Primal and proud

Happy Birthday to your son, the cake sounds great! My eldest daughter is 17 today, a second year Law student at Uni and has this morning got back from back-packing around Europe - she makes me feel VERY old! What do you use as the pasta bit of your lasagne?

Happy Birthday to your son, the cake sounds great! My eldest daughter is 17 today, a second year Law student at Uni and has this morning got back from back-packing around Europe - she makes me feel VERY old! What do you use as the pasta bit of your lasagne?

Hope you daughter had a great Birthday too xx
I use a mixture of leeks and grated courgette fried in butter as the pasta layer

Another day another run!
4.5 miles done which just leaves my 7 miler on saturday :D

Had a text off my boss last night asking if I could work in the kitchen tonight and sunday as 2 chefs quit on tuesday and we cant borrow anyone from another branch for those days.
I will be making desserts and doing the potwash which is cool as I quite often make my own desserts when the kitchen is busy so Im quite looking forward to it :D

Todays Food

530am out for a 4.5 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (Mixed berries, banana, coconut milk, double cream and vanilla)

Lunch - Leftover "lasagne"

Dinner - Pulled pork and homemade coleslaw

Really enjoy work last night, makes a change to do something different :D

Day off running and work today so going to chill out :D

Todays food

Breakfast - greek yogurt with strawberries and maple syrup

Lunch - tuna mayo salad

Dinner - roasted belly pork, creamy cabbage and sweet potato fries

Morning :) its already really warm here so glad that I got up early and did my 7 mile run :)

Have had a smoothie for breakfast but haven't planned lunch and dinner yet as still recovering lol

Am off to costco to stock up so there will be plenty of choice later x

Working tonight

Yesterdays food ended up being

Breakfast - Smoothie

Lunch - Chicken fajitas (obviously no wraps)

Dinner - Bunless gluten free cheeseburger with a jacket potato

Was so hot yesterday so I was glad to be at work in the air con lol

No run today as did it yesterday!

Didnt go to costco in the end as we fancied a chilled family day instead so we are going today.

Working in the kitchen at work tonight which will be good be also warmer as no air con in the back lol

Todays food

Breakfast - Smoothie

Late Lunch - Slow roast pork loin with creamy cabbage

Dinner - either chicken salad or greek yogurt depending on how hungry I am before work

Didnt go to costco again as was too hot to be stuck in the car lol DH will go tonight after he finishes work!

I enjoyed working in the kitchen again last night and the head chef was saying I should consider training on other stations as I was pretty good :D
Due to taking on a new assistant manager the servers are fighting over hours at the moment and we have all took a dip in hours so it might be a good idea to split my time between the kitchen and front of house to guarantee my hours as they are short in the kitchen. Might speak to the boss :)

Todays food will be

Breakfast - Smoothie

Lunch - Cheese omlette and salad

Dinner - Beef bolognaise with courgette "pasta"

DH actually went to costco last night so the fridge and freezer are full of lovely primal foods again :D

Didnt go running this morning as had a really bad nights sleep last night :( was too warm to get to sleep and then I ended up having weird dreams and just not sleeping properly, am going to take it easy this week with the running and just do a couple of short runs then pick up my training again next week as I do have a couple of spare weeks in my plan and have read that little rests can actually improve the training so going to give it a go ;)

Been for my fortnightly weigh in this morning and have lost another 2lbs so I am really happy :D

Todays food

Breakfast - Greek yogurt with maple syrup

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Slow roasted chicken, homemade coleslaw and salad

Have just put a whole chicken in the slow cooker for dinner hmm hmm

Todays food

Breakfast - Greek yogurt and maple syrup

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Cold leftover roast chicken with sweet potato gratin and salad

Havent felt that great these last couple of days and I think that is the heat, luckily its cooler today so hoping things improve :D

Todays Food

Lunch - Leftover roasted chicken and sweet potato bake

Dinner - Pulled pork, homemade coleslaw and salad

Forgot to update this yesterday as I was so busy!
The twins graduated from playgroup yesterday and then I was working in the evening.

Food Was

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Bunless gluten free cheeseburger and jacket potato

Still feeling a bit wiped out by this weather :(
But am also excited as my running tshirt and chipped running number arrived for the National Lottery Anniversary run next sunday :D, its a 5 mile run round the olympic park finishing in the stadium and I really cant wait :D Cant believe its nearly a year since we sat in the stadium watching the opening ceremony, it was an amazing experience and one I will always remember.

My Mum and Dad are coming over for a BBQ tomorrow which will be lovely.

Todays Food

Breakfast - Paleo apple muffin, Banana and some bacon (bit of a mish mash lol)

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Chicken salad

Working tonight too.

Finished work early last night as it was so quiet!
Having my Mum and Dad over for a BBQ this afternoon and then I have work later

Todays Food

Breakfast - Paleo cinnamon rolls

Lunch/Dinner - BBQ -Doing Burgers,sausages, fajita spiced chicken, salad, homemade potato salad, homemade coleslaw etc then strawberries with double cream for pudding (meringues and ice cream for Mum and Dad too)

Had a lovely day having the BBQ yesterday but I caught the sun quite a bit and am a bit red today lol
Work was abit busier last night which meant the shift went pretty quick.

Todays Food

Breakfast - Leftover paleo cinnamon rolls

Lunch- Tuna mayo salad with homemade coleslaw and homemade potato salad

Dinner - Paleo "lasagne" and salad

Night off tonight :D

Hope you're enjoying your night off! Your BBQ sounds lovely, I caught the sun too at the weekend, have a lovely red nose now lol cant believe how hot it is!
How do you make your coleslaw? I keep meaning to try make some paleo mayonnaise, fancy trying some coleslaw too.

Hope you're enjoying your night off! Your BBQ sounds lovely, I caught the sun too at the weekend, have a lovely red nose now lol cant believe how hot it is!
How do you make your coleslaw? I keep meaning to try make some paleo mayonnaise, fancy trying some coleslaw too.

Im still red lol thank goodness for aftersun ;)

I sometimes make my own mayo but more often than not I do use shop bought ( its my 80/20 ;) ) then I just grate carrots and white cabbage and finely diced shallot x

Im getting bad at updating everyday because life is very busy at the moment but I am sticking to paleo the whole time :D
Haven't been for a run for a week due to the heat, illness and not sleeping well but I really need to get out tomorrow as have my 5 mile Olympic stadium run on sunday :eek: really hoping it cools down a little!!

Todays food
Breakfast - bacon and eggs

Lunch - leftover bolognaise

Dinner - pulled pork, homemade coleslaw and salad

Im still red lol thank goodness for aftersun ;)

I sometimes make my own mayo but more often than not I do use shop bought ( its my 80/20 ;) ) then I just grate carrots and white cabbage and finely diced shallot x

Ahh cool, Ive been contemplating buying some mayo, glad someone else does that lol

Ahh cool, Ive been contemplating buying some mayo, glad someone else does that lol

I think that as long as I follow the principles as much as I can the odd tweak is ok ;)
I dont really tweak much else apart from having the odd jacket potato but even the primal blueprint says that occasional white potato is ok.

Back