Pregnancy and Slimming World

I just went to asda baby event
Got 12 tomee tippee bottles for £10
Tomee tippee micro steriliser for £15
Changing mat for £7
Huggies newborn set £3

Bargain!!!!

I have brought everything that I need so must learn to control myself and not buy any more as it will be a waste. Plus got bills to pay, yawn, what a fun way to spend money hey!!!

I was so anxious last night, I had a shower early in the evening and sorted out my lady garden which is more like an araboic session but never mind, the joysf pregnancy. Anyhoo, I got up about 4am to go toilet and wiped myself finding little bits of blood was
so worried. First my husband checked to see if it was a cut and there were slightly marking but rang up the labour ward who talked through some stuff like baby movement (which was fine). Definately was not the 'plug' as it was so tiny little spots so she said but a pad on and monitor the situation. If in the morning there was sigificant blood they told me to come to the ward otherwise probably down to slight cut that did it through shaving. But when checking this morning thank God there was no blood so come to the conclusion nothing to worry about as baby has been really active all day beating the crap out of me, hehe!!! But I swear to God I am not surprised at the end of pregnancy I won't have a nervous breakdown with all the treading on eggs shells!!!

Last edited:
Grumble have you applied for the maternity grant (I don't think you can sent it though till 28/29 wks) It is £500 to help with cost of getting all babies bits together. I would not worry too much, I didn't get most of the stuff until 31wks!

I have just made some HM bread today, just had a little slice and it is yummy. I have attached piccie to have a look :) Also, a couple of pic's of my cats testing out the playgym for the baby, hehe!

Last edited:
I'm not sure i'll get that grant as you have to be getting certain benefits- we only get housing benefit. I applied for employment & support allowance but i was turned down because i hadn't got enough N.I contributions & my other half works 25 hours a week. I will still apply (endish of september) I am so hoping we can get it, it would help us out so much you wouldn't believe! Otherwise we may have to rely on my mum & dad again! It's not a nice feeling having to rely on other people :(

Nom for homemade bread! I bed it's yummy! Is it brown bread? Oooo i could nom some right now :) Have a slice for me :)

Hehe our cat enjoyed testing out the playmat too... Making me discover whether it was washable or not. He also likes testing out the washing basket of freshly washed baby clothes (washed again today)... Cheeky monkey!

maternity grant.....that would be lovely :) pity i work n get sweet fa! looks like theres some good bargains to be had hurry up payday lol! homemade bread nommy better not make any cos ill eat it all spread with loads of jam haha! Defo not going SW 2m after what ive ate today....mcd' s breakfast n extra hash brown, packet chedders (crisp size bag), mars bar, muller yogurt, at family party had loads crisps, mini pasties, hamburger n sausages, cupcake n 3 pieces birthday cake.... the shame! need to stop eating crap got bikini to fit into in 13 days roflmao thank god for maternity tankini xxx

I'm not sure i'll get that grant as you have to be getting certain benefits- we only get housing benefit. I applied for employment & support allowance but i was turned down because i hadn't got enough N.I contributions & my other half works 25 hours a week. I will still apply (endish of september) I am so hoping we can get it, it would help us out so much you wouldn't believe! Otherwise we may have to rely on my mum & dad again! It's not a nice feeling having to rely on other people :(

Nom for homemade bread! I bed it's yummy! Is it brown bread? Oooo i could nom some right now :) Have a slice for me :)

Have you visited your local CAB, they be the best to advise you on your situation

You should try your local freecycle - I got a free bread maker and it is of high quality, along with other stuff as well. Also Netmums have a section where you can buy stuff or get some things free as well like mosses basket, bottles, steamer etc for nothing. I can image them being pretty new perfect as well. My SIL has pretty much untouched items when she had her children, still got the items but selling them in exchange for new ones for her new baby, which I think is total madness, but then again I am not really materlistic.

Recently been using my hands in the kitchen to make stuff, it stops me getting so depressed and frustrated with the lack of physical energy I have and hardly going out now as it so uncomftable. On Wednesday I am making caramal vanilla ice cream, oh how naughty!

Last edited:
I'm the same - been doing loads of baking. Had a slice of raspberry bakewell cake last night and got some lemon and poppyseed cupcakes to ice later - I'll take a pic if they look nice!!

Just wondering whether anyone has had any experience of hand pain? Mine started off with pins and needles and numbness in both hands in bed, but over the last couple of weeks I've been having a dull ache in all fingers and both wrists, pretty much all day and night. It feels like I imagine arthritis feels like. I've looked up carpal tunnel syndrome and I don't think it's that as it's affecting all fingers and carpal tunnel only affects some. All I can gather is it's probably water retention causing inflammation in my joints. Will ask my MW at my 37 week check up, luckily it's not stopping me doing anything (thank got I'm not at work typing!) just a pain in the arse!

