Pregnancy and Slimming World

My tips would be not to stress about/focus on getting preggers whenever you get jiggy! Keep the focus on fun and boinking ;) Don't just do it round when you think you're ovulating, do it all month every 2-3 days. You often don't ovulate when you *should* so regular sessions will keep you in prime position.
Agree with Fern about a pillow under your hips and a good lie down after too :)

I would also say not stress, my 2010 diary is a very anal log of when we had sex, ovulated, period length, mucus, cervix position.

We fell pregnant the same time I said to my husband "This isn't working, been over a year and nothing. Maybe we should take a break for a while from this, we obviously require more intevention that just lots of sex"

He said to try and relax. I was wired tight.

Then one morning I got up and couldnt even make my coffee it was making me feel sick just looking at it, and I like my coffee. I love it. I have an expresso machine and milk foamer.

So did a test and it was there.

I honestly think we conceived the night we were watching TV and had a wee go on the couch.

I know though the advice of "relax" is a hard one to take in when its something you want so much.

My doctor also told me to just keep trying and try to lose weight to help my PCOS and a healthy weight leads to less complications in pregnancy.

So just keep doing what you're doing. Remember your folic acid!

WOW! .. we'v got a holiday to cyprus booked for may.. il be 26weeks then. I was so determined to wear a bikini for the first time ever, after all my hard work. Now im gunna be frickin preggo! LOL x

I'd wear what I'd like. You're pregnant and on holiday. Do what you want. And remember to take pictures because you'll look back at them and think "I was beautiful".

I'm not expressing this very well due to baby brain. Sorry. But enjoy!

Sorry to hijack but just wanted to say thanks for the advice about TTC. We've been trying for 3 months and I was really disappointed that we didn't get the Christmas present we really wanted. And I know I'm starting to get stressed out about it so this month I am going to chill- it will happen when it happens! x

Just to say too, turns out that I have a retroverted or "tipped uterus" which means that my uterus points back instead of up. 20% of women have a tipped uterus.

Turns out best position for retroverted uterus to help conceive is "behind" iykwim.

So dont think its all legs in the air from here on in ;)

hi girls :)

i am 17 weeks pregnant with a little blue bump and with the support of my midwife i am joining slimming world next week, i am very excited! i dont expect to loose any weight although it would be safe to do so, i just want to limit my weight gain throughout this pregnancy :)

xxx

Congratulations Stacey! Wishing you the very best of luck with your pregnancy and with SW! Is this your first baby? Sooooo exciting!!!

Had a scan appointment today and a consultation and I'm so happy to report that the little one is doing so well! At my consultation, the Dr measured my BP, belly and all and I'm measuring 32inches which is right on track. BP and urine (TMI lol!) are normal and she said my skin was lovely! Awwww :D
At the scan, they measured the baby's growth and she's within the normal range. Her legs are in the 75th percentile so she's got longer than average legs (oooh modelling career in future??) and she has a little fat tummy LOL!! The sonographer said she had a full belly and bladder and was measuring just over average. So now because she has long legs and a chubby belly, DH says she looks exactly the same as I do now lol. We also did a 3D scan and she looks really sturdy and strong! I feel so happy and proud that my little girl is thriving and growing so well!

DH and I are off to NYC tomorrow for new years which I'm really looking forward to. Dr gave me the go ahead to travel since I've had such an uncomplicated pregnancy and wrote a letter just in case the airport/airline staff give me a hard time, saying I'm fit and well to travel. Also DH got us upper class seats because he wants me to be comfortable during the flight :D :D :D He's so sweet!

So yeah, at this point I'm over the moon and just so happy about everything. Also got some delicious body shop body butters in the sale so I'm even happier! LOL!!

Aw Honey that's lovely news! Both baby and your trip. Have a lovely time :D

Hi ladies,

Can I ask a quick question. I'm assuming the midwife has to sign a form for you to join sw whilst preggers is that right? Just wondering if you go on the first night do they take money and give you books or do you have to get the form signed first before they let you join?
I'm 25 weeks and am really keen to join sw but not sure if i need to pick up a form first? T

Thanks ladies

Best thing to do would be phone/email your consultant - details on the SW website for your area and see what she says.

Good luck :D

Hello ladies!

I'm trying to stick to SW too whilst preggers I'm about 8 weeks, haven't had my booking yet.

I'm also a student midwife in my 2nd year! So this is kind of a big surprise.

Me and my little sister are doing it together so hopefully this should be good.

