Pregnancy and Slimming World

My lo is staying at grandma's tonight, I don't know what to do, I wish I hadn't let him stay out :( x

im sure he was ok love ...how are you doing now?

congrats on all your scans ladys glad they went well

How is plan going ive kinda been bad the last few days :(

tryingto get back on today on red plan

Yes my lo seemed to enjoy grandma's its just weird the house seemed so empty without him. He didn't go to sleep til 2am not sure grandma will be in such a rush to have him over anytime soon ha ha x

I have my mum and her boyfriend over this weekend. My daughter loves it but maybe this weekend for the planned 'no more nappies' was a bad idea she wasn't keen on going to the toilet and had 3 accidents!

I was so proud of the meal I made last night because it was completely slimming world friendly without anyone being able to tell.

Starter was a spicy morracan chickpea soup which I made from the good food website and I made a few.times. served with sliced wedges of pitta.

Main was a mousakka made with lamb mince, aubergines done in fry light and a cheese sauce of total 0%, 100g feta and an egg. Was all from delicious recipe book and tasted gorgeous. Served with salad.

The desert was a slimming world individual trifle, 2 sponge fingers per person, sugar free jelly and banana custard mullerlight :)

Gooooooooood afternoon all -hope everyone is away sat with their feet up and resting those bumps ;)

Well Hubby has gone away this afternoon *pah* -but he will be back on Friday evening, its only that course he should have done earlier in the month -and at least its not 6 months in the Gulf :D

So my plan of action for the week is to do steady pottering whilst getting Charliebumps things sorted and packed and a bit of stuff organised -other than that I will be mainly sat on my bum sewing or stretched out on the sofa stroking my bump :p -hubby has threatened all sorts of things if I get up to anything strenuous whilst he is away and well Im not one to argue ;).

MissSlinky -so glad the scan went well -I have 3 lots of scan pics now and they fascinate me..and is it slightly bonkers that I think he looks like my hubby :p -I swear he is going to have hubbies nose and chin at least...

Cas3 -I can't believe how fast time is going -although I missed the first 13 weeks :giggle:-hopefuly our bumps will arrive safe n sound in about 8 weeks :D.
According to all the books when I went for my last scan baby should be approx 2.5lbs -mine is 3.5lbs -but apparently that is smack bang on the middle line of growth for this area sp he is doing nicely..
I have an appointment with the anesthetist on the 7th March so hopefully then they will give me a date *excititng*-assuming they don't refuse me a C-section
How is your little one coming along?

Sweetchant1lly -Im doing some bits n pieces of X-stitch to hang in Charlies nursery although he is in with us for at least 6 months -so I have plenty of time. Its odd because I usually do quite detailed things -this is a copy of the last one I did:-
5d6ad91d0564ca4ae6f34ca320697522.image.161x200.jpg

I really have never enjoyed doing simple cutesy designs -but now, well I have no choice do I :p. It really does make time pass quickly and I feel like Im actually doing something even when Im sat on my bum..
does anyone else X-stitch?
GeordieLass -congratulation on your meal -it sounds lovely :drool:, and welcome to the blue bump camp ..I was beginning to feel lonely :p

OOoooh has anyone used kiddicare.com? Only my mum insisted on getting bumps car seat for us :happy036: and I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and it arrived at mums 8:15am on Friday :clap: -so definitely A* on the speedy delivery front. That just leaves us his amby nature nest to order next month then I think thats about it until he arrives :bliss:
Right -*someone* is protesting that Im sat up still -so I had better get off and have a stretch out (guess who rules this house already :p)
Have a lovely evening all..

Hi Capricorn! It's lovely to see things are going so well with you!! I'm deeply engrossed in my course atm - I spent 3 whole weeks in London after Christmas and I have another exam the week after next! Also, I've somehow managed to get bursitis (inflammation) in my hip - I swear it was 3 weeks in an uncomfortable hotel bed! Consequently I've done no exercise and my weight is atrocious. Oh well, I'll get back on it eventually!!

Good luck with your meeting with the anesthetist. Hope he lets you have your C-section.

Bye for now, take care and lots of love,

Trace xxxx

Hi Capricorn, good to know your doing so well. Have u only got 8 weeks left? Your post implied it but your ticker on bottom sounds like more.

