Pregnancy Pregnant with baby number 2, need to stick to plan :) x

Hi girls how is everything going?! X I gained 2lbs in the last 2 weeks but I'm ok with that!! It's my baby shower tonight x I'm so excited!! 3 weighins left until due date but the 3rd one is my due date!! Xx

Aww.. Have a great night tonight.. Hope you get some lovely nicities for the LO...

Oh I'm so jealous u r having one and I am now being stubborn and not having one!!
I could really eat some cake! Hope there is cake there for u lol xx

Oh I'm so jealous u r having one and I am now being stubborn and not having one!!
I could really eat some cake! Hope there is cake there for u lol xx
Baby showers aren't really done at all over here.. Hasn't caught on yet.. lol
Don't think I'd have one tho.. Baby is due to too soon after Christmas.. I'd feel I was putting pressure on ppl to spend money.. And then they buy baby a gift when it arrives too...
Oh I want cake... Box up a piece n send it over??? :D

I'm just gonna let the house work wait until tomorrow and cuddle up on the sofa watching Disney :) x so if I fall asleep I falls sleep lol x I wasn't going to have one x but my mum is too excited so she wanted to organise ones pretty much just close family friends and family x only person missing will be my little sister because she lives 1.5 hours away x but at the end of the month before she goes back to school I might go pick her up and surprise my mum n step dad :) xx

I'm just gonna let the house work wait until tomorrow and cuddle up on the sofa watching Disney :) x so if I fall asleep I falls sleep lol x I wasn't going to have one x but my mum is too excited so she wanted to organise ones pretty much just close family friends and family x only person missing will be my little sister because she lives 1.5 hours away x but at the end of the month before she goes back to school I might go pick her up and surprise my mum n step dad :) xx

That sounds a nice surprise :)

My friends want me to have one - I have a small family anyway so wouldn't b many ppl coming from family. Plus do u have to invite MIL and SIL?? I don't think they would approve.

If someone was throwing me one I would be there but no1 has offered to throw me one lol. I kinda got a vibe that the ladies at work were thinking of having a little dinner celebration for me (working in a primary school with 95% female staff means there's always plenty of people around for cake! ) but of they r too busy I wouldn't mind! I might take cakes in for my last day anyway!! :) xx

I invited my mil x we don't speak much but we do get on x I'm just worried about the opinions and 'advice' when the baby is here I told hubby I won't be listening x she's our first baby and unless I ask for help I want to figure out motherhood for myself x maybe someone is throwing you a surprise one? I hope there is cake tonight x I could happily eat it :) it's not a surprise I'm having one but I don't know anything that is planned xx

I invited my mil x we don't speak much but we do get on x I'm just worried about the opinions and 'advice' when the baby is here I told hubby I won't be listening x she's our first baby and unless I ask for help I want to figure out motherhood for myself x maybe someone is throwing you a surprise one? I hope there is cake tonight x I could happily eat it :) it's not a surprise I'm having one but I don't know anything that is planned xx

Make sure u take some pics then!! :) xx

My mum is full of advice - I just listen to what I want to hear! Her biggest bugbear is nappies!! She doesn't agree with using disposable ones all the time and keeps telling me where I can buy reusable ones. When I go back to work she is looking after the little man so she can use them then - that's all I've said about it! Lol. Both sets of parents also think we are buying too much and spoiling him already. Stupid comments like 'why have u got your cot so soon? The baby will be in his Moses basket for a few months...' 'Oh u have bought the pram? That's bad luck!' 'A bouncy chair? U should have waited and maybe someone would have bought u one' - the fact we didn't want to wait and wanted to use money we had saved to be prepared doesn't sink in! Plus it's our first so we have nothing! We needed everything! There are still lots of bits to buy!! :)

Enjoy tonight!! Xx

My dad was like this person I know swears by reusable nappies x my opinion is they have too much time on their hands! Lol x our nursery is done the pram came months ago n we bought everything we wanted x so what if people buy uou StuffIt might not be what you want xx

I have to say I want to buy everything myself.. My friend is buying us our moses basket, I've objected til I was blue in the face but she's not listening.. But.. She has told me to find one we (me and BF) like and tell her where it is... So its still our choice.. Which I'm happy with..
Everything else.. its our first baby and I want everything my way, my choice, my taste... I might listen to BF if he agrees with my choices LOL... But I don't want someone else picking out the important things (pram/cot/chairs etc)
If ppl ask what can they buy me, i'll tell them well i've picked this this and this if you'd like to pick up one of those.. But otherwise.. Just give baby a mothercare voucher.. It won't be wasted... Or white babygros'... Apparrently I'll never have enough of them...

My Mam was a legend.. She never interferred and only ever gave her opinion when it was asked for.. She had the butting in from my Nana when she had her first baby and it drove her insane biting her tongue.. So she vowed then to never give an opinion unless its asked for..
My BF's mother however is ALWAYS "mentioning" to me what his SIL and brother are doing with their little boy and ways they're doing things.. "when really they should..........................."
I just keep saying "ah yea but they have their own way and it seems to be working" with a smile.. When really I'd rather say MIND YER BUSINESS!!!