Hope you're all doing ok x

My lemon and poppyseed cupcakes, have to say I'm pretty impressed with myself! Just hope they taste as good as they look

Attachments

• image-2824294852.jpg
    image-2824294852.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 82
wow, they look bloody gorgeous and how good are you at icing - you are so pro!!!

Have not experienced the pain and needle thing - if your worried speak to dr or nhs direct before midwife if there is a period of time before you see her!

Thanks! I'm well impressed, tried a new icing technique and it worked!
I'm not that worried at the mo, as its not stopping me doing anything... I've also found some exercises to do so going to see if that helps

wow sarah they look amazing......whats the new technique then? As for your hand pain it could be carpel tunnel pg ladies prone to it apparently! Talking of pain getting shooting pain bottom of back n bum left side! Back at physio so will see what this is.....im falling to bits.Hope doc gonna give me fit to fly note or else im buggered!!!lol xx

I can't imagine why you'd not be fit to fly because of it, should be fine. If it's any consolation my hip and pelvis pain has actually improved massively in the last week - not sure if it's because I've deliberately been taking it easy or what... Trouble is I've now got this stupid hand problem and terrible back pain to contend with. Oh well just keep telling myself... Only 5 weeks to go (and it can't come fast enough!)

Icing technique is to carefully pipe rings from the outside of the cake moving gradually closer to the middle - I usually try and do it continuously in a swirl. Got the recipe from the free good food cake app - definitely recommend if you've got an iPhone or iPod, I've made loads of recipes and they're all scrummy!

Oh, I shall have atry when I do the icing!!! I cannot wait until my Tesco order (I had £23 pounds of vouchers to be used) so I treated myself to some of the Twinnings swiss hot chocolate and also making tomorrow chocolate and pecan tart - you can see I am doing really well foodwise, but recently been craving sweet things!

Thanks for the icing tip, as for cake apps.......better not i've just been too bad so need to stay away from cake n chocolate for a while, will have to stick to muller lights n 1/2 syn roulade n eaton messes n jelly lol , suppose its not all bad Had Lancs hotpot for tea.....was worse thing i've ever made, something was missing i'm sure? Had left some at home to snack on after work.......the bin can have it lol i'll have beans on toast since i have a B choice left! oh n cheese as well ......happy days nom nom!

You're so good jojo - I have totally succumbed to eating whatever I fancy now!

Mmm bunny let me know what the twinings hot Choc is like, I keep fancying hot Choc but only got the cadburys one and it doesn't quite cut it...

Not looking forward to tonight - had the worst nights sleep last night, just couldn't get comfortable and my back has been causing me so much pain. Just hope I can have a decent nights sleep tonight - my friends taking me to the asda baby event in the morning!

The twinnings is lovely, I like to have a hot chocolate at night with CBB, but probably only have that one now and again as it is rich. I normally have oranges options, not quiote as nice but not so intense with the flavours. I had a s**t night sleep, my OH brought 4 cookies, 2 each and hot chocolate in a big friends style mug, OH my days I had such a sore belly and only recovered from it at 5am this morning. I knew I should not have had the hot chocolate and second cookie but I am easily swayed but not next time as I am not going to over induldge baby wants room and I don't want to feel crap all night, the ain outweighs the pleasure. I must learn to do things in moderation, lol!!! But it is so hard when OH wants to go shopping with me and says oh get some of these. SWe have arguements over it because he thinks I am a control freak but then I feel guilty and cave in. But then he says no then cause he feels guilty, lol. I am sneakily doing most of the shoping online and tell him when he is playing COD when he is relaxed ;) and allow certain money on the shopping for fresh fruit and veg and he can get naughty food and beer. I tell ya it ain't work with having someone who is structured and he is spontanious and hates list, grrrr!!! Still, we get by with comprimise :)

Have you visited your local CAB, they be the best to advise you on your situation

You should try your local freecycle - I got a free bread maker and it is of high quality, along with other stuff as well. Also Netmums have a section where you can buy stuff or get some things free as well like mosses basket, bottles, steamer etc for nothing. I can image them being pretty new perfect as well. My SIL has pretty much untouched items when she had her children, still got the items but selling them in exchange for new ones for her new baby, which I think is total madness, but then again I am not really materlistic.

Recently been using my hands in the kitchen to make stuff, it stops me getting so depressed and frustrated with the lack of physical energy I have and hardly going out now as it so uncomftable. On Wednesday I am making caramal vanilla ice cream, oh how naughty!

I had an appointment booked for today with CAB but they cancelled as they didn't have enough staff so got to book another in a bit :) Hopefully i'll get some help with what we're entitled to.

I think we'll get quite a few hand me downs from friends & family so hopefully we won't have to get too much! Might have a look on freecycle & netmums like you suggested, sounds good :) The friday ad is a good place to find bargains too :)

Back