Pretty little blue Pill!!!- the fight to the end!!!!!

rebeccalicious said:
Hi, im new to this, dont really know how to work this app yet :s started xenical on thurs. any body got any advice please x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi and welcome to minis and esp xenical!!!
We are all a friendly bunch! We don't bite (much!!!) lol

The best advice is watch the fat, don't go over the rules, don't think well it's got no fat in it I can eat loads of it because 9 times out of 10 there is triple the amount if sugars and calories in the product!!! That isn't going to do you any good.
Exercise is also key!!! Get as much in as possible, and as often as possible.
Even if it's a walk, go faster each time, walk the kids to school quicker getting that heart rate up. Best thing i did was buy a heart rate monitor.

Good luck with your journey!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hiya Kes - I haven't been on here for months! Good to see you're still about (I think we both originally started at the same time!) hope you're well! X

Hiya Kes - I haven't been on here for months! Good to see you're still about (I think we both originally started at the same time!) hope you're well! X

hey hun, yes i think we did... man that was a while ago...

how are you going?? hope you are well. :)

Kes you sound so like me when it comes to eating lol, i very often eat when no one is around, its like no one saw me have it so it doesnt count :) hope your having a good week

i dont know what my problem is, i constantly talk myself into being good, then before i know it i am being bad...

but im goona sort what i have now come to terms with is my addiction to food, and my addiction to eating loads of it..

i could just sit there and munch my way through a whole chocolate bar (not that ive done that for a long time ) and not stop. i need to learn and reeducate me brain to think. ok one or two pieces is enough i dont need anymore. its still going to be there another time.

which i know now stems from my childhood. we were never allowed many things nice, and if we were then it would be left out on the kitchen side for us to put in our lunch boxes, we were never taught oh if you fancy something have it if you dont then dont, so i alwyas hang out for the moment that something was left in the kitchen for me to take to school, therefore couldnt wait till i got to school, so i used to eat it on the way (more times than none) which i think contrubutes to my brains way of thinking now... if ive got something nice now, i have to eat it all before it gets taken away, and "left on the kitchen side" for me later....
another thing wth that, is if i found the stash of goodies so to speak, then i would steal one (no one saw so no one could tell me off) so thats where i get the secret eating now.....

i need to get this side sorted before i get anywhere near goal, as once im not going to be on such a strict plan (fats etc) then im going to go mental again and eat the entire shop of anything "bad"

if you figure how to re-train your minds way of thinking let me know, i too could easily eat a bar of chocolate by myself, not something i normally admit as i feel quite embarrassed about it. Dont get me started on bags of sweets or crisps!! :( |we will get over this Kes!!

Hope your having a good week!!

Maybe you could try reverse psychology kes! Tell your self you can eat the whole stash of food in there but no ones gunna take it so I'll have one piece now an then come back for another piece after work?

Ah but Rachel are you talking about a small bar or one of the big bars ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

(silly phone I wasn't finished!)

It's taken 20 odd years to develop the eating habits so it's probably gunna take a good chunk of them years to develop new ones!

Don't be too hard on your self lovely! You have come sooo far already! I think it does the mind good to stand back an address the situation! It means that getting back to it you have all the original drive an need to get the weight off!

Keep smiling lovely

Xxx

kae said:
Maybe you could try reverse psychology kes! Tell your self you can eat the whole stash of food in there but no ones gunna take it so I'll have one piece now an then come back for another piece after work?

I think it works sometimes as I have a similar issue my brother could eat anything and all he liked but I was only to have 1 I became very sneaky and could take the metal lid off the glass cookie jar with out making any noise, and then stuff my face while hiding in my room in the middle of the night!! I am proud of the fact I could do it. My mum thought my brother ate them and was happy he like them lol so bought more...

I tell myself now if I want I can have 1 or 2 biscuits, know what haven't eaten any for a couple of mths They are in my cupboard my kids eat them ( used to be 1 each for kids plus 1 for me) each time they have one I think yes I can have one if I want, they are 57 kcals each.. Do I have one Not recently

Ok doesn't always work, I have to be thinking about my choices, bc if I'm not thinking my hands are feeding my face 2 steps ahead of my thoughts and decision making process!

I'll get there, and yeah its gonna take time... just have to stick with it...

I've been walking to work lately (its been bloody cold, but I've enjoyed it) and this morning I'm going to walk to Pilates, (in the snow!) Brrrrr so I've been doing loads more, just gotta start the brain on the train if eating right.

Hmmmmm what to have for dinner tonight............

Anyone git any ideas?

Hey Kes, Remember me? It's two years since I lost my lovely Norman and I'm just kinda getting my life together now, so I'm ready to address my weight problem once and for all. I'm not on xenical this time, I'm doing weightwatchers but I thought I'd pop over to see how you and Kae are doing and I'm SO impressed with you! Well done girl! Anyway, good thoughts to all of you and I'll keep checking in.

Heyyyy earth mother! I remember you :D lovely to see you back!

I really can't believe it's been 2 years! I do hope your coping ok!

I've been some what absent an gained every single pound and more! Im doing weight watchers too :D am ditched the xen! Do you have a diary?

Xxx

Kes why don't u get that lovely husband of yours to Russell something yummy up ;)

How u doing chick

Xxx

Earthmother said:
Hey Kes, Remember me? It's two years since I lost my lovely Norman and I'm just kinda getting my life together now, so I'm ready to address my weight problem once and for all. I'm not on xenical this time, I'm doing weightwatchers but I thought I'd pop over to see how you and Kae are doing and I'm SO impressed with you! Well done girl! Anyway, good thoughts to all of you and I'll keep checking in.

Hun of course I remember you..

I'm so pleased to see you back and I hope you are doing well ...

Yes please do keep popping in Xxx

I cooked steak in the end... with potatoes and broccoli... boring meal really....

Must be good this weekend!

If I keep telling myself then I must start to come true..

Kes said:
I cooked steak in the end... with potatoes and broccoli... boring meal really....

If I keep telling myself then I must start to come true..

Chant it as you go to sleep lol x

Morning gawjus!

How are ya doing? Have you 2 love birds got any plans for valentines?

Have a chilled Sunday

Xxxx

Well the weekend didn't exactly go according to plan, but I think we did okish.....

Sat was a lazy day really. We had half a lamb delivered so we had roast lamb... Mmmmm my fave!!!!

Then yesterday we went to Brighton, had a lovely day, but it was cold!!!! We had fish and chips in a restaurant rather than a chippy so the batter was nice and crispy, and the chips were not dripping in oil. ( thank goodness I'm not on the tablets ATM!!!)

We had cafe Nero hot chocolate and came home. Still quite full from lunch we decided not to have dinner, but we did try the new muller light.... The mint one with chocolate sprinkles omg!!! That's really nice ( adds to shopping list to buy more!!!)
Hope they are going to put that one on the shelf perm!!

Today is prob not going to be much better. I'm going to a friend of mines for the day, and all we seem to do is drink tea and munch food, but she knows I'm being good ( well trying to!!!) and she has said she will do a nice lunch and just a pudding. So let's just hope that it's that... And then I have nothing stopping me from going back on the tablets till the first weekend of march!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back