Pregnancy and Slimming World

oasis6918 said:
Does anyone know if it's okay to get your hair dyed at a salon while pregnant? I know home hair dye's are okay as long as it's not peroxide or bleached colours. I've got an appointment in morning for a cut although I'm not sure what style I want, I want something completely different! But also I want it coloured at some point just with some blocks of colour x

Heh I worried til my greys were getting me down... Then went to my hair dresser & she actually used a herbal colour on my hair ... Just looking online for the colour series - but it's really helped condition my hair too and as its natural wont harm baby! It lasted ages too!

Here it is:

http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/products/care/essensity/

Ellebear said:
had a drama last night and spent 5 hours up at the hospital - yak!
Had a bleed again, so got told by midwife to head up to the maternity unit - still dont have green notes as i am waiting to have my scan date and the greens are there!!
After checking baby's heartbeat and all that they put me safe in the knowledge it was okay!
Doc checked me over and I have a 'lady' infection - nothing i have done to cause it, and apparently 1 in 3 ladies have it during pregnancy, but mine is causing inflamed areas and bleeding. It can also cause prem birth! :O
So I am on a course of antibiotics, and hope it clears up within the week. I am in no pain, and the antibiotics wont harm baby so just got my fingers crossed.

xxxx

That must have been frightening ellebear! Glad it's getting sorted & hope it clears up soon! Just make sure u let everyone else do the lifting and stuff- I normally end up doing more than I ought to & am beginning to feel it now! Just done the groceries & a nappy shop and my tummy hurts now and I thought I hadn't done much :0/

i a hairdresser hun and you are totally fine having it coloured,however if u are having a new brand of colour you shoukd always have a skin test 24-48hrs before

I know that's the crappy part never do a skin test with the ones out the shops, but I could choose a colour at hairdressers and do a skin test I guess x

Have no idea, I'm a bit torn, I was just going to get a few blocks of dark red but then I can't really afford to keep getting it done, but then my hair is quite dark at the moment so I may just colour the underneath myself a red. I'm not sure lol, haven't even decided on a style yet x

Cool thanks, I've had my hair cut the hair dressers said ok to dye. So I'm going to home dye it today then I'm going to get them to do me some colour when baby born as a treat for myself :) x

No you only get one of each on extra easy. So when your pregnant you get two of each. If your on green plan you still only get two of each but they advise you extra easy only, hope that helps x

Yeah trying, everything quite stressful at mo but I'm trying not to let anything get to me. Good luck this week x

Hey my lovelies sorry im awol stuck in hospital at the moment! Came up last friday as i was feeling really ill. I think its down to the bp meds bv doc thinks i have a clot. I have a chest n leg scan at 2 to see if it is. Bump is measuring 40 weeks and im 32 weeks today hope im not having an elephant

sweetchant1lly said:
Hey my lovelies sorry im awol stuck in hospital at the moment! Came up last friday as i was feeling really ill. I think its down to the bp meds bv doc thinks i have a clot. I have a chest n leg scan at 2 to see if it is. Bump is measuring 40 weeks and im 32 weeks today hope im not having an elephant

Hope all turned out ok 2day x

Been very quiet on here lately, another pound on for me this week, guess I'm just gonna add a pound each week now till the end x

Heh I'm too scared to weigh in so skipped last night again! Has anyone had any back pain in bed? My hips and lower back r killing me during the night but waken up and I'm fine once up....

Yeah but I suffer with severe spd the pain is excruciating at night I need help turning over, but spd is very common in pregnancy. So you may have a touch of it, speak to your midwife, it's usually 10 x worse at night. I've got crutches and a bump support bandage x

Ooh could you let me know what the weathers like, I'm thinking of booking a holiday in feurtventura this time next year but wasn't sure it would be warm enough

Am catching up on here .... It wasnt that hot to be honest and was a bit disappointing weather wise...... apparently they have had a bad winter and the weather was unseasonable cold.... but every day at breakfast you saw people in what is obviously there "going home jacket". Dont get me wrong when the sun was shining it was nice hot sun but it was cloudy and windy a lot of the time. in 7 days I would say we had 2.5 good days! The forecast for the rest of the week wasnt great either with a couple of days of rain forecast.

We had a great time tho, we relaxed a lot which was what I needed after work stresses.... but I ate far too much (all inclusive and even not drinking I still put on 7.5lbs)!!! I know I cant blame the baby either..... this is 3 courses for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.... This means I have now put on 27.5lbs by 30 weeks!

Heh I'm too scared to weigh in so skipped last night again! Has anyone had any back pain in bed? My hips and lower back r killing me during the night but waken up and I'm fine once up....

My back has been killing lower down..... Hips arent too bad but I did do a bit of walking one day on hols (by bit probs an hour) and I was in agony afterwards... and I mean agony... like period pains!! Baby was kicking a lot so wasnt worried there but decided i need to now take it easier.

Back