Pregnancy and Slimming World

I loved that last meal too lol, I said to hubby I could just eat a roast dinner! But no if that was me I'd really have had to go without, it wasn't the portions it was the food it would have made me gag. The cheese and ham crusty bagette made my mouth water lol! The other lady did fab with her weight loss though x

Yep it was the food for me too. That was the worst food on whole series I think. TBH though I wouldn't be able to do that programme, I am dead funny on what I eat - I can't stand tea and sometimes that's all they have for breakfast. And my cereal I like the milk on and eat quick

hey girlies - can i ask you about vitamins? I have been advised to take the Pregnacare vitamins by my midwife, she said that then i am 'covered' for all vitamins, not matter how healthy my diet is.

Has anyone else taken these or had this advice? xxx

Ellebear said:
hey girlies - can i ask you about vitamins? I have been advised to take the Pregnacare vitamins by my midwife, she said that then i am 'covered' for all vitamins, not matter how healthy my diet is.

I took pregnacare at the start Of pregnancy and take them now if I have a day of junk eating and know I wouldn't have got many vitamins, perfectly fine for me even if the tablets are quite big

Ellebear said:

Yeah I was taking pregnicare now I take folic acid, vitamins D and calcium x

I've got 66 days left, woohoo! Doesn't seem long at all. Looks like hubby is going to lose his job in 2 weeks, stressed isn't the word don't know what the hell we will do. Were struggling to save as it is. Things always happen at the worst time, I think him upstairs likes to test us! Hope everyone's getting on well, when is everyone's next big mile stone in pregnancy ie scan's/weeks etc x

I think u have 76 days left (11 weeks yest).

Don't take any vitamins now - took folic acid (not pregnacare) up to 12 weeks. I suffer from constipation and didn't want iron in any supplement.

I eat healthy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's outside those times I eat rubbish.

Oasis - how rubbish and stressful abt ur OH job. What does he do? My husband got made redundant before, very stressful time at thought of paying rent and bills on what I brought in. Thankfully it wasn't for too long. Hope he gets something soon.

sorry to hear that bad news Oasis :(

I am waiting to get my date for my 20 week scan from the hospital - hoping to hear this week and get a date very soon as I am 20+3 today I think! :) (i get lost with my dates haha)

Also moving house this month too - our first house purchase, so got a lot of packing to do and organising strong men to do all the labour - haha! I will sit and eat cakes whilst they are all slogging away with the lifting and what not! sounds good to me!

Ooh and i have got myself a car travel system from eBay - its Mamas and Papas and i am pleased as punch with it! xxx

Morning everyone,

I've got 17 days til due date, and starting to feel really anxious now. Every little ache or pain I feel, I think is this it?. I'm so excited and can't wait.

I've been so uncomfortable last couple of weeks and can't wait to meet my baby x

Thanks ladies, I go on maternity in 6 weeks there's no way we can afford to live on just my maternity pay but we'll just have to see what happens, oh will do whatever possible to get a job straight away even if he has to do it while looking for a better job, he's great like that I have no worries on his part doing whatever he can to get back into work it's just come at the worst possible time. Hope everyone's doing well, good luck for weigh in's tomorrow and I'm sure someone weigh's today but I can't remember who sorry xx

Sophie1980 said:
Morning everyone,

I've got 17 days til due date, and starting to feel really anxious now. Every little ache or pain I feel, I think is this it?. I'm so excited and can't wait.

I've been so uncomfortable last couple of weeks and can't wait to meet my baby x

I wouldn't be able to sleep lol as baby can come anytime, hope it's soon for you hun x

Morning girlys
Sorry for my absence i was in hospital at the weekend with high bp and protein in my urine have been started on meds to hopefully stop it turning into pre eclampsia. i was admitted on friday and my son was admitted to childrens the day after because he hasnt been taking his meds and had got himself severely impacted ... part of me could strangle him for not doing as told and taking his meds but the mummy side of me just wanted out of maternity to go be with him. I managed to escape on Saturday night and went straight to childrens he was in agony and ended up having to have 8 enemas paracetomol ibropofen morphine and gas and air to get through the pain.

so as you can see my weekend was slightly hetic to say the least and this week has carried on pretty much the same dont feel like i have had anytime to do much of anything.

Hope you girls are all doing well with your bumps . Oasis so sory to hear about hubbys job hope things come right for you guys soon.

How are all our mummys who had there babys doing hope your all good and enjoy life with your little munchkins.

You did have a hectic week didn't you, hope your both better now! It would have drove me round the bend being in hospital.

I keep getting sharp pains in my stomach now and again and in my lower parts, I hope it doesn't mean anything.
Lo just fell and elbowed my bump, so I yelled out and frightened the life out of him, I'm trying to teach him to stay away from my belly but he just doesn't understand. I wish he'd be more careful but he is only 22 months nearly lol x

Sorry to hear about your hubby Teri, hope he finds something soon :(

I have an appointment to see a consultant at 31 weeks about having my c section....does anyone know what happens at this appointment.....the birth options lady said i could even book the c section day on that day, but im not sure its going to be that straight forward, i know she cant refuse me but im sure she will try to change my mind.

had a drama last night and spent 5 hours up at the hospital - yak!
Had a bleed again, so got told by midwife to head up to the maternity unit - still dont have green notes as i am waiting to have my scan date and the greens are there!!
After checking baby's heartbeat and all that they put me safe in the knowledge it was okay!
Doc checked me over and I have a 'lady' infection - nothing i have done to cause it, and apparently 1 in 3 ladies have it during pregnancy, but mine is causing inflamed areas and bleeding. It can also cause prem birth! :O
So I am on a course of antibiotics, and hope it clears up within the week. I am in no pain, and the antibiotics wont harm baby so just got my fingers crossed.

xxxx

mia_angel said:
Sorry to hear about your hubby Teri, hope he finds something soon :(

I have an appointment to see a consultant at 31 weeks about having my c section....does anyone know what happens at this appointment.....the birth options lady said i could even book the c section day on that day, but im not sure its going to be that straight forward, i know she cant refuse me but im sure she will try to change my mind.

I just know my consultant said we would discuss birth options at my last appointment which was at 28 weeks, but I said it didn't matter as I know what I wanted. He said they won't book my appointment for section until 36 weeks, so if I changed my mind and wanted section they'd book me in then. I'm not sure if each hospitals do different things, good luck x

Does anyone know if it's okay to get your hair dyed at a salon while pregnant? I know home hair dye's are okay as long as it's not peroxide or bleached colours. I've got an appointment in morning for a cut although I'm not sure what style I want, I want something completely different! But also I want it coloured at some point just with some blocks of colour x

Back