I'm trying to be meat free and I've given up chocolate, prior to this in an attempt to loose weight and stop binge eating. It's been fine just didn't loose any weight.

However I'm finding it difficult to go back to eating it but am really trying.

Anyways this should be fun!

Well hello to all you yummie mummies and mummies to be!

It's been a while since I popped by to update you on things so now is a good a time as any.

I'm now a mum of 7!! My baby girl was born on the 18th of December at 28 weeks and 2 days pregnant, 12 weeks early. She did well to hang on that far as things had been going very wrong since 23 weeks and I spent alot of time between then and her birth in hospital with constant bleeding and pain - I ended up having a complete placental abruption with a crash c section, very traumatic and desperate but thank god we had a good out come and Hana weighed in at a very healthy 3lb 3 and a half ounces - she's still in the hospital and will be for probably the next 6 weeks but she is doing amazingly well and getting stronger every day.

Weight wise I did really well during pregnancy and actually am 3 pounds lighter than the weight I was at the start of the pregnancy and still have managed to keep a weightloss of 5 stone 3 pounds. I intend to return to SW the first week after new year and get right back into my weightloss - no intentions of ruining all my hard work.

Right now I'm on an endless cycle of expressing milk and hospital visits but am just so greatful that Hana is doing as well as she is x

74685_187838377897771_100000148293205_759505_1187221_n.jpg

Oh what lovely news Alia, glad to hear both you and your wee one are doing well.

Sending you both good wishes Xx

Absoloutly beautiful baby :) she is just amazing. xxxx

- Oh my goodness. My boobs have doubled.. no lie. . and at a 34F already, this is not good news! they are SO painful! right up to my armpit, and my right (and only my right?? ) nipple is SO itchy!!! they feel so heavy and sore :( whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is this happening!!!! .. of course OH thinks its great. Bloody arse.

and i'd really like to eat some real food now please.

he'll think its great til he can't touch them because they're so sore!

I'm up to a G, and at a party last night my friend was like "Ooft".

Beleive me I know. I found wearing a non underwired bra to sleep in helpful. Mines are still sore but bearable now, they dont feel like they are on fire anymore. Just bruised feeling when I prod them.

It should get better Fern, worry not.

Alia said:
Well hello to all you yummie mummies and mummies to be!

It's been a while since I popped by to update you on things so now is a good a time as any.

I'm now a mum of 7!! My baby girl was born on the 18th of December at 28 weeks and 2 days pregnant, 12 weeks early. She did well to hang on that far as things had been going very wrong since 23 weeks and I spent alot of time between then and her birth in hospital with constant bleeding and pain - I ended up having a complete placental abruption with a crash c section, very traumatic and desperate but thank god we had a good out come and Hana weighed in at a very healthy 3lb 3 and a half ounces - she's still in the hospital and will be for probably the next 6 weeks but she is doing amazingly well and getting stronger every day.

Weight wise I did really well during pregnancy and actually am 3 pounds lighter than the weight I was at the start of the pregnancy and still have managed to keep a weightloss of 5 stone 3 pounds. I intend to return to SW the first week after new year and get right back into my weightloss - no intentions of ruining all my hard work.

Right now I'm on an endless cycle of expressing milk and hospital visits but am just so greatful that Hana is doing as well as she is x

MashaAllah, she is adorable! Congratulations and lots of love! Give her a tiny little kiss from me :) xxx

Congratulations Alia!

May Allah make it easy for you! Hana is a lovely name!

I've been with a lot of ladies who have had baby's up in SCBU, and every experience is different.

The staff in SCBU are always very lovely, no matter what unit I've visited.

I'm starting my placement up there this coming Monday.

28 weeker and placenta abruption couldn't have been easy. Well done again Alia!

And keep expressing! that breast milk is invaluable.

Also well done on maintaining your weight!

Aisha X

Hi all,
I'm very recently pregnant and was wondering if there are any foods I should completely avoid? Are prawns/cheese etc out of the question?
Anyone have any nice recipies for slightly nauseus woman :( ?

hey honey. Welcome and congrats. The only thing im finding right now is 3 small meals a day is all i can manage.Dry creamcrackers (like the jacobs ones) are good.. and so far eating a gingernut biscuit and getting up very very slowly has put the nausia off most of the day for the past 3 days.

I usually plan my meals for the whole week, but finding it impossible to think past one meal at the moment.

hope everyone else is ok! im booking my flujab for this week as im feeling much better and will have a midwife app. soon! xox

Back