Pregnancy and Slimming World

I think I'm just being paranoid to be honest as it's not as much as I'm used to. I've got a kick counter on one of my iPod apps and baby did 10 kicks in 20mins so that was pretty reassuring!

Sickness sounds horrible, touch wood I haven't been sick in the entire pregnancy. Saying that I tend to not be sick when I'm ill anyway - it all goes the other end (sorry tmi) which is the same in pregnancy. Only time I've ever sick is when I've drunk too much (pre-pregnancy of course!!)

I'm quite pleased about the braxton hicks as I know it's my body getting ready. Now as long as the baby engages soon then all is good!!

Braxton hicks have started for me and am 23 weeks but mine are not painfull... Same as when I had Jacob it's just tight and discomfort.

Thought I would post a pic of what Jacob has been drawing :) Sunday he drew a tiger and today he has drew me with baby in my tummy!!!! He is gettin good :)

Tomorrow he starts his first day in reception!!!! :,(

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

Attachments

• image-635666058.jpg
    image-635666058.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 51
  • image-659171664.jpg
    image-659171664.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 55
Fatty_no_more said:
Hoping I can stick to it as so far had no sickness and am 6 weeks. I was hospitalized with sickness by 4 weeks with my son!

Anyone lost any weight whilst following sw? I am majorly obese and the midwifes had a go at me all through last pregnancy about being over weight. At least I can say I am doing something to limit amount put on.

Hello I followed SW whilst pregnant and I only gained 14lbs in total which I lost virtually straight after the birth of my DD back in June.

I found the plan really easy to follow whilst pregnant.

Good luck

Aww cute pics!
Time for a rant.....went for glucose test this morning at 830 id had no info about fasting so looked on line which said 8 hrs had tea n biscuits at 11 last night n that was it, when they asked me what time id last ate they wouldnt do it cos it had to be 12 hr! It was their policy , i asked them how they expected me to go without food for at least 14 hr....i was fuming! she also said did i think it was wise to be eating biscuits n so late....grrrrr i burst into angry tears n stormed out! Im not gonna have the test, gonna speak to my mw on thur.
Finding it really hard to shave my legs now as for tending the lady garden lol forget it! I have naired best i can but am now red raw!
xx

Jojo - that sounds like a right pain. Don't blame you for storming out when she had that attitude

I've been getting hubby to shave my legs lol. He quite enjoys it too! No chance of me trimming my bits either - but then again I'm not that bothered as I can't see how bad it is!!

Lovely pics Leanne

Had a very tiring day today - everything seems to be aching, my hips, hands, my bump. On the plus side baby has been a bit more active so that's given me peace of mind.
Ive got my 37week check up tomorrow and was really hoping baby's head would be engaged but I highly doubt it as my bump doesn't feel any lower and I'm still short of breath. Hey ho baby will move when he/she is ready!

Well I gained 3lb this week I guessed as much as the new crave is chocolate oops!! And I been so hungry!! So at 23 weeks I have gained 4lb!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3lb

My doctor refused to let me do slimming world. Said I should be concentrating on baby not loosing weight!!!

It's night like I am skinny my bmi is over 40 Ffs!!!!

Fatty_no_more said:
My doctor refused to let me do slimming world. Said I should be concentrating on baby not loosing weight!!!

It's night like I am skinny my bmi is over 40 Ffs!!!!

How can he refuse surely it should be about being healthy ??maybe ask your midwife for approval as she can approve it ?? Congratulations on baby number 2 x

Jojo don't blame you for walking out - you want to see want I munch on late at night - mind you was chicken and mango sauce but gone of sweet things, lol Anyhoos, you pregnant you eat what you (well within in the guidelines).

I am pleased you feel more reassured about the baby movements Sarah, we all go through the same feelings and thoughs, so your not alone :)

I will bet you anything that he doesn't know what slimming world is and assumes it's like weight watchers, like the receptionist at my doctors. You might not have been assigned a midwife yet because of being so early in your pregnancy but you can still get the number from the phone book (or maybe ring your gp and ask to speak to one depends how your area operates) they should be able to help you. If they can't/won't your best bet might be to go along to your local slimming world group, speak to the consultant and get a copy of the pregnancy leaflet or print this out and show it to them What to expect when you're expecting hugs Crystal xx

mrss2010 said:
ouchie ouchie ouchie, i think im having stretching pains today...so bloody sore!