I love kiddicare too, excellent for big items and I bought so.much from them. I don't need much for baby.member 2 as a lot will be used again.

Am in partial shock about blue bump. My family is mainly girls, mum had 3 girls before finally getting a boy but then he was the first boy born in the family for over 60 years.

So almost 3 years ago when me & sis were pregnant no surprise we both had a girl. I knew deep down I was having a boy, everything was so different to last time! However my family were convinced I would haves another girl and I think I part believed it. Lol

Am excited and can't wait to go shopping, he will get lots of new clothes.:) a lot of everything else I have is unisex (baby bedding, car seat, cot, pram and big toys) so he will definitely be treated on clothes front! :)

wow capricorn that last crozz stitch you did was amazing hun.. hope everyone is doing ok today i have midwife in a min for blood pressure check , had an awful day yesterday pretty much split up with the bf he has texted saying sorry this morning but ive not replied as yet ...just hope it dont give me a false high bp reading.

How are our plans going this week mines been awfull ate to much chocolate this week sighs will keep trying though.

kiddicare does have some fab stuff and there swinging crib seems a real bargin too

Does anyone else get a pain in their side sometimes when they go from lying on their side to their back? A bit like a stitch?

X x x

Sweet chantily hope everything ok with ur bf and ur no check goes ok. My concerns at the appointment is the amount of glucose in me but it was caused by too much choc as last test was ok)

Miss Slinky I get that too, and it can be painful but doesn't last long and passed. Not sure what it is but I had 20w scan since a really bad pains and all was ok. I think I don't take things easy enough this time round. Are u taking it easy it trying to?

geordie_lass21 said:
Miss Slinky I get that too, and it can be painful but doesn't last long and passed. Not sure what it is but I had 20w scan since a really bad pains and all was ok. I think I don't take things easy enough this time round. Are u taking it easy it trying to?

Yeah my hubby is treating like I'm made of glass lol, I had only just women up and I just went to turn over from my right side onto my left and it was just a short stitch like pain. I think its probably just ligaments stretching or my tiny dancer bouncing on something!

I've spent this morning making a list of things that need doing in my house and its a very expensive list :( I need a lottery win!

X x x

mw app went ok talked a few things over with her , talked about depression and how it seems really unstable at the moment sometimes even making me think baby would be better off put up for adoption..she refferd me to see doc tomorrow about that and the nipple pains itching ect ..i still think its thrush to be honest as it hurts like hell but will see tomoz.
hope your all ok thisafternoon

Afternoon all

*woohoo* Trace:wavey: -*ouch* on the hip pain -hope you have some medication to make it manageable. MORE exms :eek: -heck they know how to keep you busy don't they.
I really must get back onto my diary -Im slacking aren't I :eek: -trust me, the minute Charlie makes an appearance I will be back onto my keeping track of everything and boring you with what I have eaten :p, Im still 4.5lbs lighter than when I found out I was expecting -although all the excess weight has now gathered around my middle (not suprisingly :p), so it will be nice to get back to some kind of routine -Im seriously missing exercise :faint2: -so my first plan of action will be to strap baby to me and get lots of walking done.
Hope you are having a good week my lovely and KTF :D

Hi Geordie -I have updated my ticker now :copon: -Yep Im 31+4 so about 8 weeks left for me *exciting* :D
Im keeping up our family pattern it seems -mum had 5 of us and it went
girl, boy ,girl, boy, girl then when my brothers and sisters had theirs -they carried on with boy, girl, boy, girl and now at long last Im adding a boy to the list :D.
ooh just think -at least with there being a shortage of boys in your family you must have a choice of just about any name you want ;)
I was really impressed with kiddicare -with this being my 1st I have started from scratch but Im still keeping the big stuff neutral *just in case* ;) - we would love more but after 9 years of trying for this ickle miracle (and my age) Im just keeping my fingers crossed that he arrives safe n sound.... anything else would be a bonus...

