Pretty little blue Pill!!!- the fight to the end!!!!!

As long as you're careful then hun, seems like a few of us are drawing that line today :)

I wanted to ask you.. do you use dumbells or kettlebells? what's the best to use?

I really want to start the toning up process, it won't make much difference at the moment, but doing it won't hurt, and strength training helps the losses too, so i need to advice on what you think i should be doing, or is there a decent dvd that does a lot of strength training?

Good luck tonight hun

Lou xx

well there is great debate on which is better, but personally, i use dumbells.. and you pretty much can do all you can do with kettle bells, with them so they for me personally are better.....

if you want i can do up a light toning program for you if you want (give me some practice) and then if you have some weights use them, if not and you want to get them get them, if not use some things around the house that are different weights. (cans of beans etc...)

aww Kes, you're really having it rough lately aren't you... (((hugs)))

oh dont get me started.. but im trying to push all of that behind me and move on!! i just really dislike my job right now, and as the kids have spend a week with the grandparents on thier own... their manners have gone completly out the window, and the worst thing that gets on my nerves is the chewing with thier mouths open... really just grates me!!!! lol only little trivial things... STRESS!!!
Oh i could do with some advice on toning exercises!!

Take it easy Kes, try and relax hun!!

Ahhh hun r u ok flower?

xxxxxxx

Hope you're ok hun..x

Hope all is ok!! :D

im fine ladies, thankyou for your concern though....

weigh in last night and it was +3lbs. so im quite happy with that (considering my scales were almost 5lbs!!) but all of that has gone now (sneeky on the scales LOL) and i intend to keep that gone. and get under the 12 stone mark again... im so over seeing that blooming number!!
my goal this week is 5lbs.. might be setting myself up for disaster, but with my push i need to do it is keeping me kinda focused!!!

yesterday wasnt a great day on the food department, but obviously i did something right because i lost 4lbs over nigth!!! so can not be complaining about that....

tonight is my weight session night, so kinda expecting a gain (as i always hold more water in my muscles the next day) but im fully intending to push!!!

i have a chilled weekend ahead of me so intend to spend it at the gym too. lol (i will be working till 1 on saturday at the grotty gym, then going to the nice gym for my workout) lol

we are going out for steak ( well kinda steak, we will be having meats like wild boar, zebra etc...) YUM!! (sorry for any veggies out there.. lol)

oh my goodness, im in a gibberish mood, so sorry for my ramble! lol.. but generally in a good mood :)

glad you're back UP where you belong :hug99:

i will be better when i have an official weigh in to show my losses.. and hopefully by then it will be a 5lbs loss...

well there is great debate on which is better, but personally, i use dumbells.. and you pretty much can do all you can do with kettle bells, with them so they for me personally are better.....

if you want i can do up a light toning program for you if you want (give me some practice) and then if you have some weights use them, if not and you want to get them get them, if not use some things around the house that are different weights. (cans of beans etc...)

Oh yes please Kes, that would be excellent of you if you could.. i think dumbells would be easier to keep tidy as well and not be rolling everywhere..

would be great if you could help me with that. i'm going to buy some weights, so i'll let you know the weights of them.

i am naturally quite strong in my arms, the actual top of my arms are quite firm it's the sides and underneath thats the problem, but i don't want to look like a muscle man, you know what i mean lol

well done hun, even it's a sneaky peek, you're back on track! good for you, just look forward now hun! :)
xx

In argos they have 2 different dumbell sets, one is a davina set the other a different make, they're both £14.99,and they alright..they've got single dumbell weights too... both of those sets are out of stock grr... so maybe i'll have to use cans of beans or maybe small water bottle filled, until i get some weights??

Last edited:
And I find my self on the bike... again... sweating like mad no doubt from the bad foods I've eaten..... plus its not as cold up here tonight....

Zebra and other exotic meats are always my kinds.. I love trying things new... if you ever get to try kudu go for it... its lush!

I'm still positive although eating got out of hand today, and I need to learn to say no... a friend came over for our usual Tuesday get together and she brought cakes... I of course ate.... I need to pull my beck book out and dust it off me thinks... I need to regain control over my eating as I've gone back to the mindset of the fat girl within... she has taken over my life and before I know it ill be back on those scales looking at 16 and a half stone again... and I sure as hell am not going to let her win me over again...

