Pregnancy and Slimming World

And hi cappricorn :) glad everything is still going well!! Didn't quite make out why u gotta go for another scan? Babys head or sum thin?

Ur pregnancy is zipping by!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 37 weeks preg: 14s 7lb

Hi Leeanne

Nope -bumpsydoodle is smack bang on as he should be so Im not entirely sure why I get to have another scan (but Im not complainin - I just get to see him again :p) - they are also planning on doing another one at about 32 weeks too :confused:

Im assuming it is beacause of my age, my BMI is 1 point higher than they like (after losing 11st before conceiving- 1 itty bitty BMI point isn't going to bother me :D) and also I have asked them about a C-section as I have a problem with my head that means pushing is likely to cause me problems -although at the moment Im just waiting for an appointment with an anesthetist to discus that option. I sound a wreck but Im actually skipping through pregnancy feeling like a million dollars -all my bloods, blood pressure etc come back fine every time... heck I had packed up and shifted over 100 boxes ready to move back home before I even new I was expecting and I have decorated right through our house over the last couple of months ready to move in so I can't complain :D
I really don't mind that Im under a consultant and I don't care how many appointments I get, I just figure they are doing what they think is best for me n baby -after 9 years of trying I will take all the extra care they want to throw at me... as long as he gets here safe n sound.

ooh and I will pick your brains if you don't mind.... where in gods name can you find a good range of boy clothes that haven't got ears, aren't primary colours etc??? I keep looking and I think Im going to struggle -I like fairly traditional things and want him to "look" like a baby -not with great big robots, cars on etc and not flaming jeans etc.... gawd I sound like an old fart :p....
I hope your little one stays comfy n cosy where he is for you until xmas is out the way

Have you tried next Capricorn? They do some nice colourful babygrows etc.

Also jojo maman bebe does lovely things, not cheap mind. And an online French co verbaudet (sp? You'll have to google) do some really nice bits and always have introductory offers

Depends really lol I think just shopping about. I saw today in my mothercare leaflet in the post they had a lovely woolen blue n White stripy dungeree romper suit. Try h+m or even next? Sometimes george in asda or tu in sainsburys or even tesco sometimes have nice stuff in. Even woolworths online.

Bmi is nothin to worry bout I'm obese lol but when I look at pics I wouldn't say obese it's just stupid government!!

You sound so happy :) they prob monitoring due to ur age n if u say u have a head problem they prob wanna check ur ok!

Ps share scan picci!!!!!! Xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 37 weeks preg: 14s 7lb

MY bmi is 37 but I'm only a size 16 so I don't feel huge, but I'm made to feel that way. Don't worry mummy Clark bmi can't mean much, I'm under the consultant because of my bmi so I just get more appointments x

oasis6918 said:
MY bmi is 37 but I'm only a size 16 so I don't feel huge, but I'm made to feel that way. Don't worry mummy Clark bmi can't mean much, I'm under the consultant because of my bmi so I just get more appointments x

I know sometimes it means nothing, I'm a size 14 top 16 bottom, been making mince pies so feeling better lol
Plus going shopping with my SIL tomorrow for her baby bits, she's due 3rd June but doesn't know I'm pregnant yet,
I don't think I'm consultant led yet but obviously that might change, although would be good as I don't like my midwife lol x

O and asda do some nice things for babies, so do h&m and sometimes you even spot a good find in primark, which is quite good for kids stuff if nothing else x

Hi girls, just on way out to have kids photographed in a giant inflatable snow globe, glad everyone's scans went ok. Capricorn try Marks and Spencers online http://www.marksandspencer.com/Baby...46366031&pf_rd_p=475115433&pf_rd_s=left-nav-2 they have some adorable boy stuff in our local store very pale blues and white they do fairly small sizes too. If it's anything like last year it will be stupidly cheap just after Christmas before the new range comes out lol. Will be back later to read properly. Hugs Crystal xx

Next appointment is in 2 weeks with midwife when I'll be 15 weeks, then need to make an appointment with a consultant at 18 weeks to discuss blood
Am trying not to let the weight thing bother me, my bmi is 29, but i got a bit worried when I got home as I was very reluctant to eat, I had PND with my first and I don't wanna get it pre birth this time, think I'm just gonna chill and watch some Christmas films x

Glad your scan went well :) Your BMI is 29 thats okay isnt it? My midwife said 30 and over is consultant led....i think its all crap really, mine is high but i dont care i just want the baby to be okay.