Sweetchant1lly - so sorry about the upset at the moment, hopefully its just a blip... and warn your BF not to upset you, he really doesn't want a group of pregnant ladies after his blood does he :p.
Im glad you talked things through with your midwife, don't give yourself a hard time honey - a lot of it could just be hormones etc. Just make sure you take care of yourself and your baby... you can work everything else out once you have less on your plate...
I have my heart set on the amby nature nest from kiddicare
Buy your Amby Natures Nest PACKAGE reviews from Kiddicare Cribs | Online baby shop | Nursery Equipment
Its not the cheapest option but it should last about 1 year and it does look comfy cosy :p then I will go for a cot bed -Im trying to cut out all the "inbetween" stages like moses baskets etc...

MissSlinky -I used to get that stitch feeling too -like you I assumed it was just ligaments and things stretching, although for the last about 12 weeks bump really doesn't like me to be on my side... I can lie on my back -or on my back :giggle:

In fact my sleeping position is pretty much -Imagine sitting on the bed cross legged like a kid and then just fall backwards, shove a pillow under my legs and rest my hands on my belly and thats about it(pretty much like an orangutan :eek:) -from going to bed to getting up :p -I even lie like that on the recliner/sofa too... this boy is certain about what he does and doesn't like...

Well I think Charlie is trying his hardest to turn as my god my belly keeps jerking and wobbling like a giant plate of jelly :p - about 2am this morning I was woken up by what felt like someone shaking the bed really frantically -I woke up and looked around then looked down and it was CharlieBump :rotflmao: -it went on for quite a while and I couldn't sleep for laughing,,,, -I swear it looked like an escapologist trying to escape from a chained up sack :p bless him he is a right old wrigglebum, luckily I love it as I know he is ok when he is jigging about.
Right I will stop yapping and get off ..have a lovely afternoon all..

Hope all u bumps r ok!!

Seems soooo long ago i had a bump :(

my new weightloss journey!! start:: 13s 12lb current:: 13s 12lb.... 54lbs to go!!

Thanks girls just been looking on kiddicare.com some great bargains on there, don't want to spend to much this time around Ive got most things from my lo in good condition so only really want to buy clothes and a pram might need a new moses basket, forget how much wear my daughter got out of hers. What a bargin that swing crib is might get that instead.

Im sorry to hear your having a bad time sweetchanti I hope things will go well at the doctors tomorrow and you and your bf sort things out it must be so hard having 4 children to look after and being pregnant too, don't worry if ur not sticking to plan all the time cos ur not alone x

Capricorn-sounds like pregnancy really suits you well done wiv weight loss :) Charlie sounds like his a very active and healthy bump. Ive got no idea how much my baby weighs at moment all I know is they think she's small for dates Im due a wk b4 you so should be having my section at begining of april x

Hope you and Tristian are well leeanne x

I've got wi today and I've eaten quite a lot oops all on plan but its going to be weighing me down, I've eaten out twice aswell so I'm expecting a gain!

It's just been such an exciting week! Telling everyone and being my tiny dancer moving around so much has made everything seem so real!

I'm beginning to worry about being able to afford everything (see my thread nesting!) I think I'm overreacting but I'm just making lists and thinking about everything I need to do and buy in the next 6 months! 6 pay days isn't enough!

I've bought a sangenic nappy system today, bargain £12 from mothercare!

I've fallen in love with a Claire de lune Moses basket from Argos, its £34.99 and with a rocking stand its £46.98 so I'm going to buy it payday. I can't afford the posh one you guys have seen on kiddycare! But it kinda reminds me of the portable hoists we use at work for most of the wheelchair users so its not something I would get but its really different!

My husband is hopefully starting his job that we've only been waiting for him to start for 3 months so that should give us an extra £200 a month which will really help!

X x x

Hun all you need is a basic moses basket get a stand second hand to save you bit cash, I wasn't refering to expensive crib there was one for 30 quid on there too. I agree with you its not something I would buy for my baby I don't think you wud get much wear out of it especially once baby is moving around.
I read ur other post a little while ago just write a list out the important stuff that needs to be done and don't forget you don't need to do up a nursery or anything as baby will probably be sleeping in ur room for first few mths so you can always wait till baby is born then you won't need to choose neutral colours. If you gain this wk its a good thing as you had such bad time wiv the sickness so don't worry xx

Back