Pregnancy and Slimming World

Feel like such a loser lol quite funny!

Went to sainsburys today as I still was not convinced I was preg even tho I been midwife... So I foolishly bought another clear blue

Just done it and shoking I'm still pregnant and it says 3+ weeks.....

Feel like that was my wake up call.... Yes leeanne u are and baby is growing!!!! This time next yr I could be cuddling my baby girl or boy who would be 4 months!!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Bloody hell, the vouchers from sure start that you can because you are benefits for being pregnant to help with the costs of milk, fruit and vitamins is a pain the a**e! I send the form of weeks ago and rang them up today to find out what is happening said they have a dealy because my doctor signed and dated wrongly on the form, like WTF? it takes you that long to sort out, things like this really do p**s me off big time!!!

Thank you ladies for all your posts.

I did two days of cr&p eating and felt awful. Ive told hubby im going back to eating normally (aka SW) if I've got to eat cr&p to gain weight then there is something wrong cos I can't see how that would help baby grow bigger?

So back on plan again from today and already starting to feel a bit better. I've not had any fruit yet but nor have I had anything 'bad' aka crisps, biscuits or cakes. I just feel full of stodge so hoping that will clear soon. I'm doing a massive fruit shop tomorrow

How are you all? X x

bunnylovesalan said:
Bloody hell, the vouchers from sure start that you can because you are benefits for being pregnant to help with the costs of milk, fruit and vitamins is a pain the a**e! I send the form of weeks ago and rang them up today to find out what is happening said they have a dealy because my doctor signed and dated wrongly on the form, like WTF? it takes you that long to sort out, things like this really do p**s me off big time!!!

Bunny sorry to hear you're having problems, I never realised there was such a palava to get the vouchers.

Hope you get it sorted soon

Baby getting really big and feels heavy now. I know they only about 3lbs ish, but feels very lumpy in there now.

Hungry but not hungry at the same time. Had porridge for lunch, a seeded pitta and a couple of table spoons of reduced fat hummus. Should really attempt a piece of fruit soon.

Going out for dinner tonight no idea where.

Got the 4d scan done, as mentioned a few days ago, sent link to mum. Brother has reported back she is not buying anything else, she's taken most of the stuff she did buy back, well at least tried to as she's had most of it for more than 28days meaning shops won't accept it. Hell mend her.

Worryingly she's also calling baby "My baby" as in 'her' baby. Bro has gently reminded her it's not her baby, its me and husbands baby, "Och I just call it that". So she showing people scan pics on her phone of "Her baby" and the 4D scan of "her baby". Getting worrying but I'm trying to relax about it and deal with the problems as they arising now. I seriously think she's mental.

Had to have a talk to her to tell her no, I won't be leaving the baby with her all weekend, no I won't be going back to work inside X months so she doesn't need a fully kitted nursery/spares of every pieces of baby equipment I have, but I know my mum, she's nodding and making the right noises but totally going to try and do her own thing anyway.

It's exhausting. I think I've had such an easy physical side of pregnancy to make up for all the grief I getting from well meaning but tiring nagging/baby stealing.

That said not really much I can do other than reinforce and chill out.

I'm so bored too. Utterly fed up.

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me posting.

We're just about ready to start TTC and
I was just wondering if anyone has managed to lose weight during their pregnancy whilst on SW, or effectively maintained or very quickly after delivering got back to pre-pregnancy weight? If your willing to share starting weights etc that would really help me.

I've lost 5 stone so far and am currently just under 12 stone, I know if I pile a lot of weight on during pregnancy it will affect a medical condition I have and also the drugs I can take, and so I'm trying to see whether I really need to lose weight first to make more room for a gain, or whether I'd be able to lose weight whilst pregnant.

Appreciate scales might go up, but maybe I'd end up less after delivering than pre pregnancy. Is this a crazy pipe dream?

I've been trying to lose as much as possible before starting to ttc, but would love to hear how people managed SW during their pregnancy

Been to the midwife this morning, she was kind of confused why the hospital had told me to keep the appointment since they had done all the booking already, but she was able to sign my exemption certificate since the hospital always insist they can't do it,no idea why. She's going to chase up the hospitals referral for slimming world vouchers, she agrees with the conclusion the guy at slimming world came to, my weight is so high because my food intake is way too low. Hopefully it won't take them too long to sort everything out because they are all quite insistent that I can't gain any weight at all during this pregnancy. I won't need another midwife appointment as the hospital does all my care. Next appointment is in 5 weeks time and have a date for my anomaly scan too. Hugs Crystal xx

Omg massive delivery from Next this morning with trousers for work!!!! narrowed it down to 2 types, 1 has a narrow jersey band all way round and the other is an over the bump kind. Did get some Jersey trousers that Lexi recommended( thanks hun) for me to wear now as not wearing skirts with buttons undone for work....way too uncomfy!! OMG they are amazing......they are over bump ones but the band does fold down (which i've done) and i feel like i'm wearing pj's AHHHHHHHHH lol they look smart enough for work , not bad for £18.00, now gonna see if i claim money back from work!!!!! Anyone else having problems with work uniforms???

Going docs tomorrow see if i can get anything for this horrendous wind and bloating i'm getting, windezz and deflatine do not work!!!! lol

xx

MaybeImAmazed said:
Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me posting.

We're just about ready to start TTC and
I was just wondering if anyone has managed to lose weight during their pregnancy whilst on SW, or effectively maintained or very quickly after delivering got back to pre-pregnancy weight? If your willing to share starting weights etc that would really help me.

