Pregnancy and Slimming World

Afternoon all!

Just back from hospital - had a really good experience - had my 12 week appointment and was not booked to have a scan but I said how anxious and scared I was because of previous mc's and they gave me scan! They were all so lovely and bean waved!

Back to work now catch you all later x x x

Aw, glad it went well - was wondering how you got on! Do you have a due date yet? I bet we're not far apart!

Seeing little bean is amazing isn't it, just the best feeling. We could only just see little on the scan cos it wasn't very clear until he/she started jumping about - sounds like you got a really good view! xxx

Been to dentists, root canal has definitely failed :/ Only option is to pull it out cos they can't X-ray me. And they won't touch it until I'm well into the 2nd trimester so going back early July for the extraction. Got some antibiotics and had a clean too, my guns bleed like nothing on earth, yuk! :( xxx

Aww can you not use corsodyl to calm the bleeding gums down, my husband gets sensitive gums from time to time and corsodyl does the trick usually until he gets his lazy behind to the dentist for a clean x

Afternoon all!

Just back from hospital - had a really good experience - had my 12 week appointment and was not booked to have a scan but I said how anxious and scared I was because of previous mc's and they gave me scan! They were all so lovely and bean waved!

Aw kez - that is just fantastic news :)

Yeah I will do I forgot about fybogel I've been told I can have that so going to asda chemist in a mo! I've had a bath to try and ease the back ache it's helped abit! I'm not at class anymore so can't get scan bran! I had a tif with the consultant because she said I can only have 4 or 6 weeks off in total same as everyone else which just irritates me! But there's a new class opening up in August I'm going to try that one :) x

You can get scan bran from Holland and Barrett, thats where i usually get my supply from. I'm not happy with my group either but have no alternative unless a new one opens near me :( x

Afternoon all!

Glad to hear everything went well x

Crazy- yay so glad you got to see your baby.

Gemmalina, great news on your bloods!

Missy, I had an abscess all through my 2nd pg, I had a root canal afterwards. I hope the pain eases soon.

I'm eating way too much to keep the nausea under control.

Crazy- yay so glad you got to see your baby.

Gemmalina, great news on your bloods!

Missy, I had an abscess all through my 2nd pg, I had a root canal afterwards. I hope the pain eases soon.

I'm eating way too much to keep the nausea under control.

I seem to be starving today! I've eaten a lot of fruit and tried to make good choices but have eaten 20 syns already. Need to incorporate more free foods into the day.

I seem to be starving today! I've eaten a lot of fruit and tried to make good choices but have eaten 20 syns already. Need to incorporate more free foods into the day.

Same problem I've been having - my appetite is insanely huge of late! x

Well just for back from check up at the dentist and was told to not over eat fruit as it ruins your teeth!!!!! Wtf!!!! How? I asked its something to do with the acidic in natural fruits! He said a couple of whole pieces a day is fine but no more than 2-3 never mush them eat them whole! Was told to opt for green veg to snack on instead! Yikes!!!
When following SW if always scoffed more fruit than veg but the enamel on the back on my teeth is now baring thin so that explains it!! Will re-look at this diet malarkey once baby is here in a few weeks! I've got carrot sticks and beans to snack on :( ummmm yum!!!! Not!!!! I just want chocolate :-(

Thanks everyone for your support - I feel so much more relaxed now and it makes such a difference with health professionals being considerate. My due date is 10th December - feel real now!

Been to dentists, root canal has definitely failed :/ Only option is to pull it out cos they can't X-ray me. And they won't touch it until I'm well into the 2nd trimester so going back early July for the extraction. Got some antibiotics and had a clean too, my guns bleed like nothing on earth, yuk! :( xxx

Glad you got some antibiotics and have a plan x x

Thanks everyone for your support - I feel so much more relaxed now and it makes such a difference with health professionals being considerate. My due date is 10th December - feel real now!

That's my old due date lol, mine is now 14th Dec as they decided I was only 11+3 at the scan instead of 12+1 :(

Glad you got some antibiotics and have a plan x x

I feel really odd about taking them but I guess it's better than having an infection! Worried about the extraction too and miffed off tbh as turns out that if old dentist had put a crown on it in the first place I probably wouldn't have this issue now! Old dentist has 'left', got the impression it was under bad terms. New dentist couldn't believe she'd not put a crown over the root canal. And now I'm stuck having to have a tooth out at bloody 5 months pregnant, they can't leave it until after baby as it will just reinfect :(

Last edited:
Hello girls :)

Can I join you all?
I found out saturday that I'm pregnant on saturday and due 3rd feb according to my dates! Want to stick to plan but not happening :(

Xx

Can I join you all?
I found out saturday that I'm pregnant on saturday and due 3rd feb according to my dates! Want to stick to plan but not happening :(

Xx

Oh my god!! That was quick... I'm not last any more :D

Hannah - congrats and you are very welcome. We are delighted to have you.

Hannah - go ahead and add your name to the list:

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Mama - 17th October (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January

Maybe you will go late and have a baby born on Christmas Day ;)

That would be crazy! I hope not though, I always thought how I'd hate it if my birthday was on Xmas day lol ;)

Can I join you all?

Xx

Congratulations! It's mega hard sticking to plan, I'm doing really badly at the moment but hoping to get back on it soon :) xxx

Back