Primal and proud

Still not feeling good :cry:
Tried to go out for a run this morning and started out well and no problems with actually running but have had stomach cramps and diarrhea (sorry TMI) for a couple of days and had to stop after just over a mile as could feel an attack coming on, luckily made it home in time but its worrying me that I wont be well enough for sunday :(
Have taken some immodium and hoping it works! I havent eaten anything with gluten or new so maybe its the heat or a bug?

The twins are going to their grandparents this afternoon until monday and after the glowing report my eldest got from school yesterday and his outstanding sat results, we are going to make sure he gets a bit spoilt in London this weekend as he really deserves it :D

Well fingers crossed but I seem to be on the mend and the immodium is working ;)

In other news I took my driving theory test today and passed :D
Have now got my driving test booked for September so I am all excited :D

Life is good at the moment :D

I am feeling good this morning, my stomach bug seems to have gone and I am still on a high after passing my theory test :D
The twins are having a great time with their grandparents which means the house is very quiet today lol
My eldest is being great and I am loving having some quality time with him

Gonna go shopping after the school run and might treat myself to some new (and smaller!!) clothes I think :D

Well fingers crossed but I seem to be on the mend and the immodium is working ;)

In other news I took my driving theory test today and passed :D
Have now got my driving test booked for September so I am all excited :D

Life is good at the moment :D

Congratulations on passing :D and good luck for the test in September too.

Wooop congrats on your driving theory test!! :D I'm sure you will do great in September.

Glad you are feeling a bit better so as to be on track for your run; the event sounds amazing! And it can't have been easy to carry on with your training in this heat so good on you. Sounds like you are reaping the rewards if you're on the hunt for smaller clothes!! :D x

Wooop congrats on your driving theory test!! :D I'm sure you will do great in September.

Glad you are feeling a bit better so as to be on track for your run; the event sounds amazing! And it can't have been easy to carry on with your training in this heat so good on you. Sounds like you are reaping the rewards if you're on the hunt for smaller clothes!! :D x

Thank you :D
Yeah cant wait to run in the stadium will be an amazing experience!
I am down 2 dress sizes in most shops and 3 in some shops (they obviously do vanity sizing lol)
I've still got a long way to go but im not in such a rush these days as I really enjoy this woe so dont even feel like im trying to lose weight :D

Looks like it will be slightly cooler this weekend which will be a god send!!

Thank you :D
Yeah cant wait to run in the stadium will be an amazing experience!
I am down 2 dress sizes in most shops and 3 in some shops (they obviously do vanity sizing lol)
I've still got a long way to go but im not in such a rush these days as I really enjoy this woe so dont even feel like im trying to lose weight :D

Looks like it will be slightly cooler this weekend which will be a god send!!

2-3 sizes down is amazing; I find clothing sizes vary so much these days. A month or two ago I bought the same top from the same shop in two different colours (yes I am an exciting shopper, LOL) and I had to buy them in two different sizes.

I know what you mean about it not feeling like an effort to eat primal/paleo, I couldn't agree more!! Great isn't it! :D

2-3 sizes down is amazing; I find clothing sizes vary so much these days. A month or two ago I bought the same top from the same shop in two different colours (yes I am an exciting shopper, LOL) and I had to buy them in two different sizes.

I know what you mean about it not feeling like an effort to eat primal/paleo, I couldn't agree more!! Great isn't it! :D

I know sizing is so difficult sometimes as they really do vary!

Well we are finally back from London after a very long day!

I completed the race in 1:01:24 I had wanted to do it in under an hour but I am still pleased :D
It was a good learning curve as it was my first ever race, I started off way too fast which became my downfall in the fourth mile and I ended up having to do a little walking, when I checked my runkeeper at the end I did my first mile nearly a minute faster than I have ever run a mile before and the my 2nd was 30 seconds faster than my personal best :eek:

It has certainly put me back in the mood for my training which has taken a bit of a back seat the last couple of weeks due to the heat! and I will be out bright and early tomorrow for a 4.5 miler, I really need to focus now and get my head into gear for my first ever half mararthon which is in 8 weeks!!!!!

I was good foodwise in London and made the best choices possible while there, there may have been a slight sugar intake but it was as limited as possible and certainly didnt eat and knowingly :D

Well we are finally back from London after a very long day!

I completed the race in 1:01:24 I had wanted to do it in under an hour but I am still pleased :D
It was a good learning curve as it was my first ever race, I started off way too fast which became my downfall in the fourth mile and I ended up having to do a little walking, when I checked my runkeeper at the end I did my first mile nearly a minute faster than I have ever run a mile before and the my 2nd was 30 seconds faster than my personal best :eek:

It has certainly put me back in the mood for my training which has taken a bit of a back seat the last couple of weeks due to the heat! and I will be out bright and early tomorrow for a 4.5 miler, I really need to focus now and get my head into gear for my first ever half mararthon which is in 8 weeks!!!!!

