Pregnancy and Slimming World

She's beautiful laura congratulations! Xx

Thank you. Labour super quick once dilating.

Got there at 1am and pottered around (wasn't in bad pain but anxious to get molly at her grandparents and at hospital without giving birth in the car cause when I need to push baby is coming....molly was 6 pushes). They checked me at 3am and I was 3cm by 5.15 as I needed gas and air....waters broke at 5.50am ish and was telling them I needed to push pretty much within 5 minutes midwife trying to get me to stop pushing as she wasn't ready....easier said than done lol 3 pushes and she was here :)

Thank you. Labour super quick once dilating.

Got there at 1am and pottered around (wasn't in bad pain but anxious to get molly at her grandparents and at hospital without giving birth in the car cause when I need to push baby is coming....molly was 6 pushes). They checked me at 3am and I was 3cm by 5.15 as I needed gas and air....waters broke at 5.50am ish and was telling them I needed to push pretty much within 5 minutes midwife trying to get me to stop pushing as she wasn't ready....easier said than done lol 3 pushes and she was here :)

Wow that was quick, must be all those contractions that you got before that sped everything up xxx

Congratulations Laura, she's beautiful!

Girls, quick q, how has your weight gain been in pg, how much did you put on a month in the first 6 months.

Girls, quick q, how has your weight gain been in pg, how much did you put on a month in the first 6 months.

Hi!

I'm currently 30 weeks & have gained 2st so far. I'm really hoping not to gain a lot more but will gain at least another 1/2st before the end I'm sure
I'm feeling like a whale already...not a lot fits me either, well not suitable for this weather anyway! x

Not a lot to be honest as I'm only counting above my pre preg weight. I always have hypermeisis so was being violently ill 24/7 which meant my weight dropped rather quickly. As soon as I was able to eat it piled back on though and got back to my original weight. Last time I weighed I'd only put on 2.5lbs at 5 months pregnant. I've been a greedy gorb lately though so I'd say it's probably 5lbs by now. I must check in morning.

My weight gain always comes after my section though as I don't recover quickly so usually spend 6 months under doctors care before being allowed to do normal things like light exercise. Other people bring food which is usually naughty as they feel bad for me. I've asked my partner to supply me with healthy wheat free food this time and not bars of chocolate.

I lost weight at the beginning but it started going wrong in the second trimester. At 39+4 i have gained nearly 2.5st from my pre pregnancy weight and nearly 3.5st from my lowest pregnancy weight! x

Wow looks like i'm at the top of the due list now but no sign of baby not even a niggle so i think she will be a late one. I probably dont help either as i have virtually stopped walking because its too hot to walk and last time it was the walking that helped me i think. Never mind i will be counting my 2 weeks after tuesday so i'm sure she will get here before i get anywhere induction x
My hubby has atlast brought a lawnmower but even the lawn mower is struggling against the mad grass so he has only managed half the garden. Plus the kitchen window was open so my hayfever is back and i have big massive red spots all over my body!:mad:

Wow looks like i'm at the top of the due list now but no sign of baby not even a niggle so i think she will be a late one. I probably dont help either as i have virtually stopped walking because its too hot to walk and last time it was the walking that helped me i think. Never mind i will be counting my 2 weeks after tuesday so i'm sure she will get here before i get anywhere induction x
My hubby has atlast brought a lawnmower but even the lawn mower is struggling against the mad grass so he has only managed half the garden. Plus the kitchen window was open so my hayfever is back and i have big massive red spots all over my body!:mad:

Eeeeek top of the list, hope baby girl doesn't make you wait till you have to be induced I hated being induced would of rather gone into labour myself naturally but hey HO! Exercise whether it be walking to the back of your garden or round the block is so tough when you heavily pregnant plus it's way too hot!! Just try to relax as much as you black currant tea is supposed to be great not raspberry backcourt ant a couple if cups a day! My friends a herbalist she tells everyone so I know it works a few people I know tried it and the baby came within days, no idea how it works! Anyway I'm joining SW on Monday it's been 3weeks since I gave birth I'm so miserable at this weight so I'm off I've spoke to my health visitor and she said its fine as SW is focusing in healthy eating so I'm but starving myself or doing any food replacements diets so all is good!

Anyway hope your bit suffering too much, I still have very swollen ankles and legs still carrying alot of water :( which is painful at times I drink at least 2 litres of water a day and walk around now so not sure why I'm still holding it Ive just stopped expressing breast milk 2 days ago so that may have something to do with it, not sure!

Have you tried bouncing on one of those yoga balls?

With regards to weight I put on about 6lbs during 1st trimester. Then 2nd tri is so hard for me as I am fine during the day i am fine foodwise and then boom at night I am ravishing :( I have put on so far 1st and 3lbs st 24wks!