Man it is hot lol.....

Tomorrow is a new beginning and the skinny girl will start to emerge!
BRING IT ON!

I had a call tonight from Slimming world, and I have my interview ( again) with them next Thursday...
Hopefully I will get my enthusiasm back for it.... and know more about where I can do it in my area....

Google what a kudu is... its kinda like a small antelope I think... very nice!

I'm struggling in my mind, so that means that my head is not catching up with the rest of me, so I think I just need to give it a bit of time....

Hey you, how are you getting on?

x

Ooohhhh I've hit 100 pages... that's pretty cool!

Today I seem more focused. And I've brought some grapes to snack on.... and I'm gonna have a shake for lunch... or maybe porridge.. not too sure, but I'm going to use up all my left over stuff and then decide what to do in regards to my diet....

But I know one thing... I'm going to be in control of ny life and my actions!

ive got the beck book back out, and im going to start today. :) no more putting it off.....

i resisted the biscuits (they are only rich tea ones but still!!!) while we were out at the gym (the gymnastics centre opens up their big room to children under 5 and we go most wednsedays..)
so im chuffed with that....

i also stocked up on Strawberry and Kiwi sparkling water from Sainsbury's... (love the stuff!!)
and so far today ive not had any chocolate :).... chuffed about that too..
but i have had some nuts when i got home.....

i want to get this weekend out of the way, and then im going to be able to start the tablets up again... i just want to get this show on the road again!!!!

Great to hear you sounding positive again Kes!

I must dig out my Beck book - I bought it ages ago, but was too impatient to follow all the instructions (writing the cards etc.) so eventually it went back into the cupboard to gather dust, along with all my other 'health and fitness' related books!

Do you find it useful?
x

i didnt get very far with it last time before we went on holiday, but i started to feel so much better about things...
and once i actually wrote out the cards i felt soooo much better.

Hi I'm just wondering how long your been on xen - I read somewhere you can't take it for longer than 6 months is that right ! ?? Xx

I was on it for just over 12 months.. and the Dr was fine with that... then I had a break, of about 6 months, and now I'm just using left over prescriptions... my bmi is too low now (well was.... ) for the Dr to prescribe it...

Ah ok makes sense! Aw well it's great your bmi is too low can't wait to have that as an excuse lol :) xx

from all the ones i have tried...

well they all have their ups and downs...
the quickest (and by far the hardest in my situation (working with kids and food all day) is Cambridge..... if i was at home then it could have been a lot easier... but its got its disadvantages.. that being i have put all that weight back on, by not following the right steps back (mainly because i never followed it right in the first place....

then there is slim fast, which helped loads, but hit plateus with that one all the time...

taking the xenical has its ups and downs too... ive found that recently i have wanted bad foods more and more, because of my mindset of NO I CANT HAVE THEM BECAUSE YOUR DOING CD OR YOUR TAKING THE TABLETS, so they are not for my head space right at this point of time... and i would have hated the thought of the effects of last week EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWw.. lol

slimming world is great... (and im not just saying that because i wanna become a consultant) i have tried weight watchers, and i got soooooo sick of weighing everything out... so got bored of it very quickly once the gadgets had been brought and used for a few weeks...
but slimming world has put my mind back in control (well as of today anyway) and i feel like i can really get on with doing this..
the losses are not going to be as quick as what cd or slim fast are for me, but its better than the continual up im going on at the moment...

so that brings me to today... so far ive had a great day, and i feel for once in a very long time im actually back in control....
im gonna go back to writing everything here, so that i can be honest if i have had a good or bad day, and then people can see what im doing, and what is working (or in prob many cases not working)

Breakfast: Dorset Cereal fruity porridge (HEXB) Whole milk (HEXA)
snack: muller light banana and custard yoghurt (FREE), grapes (FREE) 15g mature Cheddar (4 SYNS)
Lunch: Spaghetti (FREE) with Tinned tomatoes, bacon, spinach and herbs (FREE)
Snack:
Dinner:
Pudding:
Drink:

will fill the rest in after dinner....

I couldn't do food replacement diets I'd either up end binging after a day or when I'd lost a the weight!!

That's why I do sw I can still eat loads lol!! Plus I can't imagine the shakes taste too good do they!!?

How much did you loose on them?! Xx

Back