Pregnancy and Slimming World

My first pregnancy was the worst, with heartburn, nausea and spd! Every pregnancy after that became easier its just the labour that has got worse even though my second labour was the best. I'm dreading this labour! This time round the dreaded spd hasnt started and i only get heartburn if i eat junk whereas in my first pregnancy even water would give me heartburn!
The sickness bug is finally leaving the house but did have to take me daughter into the hospital walk in centre on thursday as she has refused water and food for 2 days sp thankfully after she was checked over she was fine not yet dehydrated but was told to bring her in again if she didnt start eating and drinking in 2 days but the 3 hour wait did tire her out so much that she started to eat and drink a little the next day to avoid another hospital trip and is now ok. Just my son left but i think the bug is leaving him too as he has eaten a bit today. Still not back on sw and looks like i wont be either for the next week as i'm off to my mums tomorrow a trip i dread and so didnt want to do but she's got her way again! x

I know that feeling! The only thing that touches mine is the gaviscon cool! And it's the bloody most expensive I got some tablets off the doctors but you can only take 1 every 10 days which freaked me out abit as they must be super strong so I know gaviscon doesn't cause any problems! Milk sometimes help, I totally understand how tough it is! I teach so when I'm trying to talk sometimes the heart burn can be that bad it takes my breath! :( boo! But other than this and the achy legs my pregnancy is great I shouldn't complain really, some really struggle with sickness and all sorts :/

Can you not get gaviscon cool on prescription? It's free then if you use your maternity card xx

Hope he's on the mend soon, horrible when you see them ill xx

He's worse, off to the docs at 2:50 or will take him straight to the hospital if he gets worse before than. His temp wont go down even after calpol and he's thrashing about from fever trying to sleep but he's burning up so cant get to sleep, this has been going on all night :(

He's worse, off to the docs at 2:50 or will take him straight to the hospital if he gets worse before than. His temp wont go down even after calpol and he's thrashing about from fever trying to sleep but he's burning up so cant get to sleep, this has been going on all night :(

Oh Hun, I'm sorry to hear that! Hope the dr can help! :-( poor boy and poor you xx

Gosh I have heartburn achy legs hips and knees have had uti thrush twice bronchitis vomiting bug 5lb loss in two days!! I can't keep this up!! X

Crickey you've had a hard time haven't you!!!! Really hope your on the mend! The leg thing is bad enough let alone all the other stuff! I'd just climb back into bed and stay there till you feel better :) x

Can you not get gaviscon cool on prescription? It's free then if you use your maternity card xx

I've made a doctors appointment for Friday I'm desperate plus it's costing me alot I'm buying it every week sometimes twice a week so I hope I can get it off the docs xx

OMG I'm fuming! Just rang to make a doctors appointment for something for this heart burn and reflux and the receptionist said I can't make you an appointment until you speak with your midwife then book an appointment! How stupid surely a doctor can prescribe me something it's pathetic I'm so annoyed its costing me a fortune every week!!! Arghhh

OMG I'm fuming! Just rang to make a doctors appointment for something for this heart burn and reflux and the receptionist said I can't make you an appointment until you speak with your midwife then book an appointment! How stupid surely a doctor can prescribe me something it's pathetic I'm so annoyed its costing me a fortune every week!!! Arghhh

What a load of crap!!! My hub just did me a repeat script form without me seeing doc and they gave it to me :( one measley bottle though!! X

What a load of crap!!! My hub just did me a repeat script form without me seeing doc and they gave it to me :( one measley bottle though!! X

Well after 3 phone calls and a letter of complaint I finally got seen at 4pm I got some good tablets that should help! But that receptionist needs sorting out because my doctor, midwife and the staff there could not understand why I had to speak with my midwife first! I am changing doctors I find that surgery so unprofessional

Well i bit the bullet and went back to group. Not half as bad as i was expecting. Just 3lb on so far - god knows how????
My consultant was new so the regional rap was there meaning she had loads of advice. She'd followed the plan last year when pregnant and only gained 8lb, she was about 12st ish to begin with.
They will not comment on any gains and said the midwife should give me a weight gain limit. Hope to shift a couple of pounds in the last few weeks of my first trimester then see about damage limitation!!

Hi everyone *waves*

I've been reading for a wee while now but couldn't comment cause I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant. I joined SW again this week & haven't been 100% but I have synned etc so it's not too bad.I'm finding following EE all the time hard as I did quite like red days. I'm 13 weeks & had my 12 week scan this week. I took my kids with me & the oldest loved it. She's been so excited about getting a baby.
I was very ill but that has eased a bit now. I had lost over a stone as I couldn't eat then when I did, up it came. From I've managed food again my weight has gone up. So far I don't think I'm past the weight I started at so hoping to keep gain to a minimum. I'm normally not too bad when pregnant but I find the weight piles on afterwards as I have to have sections which take me months to recover from so I'm hoping SW will be second nature & I won't balloon this time.

So I think that's a bit about me. Congratulations to everyone on here & I look forward to interacting with you all now. It'll be good to have others to complain to,lol :)

Hi everyone *waves*

I've been reading for a wee while now but couldn't comment cause I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant. I joined SW again this week & haven't been 100% but I have synned etc so it's not too bad.I'm finding following EE all the time hard as I did quite like red days. I'm 13 weeks & had my 12 week scan this week. I took my kids with me & the oldest loved it. She's been so excited about getting a baby.
I was very ill but that has eased a bit now. I had lost over a stone as I couldn't eat then when I did, up it came. From I've managed food again my weight has gone up. So far I don't think I'm past the weight I started at so hoping to keep gain to a minimum. I'm normally not too bad when pregnant but I find the weight piles on afterwards as I have to have sections which take me months to recover from so I'm hoping SW will be second nature & I won't balloon this time.

So I think that's a bit about me. Congratulations to everyone on here & I look forward to interacting with you all now. It'll be good to have others to complain to,lol :)

Hello there, congratulations! I'm 26weeks and have gained a good 2 stone, I did t get any sickness or Illness whatsoever and have an appetite like a horse! I'm rejoining class tonight as I too may have to have section, plus I'm getting married 10 months after giving birth so it's all go! Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hello there, congratulations! I'm 26weeks and have gained a good 2 stone, I did t get any sickness or Illness whatsoever and have an appetite like a horse! I'm rejoining class tonight as I too may have to have section, plus I'm getting married 10 months after giving birth so it's all go! Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Thank you. My weight definitely goes on after. This will be my 3rd section (none by choice). I was supposed to be getting married 3 months after the section so we have postponed for a year as I won't have recovered in time. Congrats on your upcoming wedding & baby xo

Back