Eeeeek top of the list, hope baby girl doesn't make you wait till you have to be induced I hated being induced would of rather gone into labour myself naturally but hey HO! Exercise whether it be walking to the back of your garden or round the block is so tough when you heavily pregnant plus it's way too hot!! Just try to relax as much as you black currant tea is supposed to be great not raspberry backcourt ant a couple if cups a day! My friends a herbalist she tells everyone so I know it works a few people I know tried it and the baby came within days, no idea how it works! Anyway I'm joining SW on Monday it's been 3weeks since I gave birth I'm so miserable at this weight so I'm off I've spoke to my health visitor and she said its fine as SW is focusing in healthy eating so I'm but starving myself or doing any food replacements diets so all is good!

Anyway hope your bit suffering too much, I still have very swollen ankles and legs still carrying alot of water :( which is painful at times I drink at least 2 litres of water a day and walk around now so not sure why I'm still holding it Ive just stopped expressing breast milk 2 days ago so that may have something to do with it, not sure!
Changed all the bedcovers and duvets yesterday so been washing all day and have the ironing to look forward to tomorrow. Just going outside to put washing out was a task in itself today lol. I have heard being induced isnt very nice so hoping it doesnt get to that point, with my second daughter i had her on my induction day! I am already having raspberry leaf tea which definately speeds up second stage of labour so will pop out and buy some blackcurrant tea to try and bring on labour tomorrow x
Good idea on joining sw especially if your unhappy it really is the best diet to do after having baby as your body will need all the nutrients it can get to heal and replace everything you have lost in pregnancy. I did a vlcd 11 weeks after having my son and lasted 2 months on it but ended up with massive hairloss and even with the mulitvits i getting all types of pains in my body so wont be doing that this time round as my hair looked really bad and i looked bad overall. Also looking back after the first 2 weeks i was getting the same exact losses i got on sw so will have to knuckle down as soon as i can back onto sw after baby this time and not leave it too long like last time.
The water retention could be to do with the heat, or heat and pregnancy. Plus if your still bleeding it could be that too adding to the water retention. If the water retention doesnt ease by your 6 week checkup mention it to your gp xxx

Have you tried bouncing on one of those yoga balls?

With regards to weight I put on about 6lbs during 1st trimester. Then 2nd tri is so hard for me as I am fine during the day i am fine foodwise and then boom at night I am ravishing :( I have put on so far 1st and 3lbs st 24wks!
Not tried bouncing on the ball as i thought i might get away with walking but as i've never had a summer baby i didnt realise the heat would affect me like this so might have to consider getting a ball if there is no action from baby after my midwife appointment on thursday x
Hows pregnancy going for you in this heatwave x

Not tried bouncing on the ball as i thought i might get away with walking but as i've never had a summer baby i didnt realise the heat would affect me like this so might have to consider getting a ball if there is no action from baby after my midwife appointment on thursday x

I bounced and rocked for 1.5 hours Wednesday night and went into labour the following day....could be coincidence but worth a try.

When are u due? X

The heat is dreadful and like you trying to avoid it but did go out yesterday and oh my word it is a killer. It does not help now that hardly have any clothes that fit and feel so hugeeeeeee!!!!!
And now he is a piccie of Charles all glitz up with glitter body paint and screaming into the fan (which I taught him, might regret that one). Oh, and can you tell he is a climber ;)

Attachments

• 1373887182522.jpg
    1373887182522.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 81
Had my booking in appointment with the midwife this morning and she's really nice, much nicer than the one I had with jack was. Got my 12 week NT scan booked for 6th august and next appointment with midwife is meant to be at 16 weeks but im on honeymoon then so having to wait until im 18+5 which is the next available appointment after we get back. Then it won't be long until the 20 week scan! Yay! Lots to look forward to! Xx

Hello ladies - its been quite a while since I posted. I've been blooming away, not necessarily following the plan (hangs head in shame!) I'm 23 weeks now and my twin bump is already looking 7months +; having trouble bending down to fasten shoes and have ankles Dumbo would be proud of!!! All of which has spurred me to come back on the plan as of this morning.
I've got another scan on Friday, so looking forward to seeing these two little wrigglers again - still not finding out the sex!!

How's everyone else doing?

Rach

Hi Girls

So pleased to announce that our second little girl made her grand entrance this morning....

Rosie Jayne Burgess born at 41weeks 5 days on the 12th July 2013 @ 6am weighing in at a healthy 8lbs 13ozs!

So happy she's finally arrived :)

Congratulations - she's beautiful!!! Lovely news to come back to on my first visit back to minimins in a while. Well done - sounds like a swift but good labour.

Back