Pregnancy and Slimming World

xxdanni06xx said:
Have any of you done slimming world while pregnant?
when you do the plan do you actually loose weight or just maintain the weight you are the now? :confused:
I have only gained 3 lbs since becomming pregnant and i dont know wether i should be able to loose weight on this diet pregnant or will i gain weight? im so confused:confused:
if anyone could answer my questions you would be a great help
thanks xxxx

Hey hun, welcome and congrats, I think everyone on this thread is pregnant and doing slimming world.

Firstly if your consultant doesn't know she has a very experienced area manager who she should call for advice. Slimming world give you a leaflet which basically advises you to follow the extra easy plan but to have two healthy extra A and B portions as you and your growing baby need the extra calcium fiber and vitamins. Secondly your advisor should give you a form which you must take with you to your midwife. Ultimately the decision if whether you should continue with slimming world lies with your midwife, if she says no and refuses to sign the form you will no longer be able to go to classes (ive never heard of anyone being told no though)

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and I've continued to lose so far but I'm 16 stone and my midwife is happy for me to lose 2 to 3 stone if I want and can lol.

It's perfectly manageable to eat healthily and if you lose weight as a result then happy days - however it is hard, I personally have hyperemisis so I can't eat much or I throw up and sometimes I throw up anyway. It's horrible and only people who have or had hyperemisis understand how bad it gets. This is partly responsible for my loss.

In the last trimester most people gain weight, I know of people my size who have lost weight in the first 6 months and maintained throughout the last trimester and that is my goal.

You don't tell us how far gone you are or how much you weigh but I would ask your sw consultant if she could ask her area manager to talk to you because we can give you our knowledge and experience but at the end of the day your consultant is being paid to get that information for you so make her work for her money!

X x x

Hello ladies, nice to see lots of new faces in here. Little Miss Leia is now 4 months old seems to have flown by. Feels like she has been here forever because I honestly have trouble remembering what is was like before we had her. She's just got her 1st tooth and is always smiling or giggling. The photo is from Christmas Day of them all together.
2011-12-25235554_edit0-1.jpg

I managed to lose just over 1.5 stone while pregnant with her, after joining on referral from my hospital consultant (had a few gains from massive fluid retention and being ill anyway so got my 1.5 stone award the week after she was born). You should be able to follow any of the three slimming world plans while pregnant, just with an extra a and b choice on extra easy. They say you should be aiming to maintain your weight but pretty much everyone has weeks where they lose and weeks where they gain too. They recommend extra easy because it's supposed to be simpler, but there are people who followed red or green I just can't remember who off the top of my head. The advice you receive from consultants is mixed because they only decided you should have an extra a and b choice while pregnant at the end of last year. We had a huge debate on here about it at the time because the leaflets we received from group were different than what was on the website. This will probably be a useful read - Log in, register or sign up - Slimming World and maybe this one - Log in, register or sign up - Slimming World good luck to all of you with your pregnancies here's hoping for easy deliveries for you all and healthy happy babies at the end of it all. Just try and keep in mind on the bad days when you have aching joints, swollen fingers or feet or are puking your guts up that it will all be so worth it in the end (if it wasn't none of us would be daft enough to do it more than once lol). There will always be someone here willing to sympathize with you and offer support when things are tough. Don't beat yourself up if you can't stay on plan even being on plan 50% of the time is far better than not trying at all. There is no such thing as failure as long as you keep trying. Hugs Crystal xx

Last edited:
evening all just been catching up on the posts ive missed Miss slinky i do hope your starting to feel better hun if not you really should go to hosp and get some fluid help.
Glad everyone else seems to be doing ok, not had the best week on plan but not been to bad either , seem to be feeling a bit sicky tonight on the plus side i have my scan tomorrow just so hope it goes better than the one i had at 19 weeks and i dont get stuck with the same sonographer as if she is horrible to me this time i think i may punch her lol.
so far i think im around 3lb heavier than when i got pregnant im 22 weeks today no real sign of a bump but i expect its hiding under all my fat my bmi was 40 i think at booking in visit.

I'm much better thank you hun I started eating solid food Sunday hurah! I'm taking it real slow though I lost 2.5lbs this week after a chat with my c she said I will see a big loss next week because my body will be full of the liquid its Hung onto to keep me alive with no food and water retention from my muscles being used so much with the sickness lol but I'm happy :)

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
I'm much better thank you hun I started eating solid food Sunday hurah! I'm taking it real slow though I lost 2.5lbs this week after a chat with my c she said I will see a big loss next week because my body will be full of the liquid its Hung onto to keep me alive with no food and water retention from my muscles being used so much with the sickness lol but I'm happy :)

X x x

Glad ur feeling a bit better chick xx

Hey hun, welcome and congrats, I think everyone on this thread is pregnant and doing slimming world.

