Pregnancy and Slimming World

I'm 31+6
Exhausted today, had 2 8 hour shifts at the weekend, but for some reason decided it would be a good idea to re arranged all my bedroom furniture and the nursery, as well as changing the cot from a bed back a cot suitable for baby, even though she won't be needing it for probably another 7 months.
Feel so heavy and lethargic today

Morning girls, Hope were all well ... glad im finally back and posting via my pc rather than the phone.

IM feeling a little better now was a bit rough this morning feeling sick and dizzy and losing my voice again i can honestly say i hate bp meds i was having ups and downs before but these things make you feel rough all the time .

My face is still swollen but not in to much pain now more annoying than anything else now ... They didnt use anything to feel the gap on the extraction site they said best left alone i had to wait in hospital a while to make sure the bleeding had stopped.

So what have i missed girls hope everything is ok with everyone > had a growth scan whilst in hospital as bump is measuring 40 weeks but baby is fine weighing around 4lb 4 0z at 32 weeks ... they booked my c section so 6 weeks from today i shall be having my baby ...ohh the sonographer also said she has lots of hair lol.

Diet wise i have managed to drop the 5lb i gained since starting the bp tabs but to be honest thats probably because i havent been able to eat solid food , gona makemy self some chicken with bean shoots and mushrooms in a bit and see if i can eat it.

Anyone got anything fun planned this week?

My pram arrived thismorning its at my mums so ill have to go have a lookey later on

hey girlies - hope everyone is good!

i have been having a whale of a time with my local hospitals!!! they cancelled my appt for me - saying i had given consent as I was private (seriously!!!!! i was livid!) and so i had to have a cancellation! SO i got to see my little wrigglebum on Friday (27th april) and my EDD is now 7 September based on measurements and they are 90% sure its a little girl!

:)

All normal on scans, but due to my BMI being 31 they class me as high risk now - ! so im consultant led and being made to feel terrible for being heavy. Horrible! x

I have also bought a M&P rocking donkey on eBay - its awesome! haha!

xxx

Ellebear said:
hey girlies - hope everyone is good!

i have been having a whale of a time with my local hospitals!!! they cancelled my appt for me - saying i had given consent as I was private (seriously!!!!! i was livid!) and so i had to have a cancellation! SO i got to see my little wrigglebum on Friday (27th april) and my EDD is now 7 September based on measurements and they are 90% sure its a little girl!

:)

All normal on scans, but due to my BMI being 31 they class me as high risk now - ! so im consultant led and being made to feel terrible for being heavy. Horrible! x

I have also bought a M&P rocking donkey on eBay - its awesome! haha!

xxx

Really! I'm being classed as low risk and my bmi is 38! I'm not consultant led just my midwife don't feel bad Hun just enjoy being pregnant x x x

My bmi was 35 and the cut off is 31 I was told so I'm under the consultant too, I wouldn't worry hun they've never once mentioned or discussed my weight. My consultant appointments have been a complete waste of time and I'm 32 weeks now x

Btw I was wondering did anyone have problems with there employers?

Mine are telling me I need to cut my contract as they can't give me enough hours as I have had to be moved to one house (I'm a support worker) to which I said no way in hell and I will take you to a tribunal if you can't provide a safe environment for me to work by law you have to suspend me on full pay due to health and safety.

So now to take the mickey they've given me 50 hours a week for all of may and there are loads of 24 hour shifts and sleep ins

When I told her that June and July I can't do sleep ins it's too much her reply was well its in your contract so deal with it. I thought your employer had to make reasonable changes to hours and working conditions when you were pregnant but I'm struggling at 6 months doing these shifts how do they expect me to cope at 7 and 8 months?

When is it that your maternity leave kicks in if you go off sick? I'm considering going off with "stress" until just before that kicks in to teach them a lesson!

X x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
Btw I was wondering did anyone have problems with there employers?

Mine are telling me I need to cut my contract as they can't give me enough hours as I have had to be moved to one house (I'm a support worker) to which I said no way in hell and I will take you to a tribunal if you can't provide a safe environment for me to work by law you have to suspend me on full pay due to health and safety.

