Pregnancy and Slimming World

I take fluxotine but been told they're given outside the licence in pregnant women. Been lowered to 20mg but worried whether to carry on with them but there's noway I can sink into depression again x

I take fluxotine but been told they're given outside the licence in pregnant women. Been lowered to 20mg but worried whether to carry on with them but there's noway I can sink into depression again x

I have never been on antidepressants but i know they only give you medication like that while you are pregnant because the benefits outweigh the risks for your health and wellbeing. I would go back to your gp and have a talk about your worries regarding the medication and see what they say hun x

:( Had a bad day today. Was like a walking zombie that even my husband said go and rest. Its been 2 nights since my oldest daughter has kept me up because she has tummy bug, just hope it doesnt get passed on to me or my other children otherwise i think i will be having many more sleepless nights!

I have never been on antidepressants but i know they only give you medication like that while you are pregnant because the benefits outweigh the risks for your health and wellbeing. I would go back to your gp and have a talk about your worries regarding the medication and see what they say hun x

That's it - if they think it's better for your health for you to have the medication than not they'll do it. I don't take it now but was taking sertraline and diazipam for many years and I know when we discussed what would happen if I got pregnant then they said that they'd def keep me on the sertraline if they felt I needed it on a lower dosage perhaps as the most common ssri's (including sertraline and fluoxetine) are considered to be ok during pregnancy. Definitely speak to your GP or midwife if you're worried though xxx

:( Had a bad day today. Was like a walking zombie that even my husband said go and rest. Its been 2 nights since my oldest daughter has kept me up because she has tummy bug, just hope it doesnt get passed on to me or my other children otherwise i think i will be having many more sleepless nights!

Bless you, hope you managed to get some sleep and the bug doesn't get passed on! xxx

I'm 12 weeks today (again)! I want another scan now, feel kinda weird that I ended up telling everyone prior to 12 weeks because of the date change and now I'm 12 weeks and have no idea if everything is ok or not! Feels really weird :/

Had a really grim day yesterday with lots of nausea, came from nowhere as I've been a lot better of late. Actually had a healthy dinner for once though (not cooked by me I might add!), went to visit my mum and she cooked us a cottage pie with lots of veg as she's worried I'm not eating properly bless her ;) It looked grim as owt when I was thinking about eating it but once I got started it was actually really nice and I felt much better for eating something healthy.

Gonna try a bit harder this weekend I think. Might even try to cook something! Need to push myself a bit harder and not just wimp out, I mean what would I do if I didn't have husband? Or I already had kids? I'd have to cook no matter how rubbish I felt...

Hope everyone + bumps are doing ok xxx

Morning Everyone!

Hope you are all ok! I'm at my in laws this weekend - been awake two hours already - why is if when I can have a lie in in the weekend I'm always awake early!

Well I told people at this after my scan this week and they have all been so lovely - I'm starting to relax a bit more now although I keep having crazy dreams about things going wrong!

I have been shocking this week SW wise - need to get back on it I usually weigh in on Mondays but will be away on a course this week so will weigh on Wed - hoping to claw back some of the damage lol

Have a good weekend all x x

I take quetipine and sertaline. Like everyone says if the benefits outweigh the risks then it is fine. I have also been told by my consultant that stopping can be more detrimental. I was only on sertaline with my last pregnancy with my Charles and he turned out fine but only being a little mischievous ;)

Morning Everyone!

Hope you are all ok! I'm at my in laws this weekend - been awake two hours already - why is if when I can have a lie in in the weekend I'm always awake early!

Well I told people at this after my scan this week and they have all been so lovely - I'm starting to relax a bit more now although I keep having crazy dreams about things going wrong!

I have been shocking this week SW wise - need to get back on it I usually weigh in on Mondays but will be away on a course this week so will weigh on Wed - hoping to claw back some of the damage lol

Glad you are more chilled now - I am a bit more chilled but the dates being wrong has really worried me tbh and I'm wondering if we should have waited til next scan to tell everyone the news as I know you're still at an increased risk until 12 weeks and I'm only just 12 weeks today... It's a long way off though and husband was about ready to explode if he didn't say something bless him! And I know I'm over analysing it all but gaaah, I can't help it :/

I've been a bad girl too but after my healthy meal last night I'm gonna try a bit harder with SW! Good luck to us both :) xxx

Hi, can I join you? I restarted back at group this Tuesday as I'm scared of piling on the pounds as this pg seems to be very similar to my first where I laid down 5+ stone. I checked my books and I've put on 9lb since last October, I don't know how much of this is down to Xmas or quitting smoking though. I've just turned 10 weeks.

