Pregnancy and Slimming World

I only started after finding out I was pregnant on the consultants advice and referral, I have lost 17.5lb in total from my start weight, and had 2 gains of 1lb and 1 of 0.5lb all 3 of which were caused by fluid retention. Maybe worth asking your midwife about a referral you need her permission to do slimming world while pregnant anyway. Good luck with your pregnancy and maintaining or losing weight. Hugs Crystal xx

I am glad you can feel the baby, I have times like this and gives you a near heart attach. Just remember sometimes baby has lazy days or like me it aint got room to move if I have eaten to much, oops a daisies!

Hi everyone,
Oh think everyone goes through that feeling just when you get use to baby wriggles they stop! Its at what point you start to panic and call the midwife!

Hope you're feeling a lot better Bunny.
Just come back from a baby table top sale, for those who have not been to one, they are fantastic! I didn't need a lot of stuff but if you did you'd be in your element with all the bargains! I got a folding bath for when he's a bit older for £4.00, just looked on amazon and they are £24.00.Didn't need any clothes just bibs which I got 10 for a £1.00, also got a mobile for £5.00 which was brand new and a 3 in 1 thermometer for £2.00. BARGAINS!!!!!! lol. Was looking for babygates but that was about the only thing not being sold! Asda selling them for £15.00 each so might get them.

xxx

Hi,

Just to let you know that I saw a couple of bargains in the big Tesco Home shop near me yesterday, the Fisher Price Precious Planet baby gym was £14 instead of around £40-50 and they had a mirror toy for £1 and the curly toy which wraps around the car seat handle for about £3. The baby gym is definitely worth it but we already have one from our little girl.

I'm 22 weeks today and loving feeling my little man kick, he's kicking so hard my stomach move! I have another scan on Wednesday so we will see him again :D

Aww lovely bump pic Bunny, I feel like i've popped out some more today lol , tried on a maternity tankini last night which actually looked ok, probably cos it was black.....very slimming lmao! Will have to slap some fake tan on before i go away, normally use a sunbed for a couple wks before hand but obviously not allowed. Hope i don't burn, they also say your skin reacts differently to the sun and the creams so better not end up with prickly heat. If i do does anyone know if there is anything i can take for this? Oh sooooo excited about my holiday now!!!!!!

Jojo - to be honest if I were you I'd just make sure you slap on loads of really high factor in good quality, and stick to the shade where you can (I'm thinking beach umbrellas not staying indoors!!)
Better be safe than sorry. How exciting though!!

Had a bit of a scary day yesterday when baby didn't move much but I think it's because I was busier so didn't notice as much. So I'm going to do everything I can to get baby to move today for reassurance! Orange squash seems to be doing the trick this morning!
Got my 37 week antenatal appointment weds and I'd love her to say baby's head is engaged... But considering I still can't breathe properly I'm doubting it!!

12 days until my holiday and it cant come quick enough!!!! whoo hoooo!

altho at 17 +5 i dont have a bump but my belly is bigger :( so ill just eat all around me and enjoy myself, 1 week all inclusive in turkey! goodness knows when the next time ill get a holiday will be!!!!

I'm so jealous of all your holidays! We're contemplating what to do next year but I think we'll do a uk cottage holiday to be on the safe side rather than going abroad with a little one!

Having lots of braxton hicks today - sore cramps like mild period pain (or diarrhoea pain sorry tmi) along with the right side of my bump going rock hard which I've never noticed before... Very strange and not very comfortable with pains in my back too. Pleased though as hopefully means my body is getting ready!

Had a bargain off eBay - a Winnie the pooh bath box for just 99p plus p&p - it arrived today and it's lovely. I've never been an eBay fan but I think I'll look for all baby stuff on there now!!

I love ebay but only when ur stuff turns up lol ordered some lovely wall stickers for babys room that have gone walkabout! They sending out some more though . Hope the braxton hicks not too painful Sarah n hope heads down.
I got my glucose test 2m glad its early gonna be starving after! lol.
Watched a programme earlier about breastfeeding which was good, mad thing was my nips felt itchy after it when i checked they were both a bit leaky .... omg very odd lol, ive heard that if you hear a baby cry ur nips can react always thought that was load of rubbish! Not anymore, think id better pack some breast pads!
Sarah r u still going to physio? Im back on Wed, was feeling loads better till i went to work, its defo the crap chairs making it worse!

I managed to get a fisherprice rainforest deluxe play gym tonight too - £27 Inc p&p, they're £50+ in the shops so really pleased with that, just hope it's ok when it turns up.

No my physio was just a one off and to be honest I've learnt my limits now and my hips are fine as long as I don't walk too far! Sounds like your chairs in work are a right pain (literally), can't they get you a better one? Hope your physio can help.

Baby's movements has definitely slowed down last couple of days - he/she is still moving but not as frequently as before. Guess it's because there's a lot less room there now.
Bunny have you noticed the same?

Jojo - how freaky about the leakage when hearing the baby cry!

Just back from group and feeling a little disappointed. Had my maternity appointment today and our old consultant's scales are exactly 0.5lb different than the scales at the hospital. Went into group expecting to have maintained my weight only for the new consultants scales to say I had gained 2.5lb :( wouldn't mind the gain if I had actually enjoyed eating junk of some kind, but I have been really sick and can barely even swallow drink let alone enjoy food, *sigh* baby was doing good today though, she is most definately a girl and currently breech, measurements are good (well they are adjusted for scan date rather than my dates but that's normal for me, what isn't normal is the fact that her measurements are what they should be by the scan, the boys were small even accounting for the difference), dopplers are normal, have to increase the iron to 3 times a day instead of once. Hugs Crystal xx

Having lots of braxton hicks today - sore cramps like mild period pain (or diarrhoea pain sorry tmi) along with the right side of my bump going rock hard which I've never noticed before... Very strange and not very comfortable with pains in my back too. Pleased though as hopefully means my body is getting ready!

Had a bargain off eBay - a Winnie the pooh bath box for just 99p plus p&p - it arrived today and it's lovely. I've never been an eBay fan but I think I'll look for all baby stuff on there now!!

I have mild period cramps and back ache - asked the consultant if it was a result of a bladder infection and she said baby is preparing - if it is painful take paracemol otherwise you just have to deal with it, lol I have also been sick regular now - spewing twice tonight and my throat is killing now. I have also got insomina and when looking online this is common at the stage that I am at in my pregnancy, grrr!

OMG, ebay is amazing for baby buys and my friend gave me a winnie pooh wash bowl :)

I managed to get a fisherprice rainforest deluxe play gym tonight too - £27 Inc p&p, they're £50+ in the shops so really pleased with that, just hope it's ok when it turns up.

No my physio was just a one off and to be honest I've learnt my limits now and my hips are fine as long as I don't walk too far! Sounds like your chairs in work are a right pain (literally), can't they get you a better one? Hope your physio can help.

Baby's movements has definitely slowed down last couple of days - he/she is still moving but not as frequently as before. Guess it's because there's a lot less room there now.
Bunny have you noticed the same?

With movements, there are less around time I am eating, properly why I am sick often. But apprently, the MW today told me that baby has long legs so properly why feels so friging painful when he kicks me. I would not worry anyway as people are different, and it does say in the books at this stage the movements are going to be less strong and limited due to the space available. If your worried then I would follow the ten counts a day rule and if concerned always ring maternity ward, just to put your mind at rest!

Back