Pregnancy and Slimming World

So I have rejoined group today and weighed 14st3lbs which is a gain of 1st8.5lbs! I wish i could say it was baby gain but i think most of it is the junk i have been eating. The new group to me seems so much more better but only time will tell for sure. It was meant to be a on plan day but by the time i got home from weigh in i was starbing and just ate everything in sight even though i too a naval orange, banana and alpen light so will have to be more prepared next time i weigh in in 2 weeks time. I will be 100% on plan tomorrow as i really want to be back in those 13s in 2 weeks weigh in x

I rejoined group tonight I didn't stay perhaps I should if done but I was so hungry so I chatted to the consultant and left! I've got the form for my midwife so will get that sorted! Been shopping and got loads if SW foods in! I've got I've lollies as a daily treat other than that it's free foods all the way :) good luck with it! I've gained just over 2 stone!! I reckon about 7-10lbs is water and baby but the rest is just fat tut tut! Did your consultant say you are ok to lose weight? Or have you joined to maintain your size now? I want to lose some but still be eating plenty it's not like a vlcd! I've been trying to find out info on the Internet but everyone just says you should not diet! But SW isn't a diet it's a healthy eating for life plan!!!

I think SW is ok and if you lose a few lbs healthily i think it's great :) some people just like to say how it's such a bad idea. X

I think SW is ok and if you lose a few lbs healthily i think it's great :) some people just like to say how it's such a bad idea. X

Yeah that's what I thought! I can completely see how vlcd's are bad for pregnancy but not healthy eating! Anyway I'm going to give it a good going :)

My c didnt say anything about sw and being pregnant, all the information i know is from their website and minimins. I found this in my last group aswell when i told my c she didnt give me any info on following sw while pregnant as the 2 hex's have just come in last year after i had my son who is now 1 so i would have just been having my usual 1 hexa and b if it wasnt for minimins. The c seemed good but i hope it lasts because i really need to keep going to group to control my overeating. The advice that i have read recently is that losing weight during pregnancy isnt seen as a bad thing anymore and some people are now actively advised to lose some or either maintain but it all depends on how overweight you are. I am hoping to lose weight and realistically looking to stay within the 13s as i know i wont be able to get back into the 12s while i'm pregnant. My only downfall that i can really see apart from cravings is my back pain. When i get bad like today i cant even stand to cook so wondering if i should go to the docs and get something strong for it like co codomol or just lump it because today i have just been relying on bread and pizza because i dont need to stand and cook it!

My c didnt say anything about sw and being pregnant, all the information i know is from their website and minimins. I found this in my last group aswell when i told my c she didnt give me any info on following sw while pregnant as the 2 hex's have just come in last year after i had my son who is now 1 so i would have just been having my usual 1 hexa and b if it wasnt for minimins. The c seemed good but i hope it lasts because i really need to keep going to group to control my overeating. The advice that i have read recently is that losing weight during pregnancy isnt seen as a bad thing anymore and some people are now actively advised to lose some or either maintain but it all depends on how overweight you are. I am hoping to lose weight and realistically looking to stay within the 13s as i know i wont be able to get back into the 12s while i'm pregnant. My only downfall that i can really see apart from cravings is my back pain. When i get bad like today i cant even stand to cook so wondering if i should go to the docs and get something strong for it like co codomol or just lump it because today i have just been relying on bread and pizza because i dont need to stand and cook it!

Yeah the only info I've got is off here and online! My consultant is new and just gave me a little booklet! I know what you mean about the pain thing I have a twisted pelvis from an accident years ago and as soon as I hit a certain weight it kicks off I'm over that weight now!!! But when I lose weight it's less pressure on my back so hopefully the weight loss will help your back too! I'm currently 14.12 I'm hoping to get back into the 13s whilst pregnant then get back to the 10s for my wedding next May no pressure haha! I've been and stocked up my cupboards with all SW friendly food so I'm prepared just got to get tough with myself and say no to crap!!! I hope you enjoy this group I'm sure you will I like trying new groups :)

Lol i have a load of sw food rotting away just need to chuck the crap out tonight. My back prob has seemed to get worse with the more weight i lose, before it was a vitamin d deficiency but i've just recently had my bloods checked and vit d was normal so i dont know what it could be. I know if i go to the docs they will just give me co codomol as i wont be able to have a x ray until after baby and i really dont want to take co codomol but if it gets worse that will be my only route x

Lol i have a load of sw food rotting away just need to chuck the crap out tonight. My back prob has seemed to get worse with the more weight i lose, before it was a vitamin d deficiency but i've just recently had my bloods checked and vit d was normal so i dont know what it could be. I know if i go to the docs they will just give me co codomol as i wont be able to have a x ray until after baby and i really dont want to take co codomol but if it gets worse that will be my only route x

That's crap but if the pain gets worse too have to take them! There's no pint being in agony if you can take something for it! My dad had a calcium and vit d deficiency he started eating then calcium yoghurts I can't think of the name they are on the TV at the mo the ones with vit d in them, think they will be low syns! Perhaps try them or some other food source :) x

OMG best nights sleep in months! Ladies if you are struggling with your leg cramps and heaviness!!!!! Then get yourselves to dunelm and buy the bolster pillow it's a full length body pillow amazing I placed it under my bump and between my legs to take some pressure off! Amazing honestly what a difference! It's abit of a farce when you want to turn over though ha but still so glad I bought it! It was £13.99 do loads cheaper than the maternity ones! :)

I got one of those pillows at mothercare when is shut in eastbourne. I hate it :( I so badly want to love them x

Mines brill but my oh is away till Sunday night so I have loads of room in the bed not too sure how I'll get on when he's back because the pillow is huge!

I'm back on plan 100% today! Going to start a food diary in the diary section on here to keep me on the straight and narrow :)

Can I just double check, for our healthy extras is it 2 from the 1 list and 2 from the b list? i cant understand this book, i can see two 2 choices but unsure of the b's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks with me but I feel so hungry!!!! I've eaten loads of free foods and drank over 2 litres if water already do I know it's not thirst! Just think its me and I've been stuck in the house I'm still full of a cold and covered in coldsores so have been working from home!!

I'm really poorly with migraines and I have just gotten back from docs and I have a uti :( so just kicking back on couch x

I'm really poorly with migraines and I have just gotten back from docs and I have a uti :( so just kicking back on couch x

Crap isn't it I've had a banging headache for ages! The only thing that helps me is paracetamols and a cold, dark room! Kick back, relax and drink plenty :)

Back