Price Increase

pmb

Hi Guys,

Just restarted after a break for a couple of months (holidays, couple of birthdays etc ;)).

I was quite surprised when my CDC told me of a price increase, if I'm been honest I didn't expect one with the recession and all.

New prices;

Sachets - £1.95
Bars - £2.25
Tetras - £2.30

I know my CDC was never the cheapest, but can anyone tell me if this is a CD price increase or just my counsellor.

Regards

Ohh your tetras & bars are more than mine

My tetras & bars are £2.00 (i think) and shakes £1.93? or something like that x

mine are 1.70 for shakes, and 1.90 for tetra's.....
i pay monthly so its £158 a month (for 31 days supply)
xx

Hi - I pay £1.90 for the bars and £1.60 for the shakes and soups. Don't know how much the tetras are as I don't like them, it does sound like your CDC is charging a lot - is there another CDC in your area that you can go to?

I pay £38 per week regardless of whether I get bars, shakes, soups or tetras (21 meals). Haven't been told of a price increase but my weigh in is on Friday, will let you know if it changes. Will be gutted if it does!

I didn't realise there were different prices :confused:

My CDC sells at 'RRP' which is £1.70 for a sachet, £1.97 for bars and tetras. Maybe a price increase is due from her?!

Am amazed that people charge different rates! Then again i guess the counsellors run as a business so they can charge whatever they can get!! :D

There has been a price increase from Cambridge but Counsellors are allowed to charge what they want so some may charge more.

Could be an area thing ?

Im down south and most things are more expensive anyway lol

I'd pay double for the packs i dont care :D they work!

I got told of a price increase too. Don't know what my new prices will be x x

I didn't realise there were different prices :confused:

My CDC sells at 'RRP' which is £1.70 for a sachet, £1.97 for bars and tetras. Maybe a price increase is due from her?!

Am amazed that people charge different rates! Then again i guess the counsellors run as a business so they can charge whatever they can get!! :D

hey there - Counsellors can charge whatever they want.....

I use the RRP - £1.70 per sachet (soup, shake, porridge) and £2.00 for bars and tetras (should be £1.97 but this is VERY awkward for customers paying with cash)

hope that helps......

Debz x

Debz is giving the new pricing. It did go up in relation to what the CDC's pay so it's only fair that prices should go up. I doubt the margins are really very big!

I'm a tetra girl and currently pay £2 per one.

Don't have a problem with the varying rates, some cdc's may cover more in terms of client numbers, and some may struggle to make a living unless they charge a bit more. No one seems to be charging ridiculous amounts, and we have to remember that is for our weekly food, cheap i'd say compared to a trolly load! We couldn't be without them and if they didn't do it as a job, more of us would probably struggle to even be able to do cd, and could end up travelling miles or resorting to less supported diets. Mine charges 1.80 shakes and 1.95 bars, but no WI/registration fees. More than happy to pay when the results and support is so fab!

Hi,

Cambridge did put the prices up in July. I am a CDC in London and I don't charge what you are paying pmb. Nor do I charge a w/i fee or a registration fee. It is up to the CDC to set her prices, If you like her, maybe you could ask her why she charges more and negotiate?

xx

My CDC did tell me of a price increase in July too, but to be honest I have not really noticed much of a difference.

I Pay £1.70 per packet and £1.95 per bar.

Not sure of tetra's cos I don't have them.

I had a price increase a couple of weeks ago, but my bars and tetras are only £2 which seems a lot less than yours, especially when ordering 21 of them. Yours seems very steep to me.

see councilors can charge what ever they like but some do have other costs that they factor in
if your councillor travels to clients homes then only fair i suppose that she adds in petrol and travel costs to the price
and some of them that live out in the sticks rent an office space to make it easier on clients so again the rental costs will be put into the prices

Hi

There was an increase in July.

I currently pay:
Shakes (soups and porridges) £1.75
Tetras and Bars £1.95

I'm in South Wales, and I to go a class, so I suppose they pay rent on the rooms their hire each week (although I know both Counsellors have clients visit them at their homes.)

Lynne
x

Back