I was good foodwise in London and made the best choices possible while there, there may have been a slight sugar intake but it was as limited as possible and certainly didnt eat and knowingly :D

Woohoo, well done! :D Your time was only JUST over an hour so I think you did really well, especially given the summer weather. :D x

Woohoo, well done! :D Your time was only JUST over an hour so I think you did really well, especially given the summer weather. :D x

Yeah I'm happy knowing that I walked alot of the 4th mile plus it was the first time I had run after 8am so a pretty good time for me :D
Just gotta remember in September to start at my own pace and not that of the crowd lol x

Got up at 530am for a run but I am just too stiff!
Gonna rest up today and get back out there tomorrow, really determined to get back on the training now as yesterday showed how unprepared I am for a half marathon!!

The twins are back today from their weekend at Granny and Grandads :D they have apparently had a whale of a time and I cant wait to see them x

I am starting to think a trip to the docs may be in order :(
I have been having bouts of diarrhea (sorry tmi) on and off for the last 7-10 days, complete with stomach cramps and its starting to worry me now :( it stops when I take some tablets but then is back a couple of days later! And now I think about it I havent actually had a "normal" stool in between! Just before an attack I get really bad stomach cramps and am feeling bloated most of time, even though I havent changed what I am eating.
I am also exhausted at the moment and had put it down to the weather but I slept well last night for a solid 8 hours and still feel wiped out!

I am having to keep putting my running on hold so am getting further behind with my training schedule and am starting to worry that I will have to drop out of GNR :(

I really dont like feeling like this and the fact that its the start of the summer holidays makes it worse!
I hate going to the docs though as always feel I am wasting their time (I only go a couple of times a year) and worry that he will just tell me I have a bug and to go away and let it work its way through.

I am starting to think a trip to the docs may be in order :(
I have been having bouts of diarrhea (sorry tmi) on and off for the last 7-10 days, complete with stomach cramps and its starting to worry me now :( it stops when I take some tablets but then is back a couple of days later! And now I think about it I havent actually had a "normal" stool in between! Just before an attack I get really bad stomach cramps and am feeling bloated most of time, even though I havent changed what I am eating.
I am also exhausted at the moment and had put it down to the weather but I slept well last night for a solid 8 hours and still feel wiped out!

I am having to keep putting my running on hold so am getting further behind with my training schedule and am starting to worry that I will have to drop out of GNR :(

I really dont like feeling like this and the fact that its the start of the summer holidays makes it worse!
I hate going to the docs though as always feel I am wasting their time (I only go a couple of times a year) and worry that he will just tell me I have a bug and to go away and let it work its way through.

Aw sorry to hear that. :( Nothing wrong with popping to the doctor for peace of mind although depending on the GP you might be prepared to be told that it's because you're not eating 'healthy whole grains'... Have you considered trying bland digestive-soothing paleo foods and some probiotics? Gelatine/bone broth, bananas, a bit of white rice (which seems to be considered a 'safe starch' by many now), cooked apple? Kind of a paleo version of the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) diet that my mom used to always put me on when my stomach was upset.

(just a thought, if you are already taking probiotics, do you keep them in the fridge? usually in the UK this isn't a problem but with the weather lately it would be easy for them to go bad)

Hope you feel better soon. x

I dont take probiotics shoukd I be?

I had a banana for breakfast x
Am going to give it a couple more days and if I am still suffering then will see the doc x

I dont take probiotics shoukd I be?

I had a banana for breakfast x
Am going to give it a couple more days and if I am still suffering then will see the doc x

The probiotics can help with an upset stomach sometimes, and they say a large percentage of your immune function happens in your gut so it can't hurt to keep the good bacteria in good shape! x

The probiotics can help with an upset stomach sometimes, and they say a large percentage of your immune function happens in your gut so it can't hurt to keep the good bacteria in good shape! x

Thats a good way to look at it x
Would you recommend a certain brand? I thought most of them were just full of sugar and a bit of a con!

I am shattered this morning after a really busy shift at work last night where I was the only waitress and had to look after the whole restaurant! (Normally we work a section of it) The manager was helping to take out food and was sitting people but I was doing the lions share! I kind of enjoyed it though and when its like that I go on to auto pilot and just work work work lol

I am feeling better this morning (for now at least!) So hopefully it was just a bug and I am over it now.
I am really behind in my running schedule now but last night reminded me of my determination and I am going to train and do the GNR even if it kills me ;)

Today is the eldest's last day at school for 6 weeks :cry:lol, Gonna take the twins to soft play and let them run off some energy this morning I think :D

Back