Pregnancy and Slimming World

My husband has lost the weight because he cycles to work everyday no matter how the bad the weather is! Through the exercise he has reduced his portions but still can get away with eating things i cant like white bread. For me i have always had the most weight on my tummy and its going really big again which isnt all baby so its time i take action otherwise it will affect me like it has done previously after baby has come and i just go into a depression and dont enjoy the first few weeks of baby and i also dont want to go down the route of vlcd like last time to kickstart my weightloss x

That's exactly how I feel I want to enjoy the first few weeks but if I'm constantly wearing baggy clothes and feeling far I know I'll get depressed! I'm joining SW this week either weds/thurs! Let me know how you get on a class this week I'm looking forward to going back but Im not seeing my midwife for 3 weeks so I don't be able to get the form completed till then! X

I'm fed up of being fat!! I know it's baby but its not all bub mainly cake!! I don't want to et like a pig anymore :( I need to keep on the straight and narrow x

Hi there, I am new here and five weeks pregnant at the moment. I wanted to ask your advice, what changes in SW when you are pregnant. I read that you have to increase your HE? Also is it safe to still have fat free yoghurt since there is asparteme in it or its best to have a normal yoghurt or one which is asparteme free? Thanks and good day :)

Hi there, I am new here and five weeks pregnant at the moment. I wanted to ask your advice, what changes in SW when you are pregnant. I read that you have to increase your HE? Also is it safe to still have fat free yoghurt since there is asparteme in it or its best to have a normal yoghurt or one which is asparteme free? Thanks and good day :)

Hi congratulations, you get an extra he ex a and extra he ex b. also I've always had sweeteners and sugar free juices etc and this is my second pregnancy I don't believe there is any harm in sweetners certainly nothing happened in my pregnancy. :)

I have clinical depression as well, you are not alone. The thing is weight can come off anytime, i was so stressed and obessed about my weight last week but now changed my attitude if I do put on 3 stone it can come off, I am just getting through it and not get so stressed over stuff. I am on quitypine and sertaline as well and psych said fine to stay where I am with meds :)
My husband has lost the weight because he cycles to work everyday no matter how the bad the weather is! Through the exercise he has reduced his portions but still can get away with eating things i cant like white bread. For me i have always had the most weight on my tummy and its going really big again which isnt all baby so its time i take action otherwise it will affect me like it has done previously after baby has come and i just go into a depression and dont enjoy the first few weeks of baby and i also dont want to go down the route of vlcd like last time to kickstart my weightloss x

I have clinical depression as well, you are not alone. The thing is weight can come off anytime, i was so stressed and obessed about my weight last week but now changed my attitude if I do put on 3 stone it can come off, I am just getting through it and not get so stressed over stuff. I am on quitypine and sertaline as well and psych said fine to stay where I am with meds :)
For me its not as much as the weight but my tummy, i have always put on weight on my tummy and even after losing so much weight because my tummy is still so big i am still a size 20 whereas the rest of my body is 18. My tummy is really big again and its not just baby its all my weight too thats going on there because the rest of my body still looks almost the same and i had some horrible experiances after having my baby last time because of my tummy. One of my horrible aunties has the audacity to say wheres your tummy going and when i said to her what do you expect after 3 kinds and she just said my niece's tummy is fine and she has had 2 children! She was meant to have to me to pay respects for my dad dying as it had been around 15 days since he had died and instead she was just blurting her poison. After having my second daughter my husbands manager still thought i was pregnant and asked our you still pregnant and was left really red faced when i pointed to the bottom of the pram where she was but i know he didnt say it maliciously but these things affect me really badly. I am not on any anti-depression drugs but if i dont sort myself out i may well be on them because my depressive moods after i have had my children have affected everyone really badly and put a huge strain on my marriage so i need to take action now to stop that frm happening hopefully x

That's exactly how I feel I want to enjoy the first few weeks but if I'm constantly wearing baggy clothes and feeling far I know I'll get depressed! I'm joining SW this week either weds/thurs! Let me know how you get on a class this week I'm looking forward to going back but Im not seeing my midwife for 3 weeks so I don't be able to get the form completed till then! X
I had a word with the new c and she wasnt too happy to do shift work because she said it will be tough for me to miss a week but i said i have no choice but to do it that way until my husband decides if he wants to do one shift or the other. So cant wait to rejoin now on thursday morning and my new c sounds really good too x

I had a word with the new c and she wasnt too happy to do shift work because she said it will be tough for me to miss a week but i said i have no choice but to do it that way until my husband decides if he wants to do one shift or the other. So cant wait to rejoin now on thursday morning and my new c sounds really good too x

Oh well that's good then even if it ends up being fortnightly its better than no class at all :) x

OMG my legs! :-( they are so heavy and uncomfortable! I've hardly slept for 3 nights I should be totally flat out but I can't switch off :-( boo I always have a crap food day when I've not slept! I'm joining SW class tonight though so fingers crossed from tomorrow I will be back on the straight and narrow! :)

OMG my legs! :-( they are so heavy and uncomfortable! I've hardly slept for 3 nights I should be totally flat out but I can't switch off :-( boo I always have a crap food day when I've not slept! I'm joining SW class tonight though so fingers crossed from tomorrow I will be back on the straight and narrow! :)

My hips hurt sooooo bad been up since 2 am in such awful pain x

Well I weighed myself today (6 days Post baby) and am 11'6 (I was 12'13 the day before I went in to labour). I was 10'2 before baby so still quite a while to go :( xx

Well I weighed myself today (6 days Post baby) and am 11'6 (I was 12'13 the day before I went in to labour). I was 10'2 before baby so still quite a while to go :( xx
You have done well, you will get that little extra off in no time x

So I have rejoined group today and weighed 14st3lbs which is a gain of 1st8.5lbs! I wish i could say it was baby gain but i think most of it is the junk i have been eating. The new group to me seems so much more better but only time will tell for sure. It was meant to be a on plan day but by the time i got home from weigh in i was starbing and just ate everything in sight even though i too a naval orange, banana and alpen light so will have to be more prepared next time i weigh in in 2 weeks time. I will be 100% on plan tomorrow as i really want to be back in those 13s in 2 weeks weigh in x

My hips hurt sooooo bad been up since 2 am in such awful pain x

It's tough isn't it!!! I went to the drop in clinic to chat to my midwife because Im getting seriously run down! I've got a stinking cold and now coldsores which are so painful getting run down! I'd feel loads better if I had a good nights sleep!

Back