Pregnancy and Slimming World

No problem, don't worry your not far enough to be feeling regular movements anyway so try not to panic, think baby gets into a rhythm somewhere between 26-28 weeks. Even after that baby will have days where they don't do much, as long as you feel some movement every day all should be fine xx

I had started getting a rhythm three times a day I would get lots of activity but now it's gone all over the place again lol

X x x

Really hoping I can get a little help on here :)

Ive just started following Slimming world at home, I cant afford the classes at the moment but Im trying to make this a healthy pregnancy and set myself up ready for classes once weenie is here.

Could anyone tell me how mant syns a pregnant lady on the plan is to have a day and are there any other changes to the plan for pregnant women? I.e HEA milk is it still only 250ml daily allowance that kind of thing?

Ive already gained around 8lb and Im only 13 weeks so I want to really restrict any excess weight gain now before it spirals out of control, this is my 3rd and last lil one so am determined to have a figure that I like afterwards.

Thanks all in advance for any info at all..

sd2012 said:
Really hoping I can get a little help on here :)

Ive just started following Slimming world at home, I cant afford the classes at the moment but Im trying to make this a healthy pregnancy and set myself up ready for classes once weenie is here.

Could anyone tell me how mant syns a pregnant lady on the plan is to have a day and are there any other changes to the plan for pregnant women? I.e HEA milk is it still only 250ml daily allowance that kind of thing?

Ive already gained around 8lb and Im only 13 weeks so I want to really restrict any excess weight gain now before it spirals out of control, this is my 3rd and last lil one so am determined to have a figure that I like afterwards.

Thanks all in advance for any info at all..

Hi, it is recommended that you only follow the extra easy plan and use all 15 syns a day. You also have to have 2 HEA and 2 HEBs
Don't worry about early weight gain as its likely to be fluid retention and your muscles of your uterus growing xx

Also just to add if you weigh more than 16 stone they recommend you have up to 20 suns if you need them

x x x

My c has just text me saying the pr team are looking for a pregnant member to do a documentary by the same people who did one born every minute and do I want to do it ... I don't know! Help!

X x x

Never mind I said no its to invasive they want to follow you around for 3 months I want enjoy my pregnancy and the show sounds like its going to be oo look at the fat pregnant women and all the problems you could get!

No way in hell!

X x x

Ooh that sounds interesting to watch but if its like obem I def wouldn't want to be part of the show. Although if ur slimming it might be they are trying to give a positive msg e.g. pregnancy isn't about eating for 2 (well not double the amount anyways like I did with my first haha)

Hello can I join you all? I'm 6 weeks and one day, 40, diabetic and 5 stone overweight. I really need to sort myself out health-wise and slimming world is healthy for pg ladies I gather. I looked back over the last few pages and saw that you are allowed 2 he a's and 2 he b's Is that for when you are first pregnant too or later on in pregnancy when you need extra calories? Am really nervous - cant wait for the next six weeks to be over then hopefully will be able to relax a bit.

Congrats Rosieposey!!! and yeah join in the fun! I think the 4 HEX is a static throughout pregnancy - and when you need extra calories thats when you grab some more free foods :D xxx

geordie_lass21 said:
Ooh that sounds interesting to watch but if its like obem I def wouldn't want to be part of the show. Although if ur slimming it might be they are trying to give a positive msg e.g. pregnancy isn't about eating for 2 (well not double the amount anyways like I did with my first haha)

Lol I will watch it but I don't want to be part of the show, I think some things are too personal for tv and for me my pregnancy is one of them especially after trying for so long, plus im already 23 weeks they probably want people who are earlier and have health issues whereas my bp is fine my bloods are fine baby is growing at normal pace and I've only put on 13 lbs and I barely have a bump yet so I wouldn't be a very interesting case study lol I have 3 pregnant cousins two who are healthy weights but both are having loads of complications and my hubby's cousin who is about 24 stone has gestational diabetes high bp and has been booked for an early c section. And she told me I was stupid for staying on slimming world and laughed at me, she's not laughing anymore!

Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy Hun :)

X x x

Silver Lady said:
Hi, i'm 8 weeks pregnant and doing slimming world whilst pregnant, i don't really eat meat but i am really struggling to get vegetables down me as they make me more sick what do i do?

Hey Hun I really struggled with fruit and veg my first few weeks because of sickness so although it's not on slimming world I was having home made smoothies with lots of ice to get some healthy food, also try things like Heinz beans they are free and count as one of your five a day. My midwife told me not to worry if I couldn't manage for the first 12 weeks as baby takes everything it needs from you so just make sure your taking your vitamins and do the best you can but don't stress about it and don't force anything that may make you I'll. Also try making smooth veg soups leek and potato was my favourite I would blend it so there were no lumps at all and it stayed down.

X x x

Silver Lady said:
Hi, i'm 8 weeks pregnant and doing slimming world whilst pregnant, i don't really eat meat but i am really struggling to get vegetables down me as they make me more sick what do i do?

I think most of us went off veggies in first tri for some reason, just eat what you can while your sickness is still going on even if it's not SW friendly an don't beat yourself up, you can pick the diet up when your feeling better. Maybe try a few free meals and see what you can keep down. I always found that cold meals were easier to keep down than hot things x

My mums friends daughter had her baby boy yesterday, 10 lbs 14oz she struggled to push him out they almost had to break his arm then he stopped breathing for a very long time :/ he's ok now but sounds so scary I really hope I don't have a big baby x x x

Hey ladies really wanting mash potatoes at the mo, does anyone know if instant mash is free?

It's free if you make it up with water or use your milk from your A if you use marg syn the marg

X x x

Back