Pregnancy and Slimming World

Fnm...... Im glad u went off sick, i know what u mean, i battled with guilt when i phoned in sick, i use to go in to let them see how bad i was n get sent home! In the end i went for reduced hrs n when i had pg assessment they said to come off nite shifts too.

Nervous about my scan tomorrow...... Just want to have it now. Also not on plan this week, I'm running out of Sw friendly food :(
Hope everyone is getting on okay :)

Fnm I'm sure your work wouldn't want you going in and being ill at work from exhaustion or anything, I hate being off sick too but try not to worry about it x

Ok i really need to rant,tell me to shut up or ignore me lol i just needed somewhere to vent
Im getting majorly stressed im 12 weeks tomorrow and still dont have a date for my scan, i contacted my midwife yesterday and she still hasnt got back to me, im really annoyed and anxious, i opted for the downs test and know if i dont have the scan before christmas it will be too late to carry one out
I assumed that once i had told my midwife about it she would make some calls and find the date for me, but iv heard nothing, i even looked for a phone number to call the hospital and couldnt find anything but the labour wards
Im trying to keep it together but i have a nagging feeling something is wrong but cant tell anyone about it coz they just shoot me down saying im being stupid, im starting to get irrational and thinking about dropping out of having healthcate altogether and just doin it alone, the baby will come at some point right, whether there are doctors there at all
The hospital i have booked into is only a year old, and im losing confidence in their ability to cope, why is life never simple?

Can you keep trying your midwife? Or make a doctors appointment maybe and demand you get a better way of getting in touch with your midwife? What about changing hospital if your losing confidence in them, is that a possibility? x

After crying like an idiot for 20 minutes I rang the central call centre at the hospital to get the number for ultrasound, finally got through and found it'd next Tuesday, but still feel right to be angry as the lady said it was only booked yesterday, which seems very late to me, feel a bit better now, but not happy about it being so close to Christmas, I'll either have good news to tell the family or I'm not gonna be very good company for the weekend
Either way sorry for my rant, hopefully I'll get a sneak peak at the hospital while I'm there, you know get accidentally lost and see whether I still want to go there xx

Don't apologise, were here to help. My midwife said the first scan is done between 12 and 15 weeks, so you'll still gets yours quite early but you'd have thought they'd have booked it in sooner. Most hospitals will let you have a look round the maternity wards, just ask them I'm sure they will be fine with it. Don't worry, I'm quite nervous about mine tomorrow and I hate no real reason to be but good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next week goes really quickly for you x

Good luck for tomorrow, how far are you?
I was told it had to be between 11 and 13+6 to have the downs syndrome test done
And fnm let us know if you find out gender x

I missed the downs test as when I went I was 14+4 so I missed the nuchal downs test. You can still have downs test done it's done in blood test form. But also do note that even if you are low risk and are 1 in 7500 risk or what ever you cam still have a downs baby but risk is low so don't stress n fret ur gonna make urself bad!!! :) chin up and look forward to your scan :) xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 36 weeks preg: 14s 6lb

I had this with my last pregnancy - total nhs chaos. I went to my midwife apt only for her to have a right moody go at me for not turning up to my ultrasound appointment. I am not some negligent Chav woman, I would love to have a scan but you need to write to me to tell me when it is!!!! I'm good but I'm not a bloody mind reader!!!!

Ah it'll be a nice surprise when baby is here, I'm not sure I'm that patient. Have fun, is it early in the day? x

oasis6918 said:
Ah it'll be a nice surprise when baby is here, I'm not sure I'm that patient. Have fun, is it early in the day? x

Yea 9.50 what time is yours?
We didn't find out with our son and it was nice for hubby to tell me (through choking from crying so much lol)
Xx

Yeah I'd love that I'd like to keep it a surprise but I'm not sure, my dating scan is at 9.20 luckily, if it was later in the day I wouldnt be able to concentrate at work :) you won't have to wait long either x

Dont think i could wait till the end plus good job i knew as when i was being induced and was being monitored the midwife said thats def a lil girl in there so surprise would have been ruined anyway, i like beong prepared so will find out with this one as well if all is ok
Good luck with your scans tomorrow ladies,are your partners going with you?

mummyClark said:
Dont think i could wait till the end plus good job i knew as when i was being induced and was being monitored the midwife said thats def a lil girl in there so surprise would have been ruined anyway, i like beong prepared so will find out with this one as well if all is ok
Good luck with your scans tomorrow ladies,are your partners going with you?

How could she tell it was a girl by monitoring?
Yep hubby coming he comes to them all I have loads cos am high risk. X

Back