The day he was born his mammy had an awful labour and had to stay in recovery for 24hours.. So his Daddy was left holding the baby.. literally!! N didn't have a clue about winding, feeding, changing... Nothing.. Like most men until they become Daddy's.. Anyway he was doing a great job when we got to the hospital.. Feeding away and went to wind him.. But his Mam (baby's granny) was like "Oh give him here. I'll do it. You look real awkward" Then winded baby, finished his feed. Changed him. Then Martin (BF's brother) took him back, wrapped him and lay back in the crib.. As soon as Martin left the room to go check on his wife.. BF's Mam whipped the baby up and wrapped the way she thought it should be done.. I was like "even THINK about doing that to my baby n i'll swing for ya" (We were TTC at the time)

Lol that's exactly how I feel things will be .. Hubby's an only child so our children will be his mums only grandchildren x but at the end of the day if she does anything I don't approve of I'll make it very clear! Something's tells me she never really approved of me because he is no longer a mummy's boy and we have our own lives x she always tried to interfere with wedding plans but so far she's not really said much about the baby but she keeps knitting outfits which aren't very nice! Hubby told her we don't want knitted stuff but she's now even got her sister knitting horrible things! But at he end of the day it's a waste of time and money but we've already told her we don't want it! And then she tells us what names she likes or doesn't like x we don't care and we have our name picked and if she didn't like it we wouldn't change it :) x ahh I sound like such a cow haha x but like I said she's my baby x I didn't wanna tell her went we go into labour because I don't want the whole world knowing until she's here x and when we told her we were pregnant (she rudely asked if it was a surprised!!!!) we told her to not tell anyone as I hadn't told my nan or anyone only parents and she told her sister and god knows who else! But we have to tell her when we go to hospital because we need someone to have the dog :( xx

Lol that's exactly how I feel things will be .. Hubby's an only child so our children will be his mums only grandchildren x but at the end of the day if she does anything I don't approve of I'll make it very clear! Something's tells me she never really approved of me because he is no longer a mummy's boy and we have our own lives x she always tried to interfere with wedding plans but so far she's not really said much about the baby but she keeps knitting outfits which aren't very nice! Hubby told her we don't want knitted stuff but she's now even got her sister knitting horrible things! But at he end of the day it's a waste of time and money but we've already told her we don't want it! And then she tells us what names she likes or doesn't like x we don't care and we have our name picked and if she didn't like it we wouldn't change it :) x ahh I sound like such a cow haha x but like I said she's my baby x I didn't wanna tell her went we go into labour because I don't want the whole world knowing until she's here x and when we told her we were pregnant (she rudely asked if it was a surprised!!!!) we told her to not tell anyone as I hadn't told my nan or anyone only parents and she told her sister and god knows who else! But we have to tell her when we go to hospital because we need someone to have the dog :( xx
No you don't sound like a right anything.. I feel the same.. I think coz my Mam was very much the opposite, interferance really gets to me.. Although my BF's Mam hasn't really said much (to me) about anything..
Even when we did ask her opinion on decisions for the house n stuff she kinda only half gave it.. For fear of saying the wrong thing.. She's not an awful MIL (not that she's my MIL) but she seems to have an opinion on how her DIL handle situations with their kids.. Never comments on how her DD brings up her kids tho (actually that just dawned on me as I was typing.. Hadn't noticed before)
Like, I know I'll have lotza questions when baby gets here and I know some of them will probably be really obvious when thought about logically.. And she will be my first port of call (my Mam is no longer with us) but if I don't ask.. I don't wana know.. Its my first baby but I am fairly clued in on babies as I have 5 nieces n nephews that I played a big part in their lives when they were small.. So feeding n changing n bathing etc isn't new to me.. I don't claim I'll know it all... But when I need help/advice.. I'll ask...

Actually... Maybe you do sound like a right cow n I am too, which is why I don't think you do ha ha ha.. Maybe we're both right cows LOL

Hi girls how are you all today x I'm shattered x last night was amazing x like a really girly night in with close friends and family I got loads of lovely presents x my mum made me the cutest cake x just need to write out thank you cards x I'm feeling so excited now and well topped up on baby products lol xx

Hi girls how are you all today x I'm shattered x last night was amazing x like a really girly night in with close friends and family I got loads of lovely presents x my mum made me the cutest cake x just need to write out thank you cards x I'm feeling so excited now and well topped up on baby products lol xx
Aww.. Great you had such a good night :)

Sounds amazing!!! Glad u had a good time!! X

So 3.5 weeks left and I can't think about anything else in 6 weeks time no matter what ill deffo have a baby x food hasn't been amazing this week but I'm on it for the weekend now :) x

Back