I've lost 5 stone so far and am currently just under 12 stone, I know if I pile a lot of weight on during pregnancy it will affect a medical condition I have and also the drugs I can take, and so I'm trying to see whether I really need to lose weight first to make more room for a gain, or whether I'd be able to lose weight whilst pregnant.

Appreciate scales might go up, but maybe I'd end up less after delivering than pre pregnancy. Is this a crazy pipe dream?

I've been trying to lose as much as possible before starting to ttc, but would love to hear how people managed SW during their pregnancy

Hi Maybe,

I have been doing SW since I started my 2nd trimester.

My starting weight was 12st 2.5lb.and I'm 36 wks with a weight gain 9.5lb gain. My weight gain has been as follows

1 - 12wks = 6lb gained
13 - 28wks = 1.5lb gained
29 - 36wks = 2lb gain

I was classed over weight as my BMI was 25 yet to look at me you'd never say I was over weight.

Personally I would never plan to lose weight whilst pregnant but just aim to keep your weight gain to a sensible amount. As said this is only my personal opinion, I just think it adds further pressure if your focusing on losing weight.

Good luck and hope this helps x

Lexie_dog said:
Baby getting really big and feels heavy now. I know they only about 3lbs ish, but feels very lumpy in there now.

Hungry but not hungry at the same time. Had porridge for lunch, a seeded pitta and a couple of table spoons of reduced fat hummus. Should really attempt a piece of fruit soon.

Going out for dinner tonight no idea where.

Got the 4d scan done, as mentioned a few days ago, sent link to mum. Brother has reported back she is not buying anything else, she's taken most of the stuff she did buy back, well at least tried to as she's had most of it for more than 28days meaning shops won't accept it. Hell mend her.

Worryingly she's also calling baby "My baby" as in 'her' baby. Bro has gently reminded her it's not her baby, its me and husbands baby, "Och I just call it that". So she showing people scan pics on her phone of "Her baby" and the 4D scan of "her baby". Getting worrying but I'm trying to relax about it and deal with the problems as they arising now. I seriously think she's mental.

Had to have a talk to her to tell her no, I won't be leaving the baby with her all weekend, no I won't be going back to work inside X months so she doesn't need a fully kitted nursery/spares of every pieces of baby equipment I have, but I know my mum, she's nodding and making the right noises but totally going to try and do her own thing anyway.

It's exhausting. I think I've had such an easy physical side of pregnancy to make up for all the grief I getting from well meaning but tiring nagging/baby stealing.

That said not really much I can do other than reinforce and chill out.

I'm so bored too. Utterly fed up.

Aww Lexie I feel for you with your mum. I think you're doing great trying to not let your mum get to you.

I love being pregnant but.dealing with emotional issues is always the hardest part especially when.your so hormonal. I had a massive argument with hubby over him not liking a dinner I cooked. It was stupid but emotionally it felt awful lol

Chin up hun x

I ♥ Next they make awesome maternity jeans, we have a clearance centre so I have quite a few pairs, don't actually own any regular jeans or trousers all of mine are maternity ones because I cant do buttons due to some of the medical issues I have. Dorothy Perkins is good for maternity stuff too, and then Matalan, Peacocks and New Look have some nice bits and pieces but also some really awful stuff lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Hi girls, i'm freaking a little...can i ask a tmi question?

I just went to the loo & there was a bit of brown discharge in my knickers and when i wiped there was some on the tissue, is this normal? Did any of you get this at 8ish weeks? Again sorry for tmi!

I would go a n e or sumert losing anything from ur vagina isn't a good sign!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

grumbletumble said:
Hi girls, i'm freaking a little...can i ask a tmi question?

I just went to the loo & there was a bit of brown discharge in my knickers and when i wiped there was some on the tissue, is this normal? Did any of you get this at 8ish weeks? Again sorry for tmi!

Hiya grumble. If it is brown then usually there is no worry hun. The reason is that your show its old blood.

If it is bright pink and you're having stomach cramps then you need to worry.

I've had it 3times through out my pregnancy. Twice was caused having sex with hubby and he knocked on the door aka cervix too hard lol and recently I had it at 33wks which I think is where I am softening up.

If you're still worried call your maternity ward and someone there can give you some more advice.

Hope that is some help x

I did but I had severe bleeding with all of mine except this one, If your not having any pain I would wait and see if it happens again. Doctors aren't very helpful that early I am afraid they tend to just go with wait and see, if it happens more than once they will arrange a scan for you,usually with the urgent gynaecology clinic or early pregnancy centre if you have one nearby. ((hugs)) will be keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again for you. Hugs Crystal xx

Thanks cheeky, i think i just wanted some reassurance, i checked on the net and i think it can be normal if like you said it's old blood. Maybe it's just stretching and it's dislodged some old blood...urgggh all this talk isn't making my sickness any better!

Leanne- i think if it was red/pink i'd go to a&e, I don't really have any way of getting there, so for something that could be normal, i think i'll leave it :)

Thanks Crystal :) Crossed fingers! How horrible about your previous pregnancies, i hope all is well with this one x

grumbletumble said:
Thanks cheeky, i think i just wanted some reassurance, i checked on the net and i think it can be normal if like you said it's old blood. Maybe it's just stretching and it's dislodged some old blood...urgggh all this talk isn't making my sickness any better!

Leanne- i think if it was red/pink i'd go to a&e, I don't really have any way of getting there, so for something that could be normal, i think i'll leave it :)

You're welcome hun. It's horrible when these things happen and make you worry. Just take it easy for a while, don't lift anything heavy and just keep an eye on it.

I found all 3 times it lasted for a few hours and then it was gone.

It could be that a capileray ( sorry can't spell it right) that has broken within your cervix.

Oh the conversations we have lol x x

Back