Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi Ladies
Just wanted to ask a few questions. I have just found out Im pregnant only early days (4 weeks) but Im the heaviest Ive been in a long time! I dont want to pile on more pounds whilst pregnant.

I moved to Australia over eight months ago and weighed about a stone less than I weigh now! I thought Id be eating lovely salads and BBQs but Ive gorged on all sorts and now feel fatter than ever! So here I am back at SW, its worked for me before and I know you can use it whilst pregnant, so thought Id try again.

But I have a few questions. Now I know that we will gain some weight whilst pregnant and that is fine, but has anyone lost weight with SW in the early stages of pregnancy and then as the pregnancy went on stayed fairly steady? I know its not good to "diet" whilst pregnant, but SW isnt really like that and thats what I like about it. Its just I feel so big at the moment that if I could lose a stone and stay at that level I know I would feel so much more comfortable. I plan to walk for half an hour everyday, no excuses! And as the pregnancy progresses do we need to increase any of our HEBs or HEAs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Hi Ladies
Just wanted to ask a few questions. I have just found out Im pregnant only early days (4 weeks) but Im the heaviest Ive been in a long time! I dont want to pile on more pounds whilst pregnant.

I moved to Australia over eight months ago and weighed about a stone less than I weigh now! I thought Id be eating lovely salads and BBQs but Ive gorged on all sorts and now feel fatter than ever! So here I am back at SW, its worked for me before and I know you can use it whilst pregnant, so thought Id try again.

But I have a few questions. Now I know that we will gain some weight whilst pregnant and that is fine, but has anyone lost weight with SW in the early stages of pregnancy and then as the pregnancy went on stayed fairly steady? I know its not good to "diet" whilst pregnant, but SW isnt really like that and thats what I like about it. Its just I feel so big at the moment that if I could lose a stone and stay at that level I know I would feel so much more comfortable. I plan to walk for half an hour everyday, no excuses! And as the pregnancy progresses do we need to increase any of our HEBs or HEAs?

Thanks

Hiya congratulations on your pregnancy x
I am 22 weeks and did lose weight until 7 weeks ago when i fell off the wagon. I have gained 1st8lbs in those 7 weeks of not following sw so i'm back to it and taking it a day at time. Its 2 hex a and b for pregnant women x

I'm eating grapes like sweets, really have a taste for them this pregnancy! Luckily my husband doesn't like grapes if he did and stole mine, he may be losing a few fingers lol :)

My husband is supposdly pregnant too and craves the same as me and i'm not even joking, last night he was having a midnight feast of toast which was exactly what i wanted but didnt have! X

My husband is supposdly pregnant too and craves the same as me and i'm not even joking, last night he was having a midnight feast of toast which was exactly what i wanted but didnt have! X

Lol!! They're like telepathic cravings! X

Hi Ladies

Thanks

Congrats on your great news! Sorry i am of no help. We are starting ttc so no use to you! But wanted to say huge congrats x

Ha safia thats brill bout the cravings!

Hi Ladies

Thanks

:welcome:& congrats on yer pregnancy! I'm almost 20wks n so far I'v gained 6lb. As a "maintainer" I wasn't expectin 2 lose any weight so I'm just tryin 2 keep my gain 2 a healthy minimum by stickin 2 plan as best I can. Like most of the ladies here I ave good days n bad days tho! I wish u a happy, healthy pregnancy n every sucess wif SW! The support on here is fab so make use of us when u need us hun! :) xx

Hey ladies :)
Im currently 19 weeks pregnant and starting (again) on SW. Is it true that you can have 2 HEXB's and 2 HEXA's on EE? Im doing this alone from home you see so have no other support.
Thanks!

Im currently 19 weeks pregnant and starting (again) on SW. Is it true that you can have 2 HEXB's and 2 HEXA's on EE? Im doing this alone from home you see so have no other support.
Thanks!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, i'm 23 weeks pregnant with a girl x yes its 2 hex a and b for pregnant women x

Thanks!

:welcome:n congrats on yer pregnancy! I'm almost 20wks so we'r quite close! As Safia says it's 2 HXA's n 2 HXB's when yer pregnant. I also do SW from home n find the support/info here totally invaluable! Hope u ave a happy, healthy pregnancy n good luck wif SW hun! xx

How jealous am I that you've only gained 6lbs so far that's brill!! Well done! Go you! :) xx

Well I'v really been tryin not 2 cave in2 temption n keep my eatin in check as much as poss but I won't deny it's been REALLY difficult! lol!I generally manage a few days on plan n then end up avin a blow out day. I'm sure it won't b long tho til the lbs creep on tho if I don't give myself a good kick up the butt! lol! :D

Well I'v really been tryin not 2 cave in2 temption n keep my eatin in check as much as poss but I won't deny it's been REALLY difficult! lol!I generally manage a few days on plan n then end up avin a blow out day. I'm sure it won't b long tho til the lbs creep on tho if I don't give myself a good kick up the butt! lol! :D

Well it sounds like you're doing brilliant so far, need a bit of your willpower and motivation to rub onto me please :) x

You'll be really thankful to yourself when you have no weight gain after your little bubba is born. Well done you!! X

Have a terrible flu, is there anything you can take whilst pregnant?

Awwww book it's pants isn't it! I was just taking paracetamols and drinking loads of honey, lemon in hit water! Oh my local chemist said it was ok to suck halls soothers! I know they do some natural ones on boots that help with decongestion I'm just not sure if their name! Hope you feel better soon :)

Ok so after a stressful couple of days my healthy eating plan went right out of the window because my routine was shot so I was going upto 6hours without eating which then ended up in binging! Tut tut however I think I've lost a couple of poi Ds so my hard work last week will have paid off will know more tomorrow when I weigh myself woop

Ok so after a stressful couple of days my healthy eating plan went right out of the window because my routine was shot so I was going upto 6hours without eating which then ended up in binging! Tut tut however I think I've lost a couple of poi Ds so my hard work last week will have paid off will know more tomorrow when I weigh myself woop
I'm the same if i dont eat at the right time i just binge, its like i been starving for weeks!
Baby has now decided she wants to spend the night dancing away and so takes me ages to get to sleep and on top of that my son wont get out of my bed so i get quite a few kicks from him too x

I'm the same if i dont eat at the right time i just binge, its like i been starving for weeks!
Baby has now decided she wants to spend the night dancing away and so takes me ages to get to sleep and on top of that my son wont get out of my bed so i get quite a few kicks from him too x

U ave my sympathy hun! My wee one seems 2 b wrigglin almost constantly these days! :D

Back