Sounds horrible, stretching pains aren't nice at all.

Just back from my 37 week checkup. Baby's head isn't engaged yet, just hovering over my pelvis. But my blood pressure was a bit high and there was a trace of protein in my urine. So my midwife sent away my sample and she's coming over tomorrow to check again, I'll have to go to the hospital to see a consultant if it's the same. She said it's hopefully nothing and the protein could just be from discharge, but better be safe than sorry. So I will update tomorrow...

Sounds horrible, stretching pains aren't nice at all.

Just back from my 37 week checkup. Baby's head isn't engaged yet, just hovering over my pelvis. But my blood pressure was a bit high and there was a trace of protein in my urine. So my midwife sent away my sample and she's coming over tomorrow to check again, I'll have to go to the hospital to see a consultant if it's the same. She said it's hopefully nothing and the protein could just be from discharge, but better be safe than sorry. So I will update tomorrow...

fingers crossed thats all it is and u wont need to go to consultant! im jealous of u all who are hovering around the last few weeks, lucky duckies!!! 22 weeks to go for me! lol ;)

Thought I would share a photo of my little man ready for his first day at school which he liked and didn't even say bye to me :( lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3lb

Attachments

• image-2856594898.jpg
    image-2856594898.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 659
Sarah - fingers crossed for you, but if you did see the consultant there is a change you can get a scan (every silver lining)!

I had my bloods done today and felt poo whilst waiting - you name the pain - period-like cramps, streching, baby kicking in back, pelvis killing, haha nothing like a heavily pregnant women moaning ;)

Although, something cute went shopping at Asda yesterday with OH - OH now goes straight to the baby section before me, what is that about, lol but it is lovely as he is taking a great deal of interest and so luckily to have a caring husband. He even sees the sales for baby wipes and says got to get them and need a small bowl for using when not waiting to a full bath etc, etc :D

I am getting to the stage of being fed up with people going, 'not long now' - what I got 3wks and 2 days and that depends if baby wants to come out or it could be another fortnight!!!!

Again Leanne cute pic!
Sarah hope ur ok, did u find out what the pains in ur hands were?
Bunny how sweet ur hubby getting involved lol
Been physio again, left hip now in place yay ......right hip now twisted! grrrr, now being refered to podiatry as may be problems with how i stand? Clutching at straws springs to mind! Asked for support belt which they've given me so will see how i get on with that.....ppffff! Off sick from work , boss doesnt blame me , hes been really good actually n is pushing for another assessment, im thinking ill end up on gardening leave rather than sick as they've left it too late to put things in place! we shall see!
Word of warning..... do not use nair hair remover my bikini line red raw n blistered, have had to use my sample pot of sudocreme pmsl x

Hey girls.

Been feeling totally fed up since antenatal reading all I can about preeclampsia and induction etc etc. Don't know why really, at least I'm almost full term so it's the best time really for anything to happen. So had lots of cuddles when hubby got home and we had a Chinese... Which filled me up too much and I didn't really enjoy that much.

MW said my hand pain was carpal tunnel syndrome caused by swelling to my hands. Apparently physio can give you a wrist splint but I'm coping ok, a warm bath works wonders in relaxing my hands!

Jojo - sorry to hear about physio - you've been so unlucky with your hips, good luck getting garden leave - I'd definitely try and fight for it.

Bunny - your hubby sounds sweet. Sounds horrible all your aches and pains waiting for bloods. Im feeding fed up with it all now too, it's funny to feel like that as you get closer!! And yes very annoying when people feel the need to comment "not long now"

Well ladies I reweighed myself as hadn't been for number 2 in days and yesterday I kept goin sorry for tmi so afterall i only gained 2lb so that's 3lb in total by 23 weeks!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Back