Firstly if your consultant doesn't know she has a very experienced area manager who she should call for advice. Slimming world give you a leaflet which basically advises you to follow the extra easy plan but to have two healthy extra A and B portions as you and your growing baby need the extra calcium fiber and vitamins. Secondly your advisor should give you a form which you must take with you to your midwife. Ultimately the decision if whether you should continue with slimming world lies with your midwife, if she says no and refuses to sign the form you will no longer be able to go to classes (ive never heard of anyone being told no though)

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and I've continued to lose so far but I'm 16 stone and my midwife is happy for me to lose 2 to 3 stone if I want and can lol.

It's perfectly manageable to eat healthily and if you lose weight as a result then happy days - however it is hard, I personally have hyperemisis so I can't eat much or I throw up and sometimes I throw up anyway. It's horrible and only people who have or had hyperemisis understand how bad it gets. This is partly responsible for my loss.

In the last trimester most people gain weight, I know of people my size who have lost weight in the first 6 months and maintained throughout the last trimester and that is my goal.

You don't tell us how far gone you are or how much you weigh but I would ask your sw consultant if she could ask her area manager to talk to you because we can give you our knowledge and experience but at the end of the day your consultant is being paid to get that information for you so make her work for her money!

X x x

Thanks everyone for the replies i just googled pregnancy and slimming world and came to here so i joined :)

my advisor marjorie said she will do some research for me returning on wednesday so hopefully she will give me the form to take to my midwife i have discussed slimming world with her and she thought it would be a good idea for me to do as it is basically healthy eating so there should be no problems there getting her to sign. Im 20 weeks pregnant and so far have only put on 3 lbs since i found out 14 weeks ago which im really happy about i was expecting a huge weight gain as i feel huge lol!!! ideally i would like to loose 2+ a half stone that would get me into my ideal bmi im 14st 11lbs just now, i think any more weight loss than i would look stupid because im really tall i would just look like a bean pole lol.

im doing the extra easy plan which seems quite easy to stick to so we will just see how it goes im saying that the now but ive been craving chocolate cake all day lol:sigh: thanks so much again for your replies you have helped alot i was totally clueless & i would have been totally disheartened if i went every week and gained weight and didnt know that some weeks i will. xxxxxxx

Ah lovely picture so sweet, did you lose that stone and half after birth or before. Think you've done great xx
That stone and a half was while pregnant, I have been struggling since I had her my weight loss has been very hit and miss despite following plan but it's getting better lost 4.5lb and got my gold body magic award tonight at weigh in tonight so very happy. Hugs Crystal x

Hi girls, not been on for a bit mainly as been so busy with work that I haven't been very SW focussed and hence didn't log on.
Am 20w tomorrow tho :) which is my birthday. Scan on Thurs. So I got a lot on this week -Valentine meal tonight, birthday lunch out with hubby and thurs after scan going for lunch :)

I was 10s 0.5lb yest which is 10.5 on. Is more than it should be as ate a lot of rubbish (chocolate mainly) but also a few meals in and out too that weren't very SW friendly.

However with my little girl I was 10-1 when I found out I was pregnant (compared to that now @ 20weeks).

Anyway how is everyone else doing? How are your bumps. Mine kicks loads! Never had a kicker last time and this is lovely to sit and feel them. Although they feel strong for 20w so I.perhaps should try practicing them bladder exercises when u hold everything in as control ready for a bigger baby.

BTW did anyone see one born every minute last week, it was awful (the baby was ok in the end) but was huge baby and got stuck getting shoulders out. Made me think must eat less chocolate incase it leads to a big baby (yet hasn't really stopped me).

My oh is cooking for us tonight :D x x x

Oh my god tea was a flipping nightmare, made stir fry and at the same time was cooking hubby's tea Jamaican stew, my back was killing me from standing and I thought i was goin to pass out the stir fry sauce burnt and I thought I'd give it ago anyway but started to eat it to find the chicken hadn't cooked all the way through. so nicked a bit of hubby's tea as he's at work anyway, sat down got comfortable and it was horrible, I had 2 mouth fulls and put it back in the pan. So now I've had pasta n sauce :(

Oh I wish, he doesn't go to bed til ten. He's no bother I'm going to rest on the sofa til hubby gets in and I'll jump in a nice bath then, let him look after me x

We've tried getting our lo into bed early, but then he gets back up it's like a nap, but if we put him to bed at 10 he goes to sleep no bother and sleeps til 9am or 10am the next day so I don't mind, also my hubby doesn't get in til 8.30 so it gives him a little time with our lo but I wouldn't complain if I could get him into bed at half 7 lol, would be easier for me. On a different note I weighed myself just now, I knew I shouldn't but my scales say I've gained 7lb since Friday. I don't even know how to feel Grrrr but it's all my own doing just gotto work hard the rest of this week x

hey guys just thought id update you ..my scan was fab today the sonographer was lovely didnt make one refernce to my size or not being able to see the bean or anything ...she got all mesurements ok and bean hasnt grown any dangley bits so looks like were set for a little ruby-valentine.

Hope you have all had good days my foods been a bit off this week but oh well .

oasis hope your back feels better and kinda sucks that your food went wrong tonight ..hope you found something nice in the end.

cas thanks for your good wishes hun seems they helped

Back