sounds like you are actually doing really well at the mo! You are making healthy choices and still keeping an eye on what you are eating. Are you over the sickness and feeling tired now?

I found my second pregnancy and this, my third much more exhausting and it took a while before I felt like I could actually think about food properly and have the energy to cook good stuff.

Tinned soup is a much better use of syns than some of the things I ended up eating. You could add some beans/pulses to it to make it more of a substantial meal and perhaps hunt out some that count as a healthy extra? Again, using dried fruits is a great health food, perhaps try and add a few fresh pieces too so that you get a good mix.

Good that you are trying to stick to the plan as much as you can, but it is harder in the early days, so how about trying to make some SW friendly meals for your freezer on those days that you have more energy and inclination to cook good things?

Good luck with it, I think you are doing really well :)

Thanks hun, it's nice to get some positive feedback when you just think your swimming against a stong tide! I was lucky enough not to suffer from any sickness, I'm over the tired stage and the feeling so hungery I could eat you bit so hopefully it'll start being easier to stick to plan now. xx

I have just been sick yesterday night, it is disgusting. How do you deal with bloody nausa - my God food makes me feel sick! i can still eat but before i was always thinking about food and getting excited about it!

ilovelife - Sorry to hear that :( I was lucky that I wasn't physically sick this time around, but had horrible nausea for weeks. That is pretty much the time I turned to bread, toast and all things non SW.

However, there are ways to combat it in a non crazy food way ;o) Do you like ginger? Might be worth trying some ginger and lemon herbal tea. That can help with the sickness. Some people also use the wrist bands you can buy for sickness - worth checking with your Dr though as I've just heard them mentioned by some people.

It can help to have a little snack if you start to feel queasy, perhaps some dry crackers like ryvita, or if you really don't like them or fancy them, allocate some of your syns for times when you need something quickly to beat the sickness.

Hope it passes quickly!

Browsie - Keep at it!! You'll be so so pleased you did. I really wish I had stuck on plan or at least got back on track earlier, just glad I am refocussed at last now to try and minimise any damage.

Thought I'd post here too got my raspberry leaf capsules half price in holland & barrett. Just in case anyone wants to buy it now.

i've given up now! although i haven't been off plan i haven't been on it either. I gained more when I was trying to be good then when I wasn't.

Looking at about 4stone gain and counting at the moment although a lot ofpeople keep telling me 1stone of that will be baby and another stone should come off quickly just by breastfeeding. Have got the davina mccall pre/postnatal workout that i was hoping to use now but my feet are so swollen i cant do anything like that at the moment but am gonna start that as soon as I get the all clear as well as rejoin my group

I am starting to struggle - I am eating fine and SW during the day it is at night when i can not eat anything but maybe x2 bread as I am violently sick! i am going to need continous supply of bletch. i just hope i wont be worse with the sickness :(

Hello ladies

Have been watching this thread with interest for the past few weeks as I am pregnant but was apprehensive about joining before our 12 week scan because last year we experienced an mmc with our first pregnancy which wasn’t picked up till our first scan at 13 weeks :(

Anyway we had our 12 week scan last Friday and all was well so I was wondering if I could join you?

I am 36, married and am currently 12w 4d :)

I had been doing SW at home prior to getting pregnant and had managed to lose about a stone. Since getting my BFP I have lost another 4.4kgs due to morning sickness and general lack of appetite – I’ve been eating smaller things as and when I can and really haven’t stuck to plan at all. The ms is starting to ease a bit now and so I am hoping I can try and get back on track – am not going to be super strict with myself if I want something that is out of plan then I am not going to deny myself but am going to try and adopt the general rules of SW and see how I get on.

Am also hoping to start going to Aqua-natal classes and start swimming again to try and keep active as much as possible.

Hope you are all doing ok :hugs:

mummymoo - Hope you are ok! You need to just look after yourself and do whatever feels right for you and baby. Take care of yourself :)

Ilovelife - Sorry to hear that. It feels likes miles off, but sickness normally starts to go at around 12 weeks. Just It's an awful feeling and hope it passes for you soon.

SmileyShazza - Hello!! :D Congrats on your pregnancy! It sounds like you are doing really well. I totally agree with your way of thinking. If you really want something, do have it! I went too far the other way for a while, but luckily am back on track now. Now intending to use my full 15 syns a day for those treats I really want, but after 7 months of having whatever I wanted, nothing really appealing at the moment (not sure how long that will last tho!)

I wish I'd got on track sooner and think you're doing really well sticking to the plan where you can. :D

Keep us up to date with how you're getting on x

Experiencing my first 'wibble' of the week. I've been doing fine, 100% on plan and suddenly just feeling very hungry. Have been trying to have SW super free options, but really want cereal! Just made some porridge which is over my HE's for the day and most probably 10-12 syns worth, but I've made it with skimmed milk in a bid to keep it lower.

So silly & such a minor thing compared to the (very) high syn stuff I've eaten lately, but annoying as I have been so focussed so far this week.

Ho hum! Doing much better than I was. :)

Back