Pregnancy and Slimming World

That's a bloody good idea! I will post something now to ask them! Yeah I'm abit worried about managing my levels they told me today that I could feel faint and that my levels could drop low so need to be careful!! Anyway will ask and see if anyone can help thanks x

Going too low can make you feel really ill, mum's trick when out and about is to always carry a carton of orange juice and a cereal bar in her handbag for if she goes low - they normally perk her up quickly along with a bit of a sit down :) xxx

Slinky, good luck with the first injection. You'll be fine. Growth charts are notorious for being inaccurate baby may be a lb heavier or lighter. Try not to worry about it too much. So close now hang on in there. So soon you're going to be holding your baby! :-D

Gosh I feel your pain! I'm getting myself all worked up and upset about this! I don't normally mind needles but when your sticking them in yourself rather than having a gp do it! It just doesn't feel quite normal! I've got to inject my thigh doing my 1st one in 15mins!!! Eeek so not looking forward to it at all :-(

You do get used to it and it gets easier - promise x

Going too low can make you feel really ill, mum's trick when out and about is to always carry a carton of orange juice and a cereal bar in her handbag for if she goes low - they normally perk her up quickly along with a bit of a sit down :) xxx

Thanks Hun they told me orange juice and cereal bars so I'll be sure to buy some mini cartons tomorrow and always keep then with me it's a daunting task really is! X

Slinky, good luck with the first injection. You'll be fine. Growth charts are notorious for being inaccurate baby may be a lb heavier or lighter. Try not to worry about it too much. So close now hang on in there. So soon you're going to be holding your baby! :-D

Ohhhweeeee I can't wait to have her here it feels like the longest pregnancy in the world think its because I found our at 3 wks! Yeah I'm not holding my breath with regards to the the weight charts we' just see when she is here what she weighs :) xx

Sorry ladies. It's been so crazy with work I haven't had a chance to get on to post or see how everyone is.

Had my u/s this morning. Sac is measuring 17mm (6.5w) but is completely empty. No fetal bud even or yolk sac. They have referred me to early pregnancy unit in hospital for another scan in a few days to confirm her diagnosis of non-viable pregnancy.

I'm in a bit of a daze.

Hope everyone else is well. Hugs to all

Hi gemmalina

Really sorry to hear this and hope all is OK. However if u need to talk I am here as I suffered a blighted ovum pregnancy which is kind of/could be the same thing where there was a placenta but no baby :'( x

Well I managed to inject insulin last night which initially made me feel sick but I think that was just because I got myself abit worked up about it! Anyway this mornings injection was much easier and hardly bled! Still going to end up looking like a pin cushion can still see the place I injected last night! :-( I just hope it works, I'm going to have a gander in a mo on the diabetes section to see if someone can help me with my food because I'm really struggling with what I can and can't eat and drink so I need advice! Hope everyone has a lovely day in the sunshine :) xx

Slinky I'm glad today was better. X

Today is an excellent day. Dh booked me in for a private scan. I have one very cute beany baby with a heartbeat. Baby is bang on for dates at 7+5. It's so cute!!!!! The dr did show us another sac that was empty -vanishing twin she said which is a bit sad but I've had that before with ds. Just so happy. I don't mind the sickness now because I have hope that it means baby is well.

Attachments

• image-1789282637.jpg
    image-1789282637.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3073557572.jpg
    image-3073557572.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 81

Today is an excellent day. Dh booked me in for a private scan. I have one very cute beany baby with a heartbeat. Baby is bang on for dates at 7+5. It's so cute!!!!! The dr did show us another sac that was empty -vanishing twin she said which is a bit sad but I've had that before with ds. Just so happy. I don't mind the sickness now because I have hope that it means baby is well.

Awwwwww that's brill!! I'm so happy for you bet your relieved now :) time to try and relax and enjoy the positives in pregnancy like you say sickness is just part of it and will hopefully pass in a few weeks :) xx

Wondrerful news. :)))

Hi gemmalina

Really sorry to hear this and hope all is OK. However if u need to talk I am here as I suffered a blighted ovum pregnancy which is kind of/could be the same thing where there was a placenta but no baby :'( x

Thank you Laura. I have another ultrasound tomorrow... I'll post am update.

Awwwwww that's brill!! I'm so happy for you bet your relieved now :) time to try and relax and enjoy the positives in pregnancy like you say sickness is just part of it and will hopefully pass in a few weeks :) xx

Thanks, I hope do these early days are tough. I seem to be eating a lot of weetabix as it stays down.

Aww what good news, you can enjoy your pregnancy a lot more and look forward to your 12 week scan x
Weetabix is a lot better than what i have been scoffing down x

Had my midwife check today and everything is looking good. There were 2 midwifes and the first one couldnt find the heartbeat because little madam was nicely tucked up behind my placenta so the second midwife took over and felt her position which is head down and on the left side of me which explains the left side rib and back pain. She got her neck too and gave her a jiggle lol which she didnt like because i got quite a few kicks, After she knew the position she got the heartbeat straightaway. My tummy is measuring big but when she felt her she said she was small but because of my history of smallish babys she was fine with that. Also thought i would get away with the whooping cough jab but she reminded me to book it on my way out so i have that on tuesday x

Had my midwife check today and everything is looking good. There were 2 midwifes and the first one couldnt find the heartbeat because little madam was nicely tucked up behind my placenta so the second midwife took over and felt her position which is head down and on the left side of me which explains the left side rib and back pain. She got her neck too and gave her a jiggle lol which she didnt like because i got quite a few kicks, After she knew the position she got the heartbeat straightaway. My tummy is measuring big but when she felt her she said she was small but because of my history of smallish babys she was fine with that. Also thought i would get away with the whooping cough jab but she reminded me to book it on my way out so i have that on tuesday x

Bloody hated that jab it's ok when you have it! Doesn't hurt at all, but I found my arm was really swollen and sore for a couple if days afterwards! Glad everything went ok :)

Back