Price Increase

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses, they certainly make interesting/intriguing reading.

My CDC full price list;

Shakes/Soups - £1.95
Bars - £2.25
Tetras - £2.30
Drink Mix - £6.75
Mix a Mousse - £5.00
Fibre 89 - £6.25
Ketostix - £0.15 each

I actually live “up north” as you might have guessed in Yorkshire, I recently discovered from the CD website that my CDC isn’t actually my closest, so will have to seriously think about whether to switch.

I appreciate that this is a business to the CDC, and they have to make a living but I can’t help thinking she is taking advantage, I presume the RRP already has a significant mark up to what they pay. She works from home I visit her, and to my knowledge she doesn’t particularly have any overheads to cover, yet it would seem she is still charging more than “London Prices”

Perhaps I’m just feeling a bit hard done by as I struggle to get back into the swing if things.

Thanks for listening to me moan.

Take Care.

Thanks Debz!

Is this the current price or new price??

I totally agree about the odd pence... it's very strange!

sorry - have just seen this....the price increase was effective 1st July 2009 and the prices I gave are current prices...

My full price list;

Shakes/Soups - £1.70
Bars - £2.00
Tetras - £2.00
Drink Mix - £6.70
Mix a Mousse - £4.15
Fibre 89 - £6.00
Ketostix - no charge - I give clients a couple of these per week

hth

Debz x

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for all your responses, they certainly make interesting/intriguing reading.

I appreciate that this is a business to the CDC, and they have to make a living but I can’t help thinking she is taking advantage

Seems to be a mixed bag of opinions on the pricing policy. If your CDC is working from home then it doesn't sound like she's got too many overheads so her prices therefore do sound a little high. If you get on with her and she motivates you then it is probably worth staying with her and paying a little extra.

I only have 2 CDCs in my town and it took one of them over a week to respond to my initial enquiry! By then i'd been on the plan for 4 days with the other lady!! I pay at Cambridge RRP and there is no cost to me for my CDC to visit me at home and weigh me.

I know people are saying it's worth every penny (and it is!!) but you are still entitled to ask your CDC to justify her prices!!

Hi,

My CDC full price list;

Shakes/Soups - £1.95
Bars - £2.25
Tetras - £2.30
Drink Mix - £6.75
Mix a Mousse - £5.00
Fibre 89 - £6.25
Ketostix - £0.15 each

I actually live “up north” as you might have guessed in Yorkshire, I recently discovered from the CD website that my CDC isn’t actually my closest, so will have to seriously think about whether to switch

I appreciate that this is a business to the CDC, and they have to make a living but I can’t help thinking she is taking advantage, I presume the RRP already has a significant mark up to what they pay. She works from home I visit her, and to my knowledge she doesn’t particularly have any overheads to cover, yet it would seem she is still charging more than “London Prices”

Perhaps I’m just feeling a bit hard done by as I struggle to get back into the swing if things.

Thanks for listening to me moan.

Take Care.

Sorry, but as an ex CDC ( I retired to Portugal last year) I do think your CDC is taking her pricing a bit far.

How on earth can you sell 1 ketostick?

Those prices mean you are paying at least £5.25 more per week than most people.

If you have another CDC nearby I would see her unless the present one is absolutely marvellous.

I expect I will be blown out for this but I do feel this is unjust.

hun i would check pricing with the other cdc if i was you. if shes got no extra overheads then it does seem her prices are rather unfair
and 15p for one ketostick!, buy em from a chemist, imy sis got a pot for £3

i looked at those prices with my mouth open hun!!!

I know they provide a service as well...but that is shocking!
your paying 25-35p more on your shakes than i am!
If she was doing home calls, constant texts etc then i would say fair enough, but if your going to her and she isnt then there is NO justification!

I would look into an alternitive CDC hun

xx

I get charged €60 (about £52) in Ireland. And that's getting one free! It's €3 per sachet/bar/tetra.

I get charged €60 (about £52) in Ireland. And that's getting one free! It's €3 per sachet/bar/tetra.

That sounds high to but perhaps Irish CDCs have to pay more for their stock as it has to be shipped over?

That sounds high to but perhaps Irish CDCs have to pay more for their stock as it has to be shipped over?

yep - it is more expensive in South of Ireland......and exhange rate the way it is at the minute hasn't helped.... :(

I know of a couple of Irish CDCs who have just given up cos they weren't making a living at it.......

Debz x

All mine are priced at 1.75 each .... everything else like bars etc are 2.00 ... I really hope they dont start raising there prices :cry:

I pay £1.80 per shake, soup, porridge & £1.95 if I had bars (which I dont cos I'd be toooo greedy with them!). Not tried tetras so not sure. Majority of CDCs seem to be charging around this. But as someone said, no class fees and I'm happy with this as I get good support from my CDC. Tx

Back