I was told i would be consultant led, but so far only had midwife appointments sent through one for 16 weeks and 20 weeks, so god knows when im meant to see a consultant! They also said from the booking appointment day onwards it didnt matter what our weight was..

My scan and blood test is on the 9th Jan, i just want it to be over with....need to know all is okay.

Did you have the combined scan/test mummyclark?

Last edited:
Dreading consultant appointment in morn, lost 3lb since my booking appointment but now have put 4 back on :( hope he isn't going to winge about my weight, think I've done alright so far. Is anyone else under the consultant? How do you find it? Hope your all well x

Hey hun, im 10 weeks... my scan is on the 9th Jan. I was told i was going to be consultant led but only had midwife appointments through so far. Midwife told me its no different to seeing a midwife, so i said whats the point and she shrugged her shoulders!

Hi mia angel, I was also told the consultant does more or less the same as the midwife, just the consultant is more qualified in issueing treatment and keeping a better eye apparently. I'll see what he says tomorrow and let you guys know :)

Hey everyone just to let you know scan was fine, although bubba was asleep, got very excited in the waiting room, was feeling very nervous but got a def kick, i had been feeling movement but thought I must have been imagining things as it's still so early but I'm pretty sure now. So happy, this baby has a posterior placenta, unlike my daughter who i didn't feel move till 22 weeks with full on kicks. Was a little upset that the notes had difficult scan due to high bmi on them, I know I'm overweight but now I feel awful :([/QUOT

they only write this on ur notes to cover themselves incase they havent picked up on something, dont feel bad about it they write it on anyones who isnt stick thin! maternal hibitus or some other crap they wrote on mine! lol xx

oh and my bmi is 32 or 33 and im not under consultant care so it must just depend on the area u live, im allowed to give birth in the midwife led "home from home" unit as long as my bmi stays below 35 xx

mia_angel said:
Did you have the combined scan/test mummyclark?

Yer I had the downs screening today as well, did it with my first daughter as well. Are you going to have one with yours?

I got weighed at the scan as well, I had gained a kilo, I'm not over fussed, just want my baby to be healthy, I just worry about everything, normally keep it to myself but thought I'd voice any concerns on here, feel free to ignore me though

I think I'm only seeing the consultant due to my abnormal blood results.

I feel like I'm the only person moaning on here, someone take over from me lol x

Yes Im deffo having it hun, dreading it though. Got a really good result 4 years ago, just hoping i dont come up as high risk this time. Its different everywhere isnt it, i never got weighed again after the booking appoint. Think they are getting too obsessed with this weight stuff.

Oh and Im a terrible worrier too, in tears most days imagining the worst.

Last edited:
My next consultant appointment is on jan 9th and not looking foward to it. They do exactly the same thing as a mw but my appointment lasts less than 5 mins but i hav to wait over half an hour for it! Also considering that i am seeing them because of high bmi i was only weighed twice once by mw and than at my first scan, consultant has never weighed me in my 3 appointments i had with them!
After all this i hav told my husband not to even think about another baby until my bmi is normal because for me these extra appointments, stress and worry have ruined my pregnancy experiance :-(

Safia said:
My next consultant appointment is on jan 9th and not looking foward to it. They do exactly the same thing as a mw but my appointment lasts less than 5 mins but i hav to wait over half an hour for it! Also considering that i am seeing them because of high bmi i was only weighed twice once by mw and than at my first scan, consultant has never weighed me in my 3 appointments i had with them!
After all this i hav told my husband not to even think about another baby until my bmi is normal because for me these extra appointments, stress and worry have ruined my pregnancy experiance :-(

Could you not speak to your midwife and tell them it's causing unnecessary stress? If there not keeping an eye on your weight it seems to be wasting your time, or maybe the consult will do more towards the end of the pregnancy? x

oasis6918 said:
Could you not speak to your midwife and tell them it's causing unnecessary stress? If there not keeping an eye on your weight it seems to be wasting your time, or maybe the consult will do more towards the end of the pregnancy? x

MW knows i am not happy but gets into a big faff when i say i dont want to go to the consultant. They are all just covering their backsides as they hav been in a lot of trouble in the last couple of years. They wont do more towards the end as everything is normal apart from bmi. Oh wel not long now until i get them off my back and get to see my baby boy x

Well just got to my consultant appointment to be told there's at least a half an hour wait! Not happy, I'm not doing this everytime :(

Back