Hi, can I join you? I restarted back at group this Tuesday as I'm scared of piling on the pounds as this pg seems to be very similar to my first where I laid down 5+ stone. I checked my books and I've put on 9lb since last October, I don't know how much of this is down to Xmas or quitting smoking though. I've just turned 10 weeks.
Hiya and welcome, congratulations on your pregnancy. I am 33 weeks pregnant and have been following sw on and off and can say that in this pregnancy which is my 4th and the only one i have attempted to follow sw i have gained but a lot less than my previous pregnancies x

Glad you are more chilled now - I am a bit more chilled but the dates being wrong has really worried me tbh and I'm wondering if we should have waited til next scan to tell everyone the news as I know you're still at an increased risk until 12 weeks and I'm only just 12 weeks today... It's a long way off though and husband was about ready to explode if he didn't say something bless him! And I know I'm over analysing it all but gaaah, I can't help it :/

I've been a bad girl too but after my healthy meal last night I'm gonna try a bit harder with SW! Good luck to us both :) xxx

You will feel much better once you can feel baby move but until than focus not on the due date being put forward but on seeing a beautiful healthy baby at your scan x i know its hard i was the same in my first pregnancy x

Morning Everyone!

I always wake up early when i go to my mums too. So glad to hear you are more relaxed after your scan, waiting for that 1st scan is always a anxious time. Today has so far been a sw day, the first in ages x

I take quetipine and sertaline. Like everyone says if the benefits outweigh the risks then it is fine. I have also been told by my consultant that stopping can be more detrimental. I was only on sertaline with my last pregnancy with my Charles and he turned out fine but only being a little mischievous ;)

My son is a lot naughtier than his sisters x

Was at my midwife appointment yesterday (avoided the 15/16 week one so was there at 22 week) and she said next time I go she will measure the bump to check progress - she was having a feel and listen to baby when I made some joke about the bump not being all baby (my bMI was just over 30 when I first went)
She said if it wasn't possible to check using bump I would be sent for a scan to check - is this normal? Has anyone else been offered this?

Was at my midwife appointment yesterday (avoided the 15/16 week one so was there at 22 week) and she said next time I go she will measure the bump to check progress - she was having a feel and listen to baby when I made some joke about the bump not being all baby (my bMI was just over 30 when I first went)
She said if it wasn't possible to check using bump I would be sent for a scan to check - is this normal? Has anyone else been offered this?

Yea it is normal usually because they cant feel the position of the baby and determine the size. They also send you if you measure over 3cm or under 3cm for the weeks you are. In my last pregnancy i was measuring large and was sent for a scan which showed baby was actually smaller than average x

Yea it is normal usually because they cant feel the position of the baby and determine the size. They also send you if you measure over 3cm or under 3cm for the weeks you are. In my last pregnancy i was measuring large and was sent for a scan which showed baby was actually smaller than average x

That's good to know thanks :)

She had a feel of my tummy this time and said it felt just right so fingers crossed I won't have to be sent as would mean a trip to the hospital (although on a plus I guess means I get to see baby boy again!' Lol) x

That's good to know thanks :)

She had a feel of my tummy this time and said it felt just right so fingers crossed I won't have to be sent as would mean a trip to the hospital (although on a plus I guess means I get to see baby boy again!' Lol) x

It tends to be a prob with really obese ladies so fingers crossed they wont need to send you unless you want to be sent :) x

Had a good sw day today and feel better for it but have a feeling i will be up for the toilet a lot tonight as i havent had this much water since before i was pregnant x

You will feel much better once you can feel baby move but until than focus not on the due date being put forward but on seeing a beautiful healthy baby at your scan x i know its hard i was the same in my first pregnancy x

It's the 12 weeks thing that has thrown me, I was so excited to reach 12 weeks the first time and then I had to do it again! I wish I had a window so I could see how baby is getting on, I find it so hard not knowing :/ It was amazing to see baby all healthy and jumping about on the scan, just incredible. I keep thinking about that when I feel stressed. Which makes me cry, I can't think about baby for long without getting all teary. I'm a right mess! xxx

Congrats on yer pregnancy n welcome 2 the gang! There's a due date list a few posts back so u cud add yerself 2 the list if u fancy it :)

Back