So now to take the mickey they've given me 50 hours a week for all of may and there are loads of 24 hour shifts and sleep ins

When I told her that June and July I can't do sleep ins it's too much her reply was well its in your contract so deal with it. I thought your employer had to make reasonable changes to hours and working conditions when you were pregnant but I'm struggling at 6 months doing these shifts how do they expect me to cope at 7 and 8 months?

When is it that your maternity leave kicks in if you go off sick? I'm considering going off with "stress" until just before that kicks in to teach them a lesson!

X x x

Would contact citezens advice or ask your midwife, im pretty sure they have to make reasonable adjustments. I think its at 29 weeks your employer can force you to start leave if your off sick as that is the earliest you can choose to start your leave x

I called acas who said they would go to a tribunal with me if needed, I'm taking holidays from 23rd July to 25th of August and then my mat leave starts on the 26th and I'm due the 28th, I might take 2 more weeks annual leave in July and go off earlier (I get my new AL entitlement June 20th so get 34 days so could take almost 7 weeks ... That would take me off from the 9th of July I'm also off from June 4th to 11th to use my AL from this year.

I think I can go to the dr and ask for an amended duties note for no shifts over 8 hours and no nights ...

X x x

mummyClark said:
I'm 31+6
Exhausted today, had 2 8 hour shifts at the weekend, but for some reason decided it would be a good idea to re arranged all my bedroom furniture and the nursery, as well as changing the cot from a bed back a cot suitable for baby, even though she won't be needing it for probably another 7 months.
Feel so heavy and lethargic today

I know what u mean, just ordered my little one a new bed (gone for a toddler bed in purple from kiddicare as can reuse her cot bed mattress). Will last a bit longer til she is in a big bed as she still falls out a bit!

I want to set it up, so I can sort baby out with a cot! I just want room sorted really. I am going to order IKEA wardrobe when on maternity.:)

By th

By the way girls discovered kiddicare have offer on if u spend £100 they give u 10% off (today last day). I think its pretty good as.find them very cheap in first.place.

I have a lot from first time.round but bought a few things - bed for Amy, mattress for baby, nipple cream and a baby bjorn carrier.:)

How much movement was everyone feeling at 23 weeks? I've not had as much kicking as I have been but I've been feeling stretched and I don't know if that's baby stretching out while it can or what, I'm so paranoid!

X x x

i am nearly 22 weeks and not sure whether im being kicked or feeling any movement yet. I get the odd flutter - but its my first and the midwife said it takes longer to recognise the kicks!

Oh - and i am also carrying her high and at the front, so apparently the location can affect the level of kicking you feel too! xxx

I've been feeling kicking since about 16 weeks but it's changed now into more wiggles and then sometimes I just feel tight like I'm being pulled at, also my first so I'm just worried after feeling so much that it's slowing down already I thought it would be getting stronger. Maybe bubs is having a lazy day.

My sonographer was shocked at how busy my baby was at the 12 week scan and then last Friday she was measuring baby, went to get something from the desk and when she started scanning again bubs head was on the other side.

I've just had a big kick so maybe I'm being daft lol

X x x

What's your due date? I'm 28th of August, it's nice to meet someone so close to my date hehe a friend of mine is due 5 days before me but she has a very low lying placenta so hasn't felt anything yet, they told her she's going to need a c section because it's so severe she was gutted

X x x

I hope I'm late, I want my baby to be in the next school year lol plus I'm maid of honour at my sisters wedding August 10th so the further away from that the better lol x x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
How much movement was everyone feeling at 23 weeks? I've not had as much kicking as I have been but I've been feeling stretched and I don't know if that's baby stretching out while it can or what, I'm so paranoid!

X x x

Your baby goes through a big growth spurt around then, so he/she will be sleeping more x

mummyClark said:
Your baby goes through a big growth spurt around then, so he/she will be sleeping more x

Aww thanks hun that's makes me feel a lot better :) x x x

Back