primal plum

Hi. :) I would avoid the Atkins bar, they're very processed and contain dubious ingredients like sugar alcohols. Have a look in the recipes subforum for ideas (there's a whole breakfast thread). If you need grab and go convenience you can also make things like crustless mini quiche cups which freeze well. I personally also try to eat plenty of non-starchy veggies like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower etc (ie stuff that is not root vegetables which I eat but in smaller portions) and usually have at least 250g raw weight of these with lunch and dinner. I also try for around 65g with breakfast. Don't forget about your healthy fats and a bit of fruit like berries!

There are also tons of yummy paleo recipes online so you don't need to be bored. Well done on making healthy changes and good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply, our PT has sent a document with some nice things on today. I did body combat then Zumba today so really trying to shift some weight!

Thanks once again, Claire :)

Hi Plum - good to catch up with your primal progress.
I'm cutting back on gluten free carbs and eating more protein to see how it feels, as I have ME and various other health problems

Hiya... I'm new around here and was just saing hello to other fellow paleo/primals!!

Hope you dont mind!!! : ) X

Am a squeak under 150 lb again now, hooray! My official weigh-in is on Thursday so I'll update my stats then. (edit: I decided to change them today, what the heck eh!)

I have decided that as my goal now is centred around getting my body fat % into the range with less risk of health consequences (under 32%) and I am otherwise happy with my weight and size, to set my goal weight back up to 150 lb, increase my calories to maintenance levels, and focus on trying to build muscle and get rid of fat - which primal/paleo can only help with! I guess that officially makes me a maintainer (although one still seeking improvement, lol) which feels pretty strange! If I go up or down a few pounds in this process that will be ok; if I can still fit into my size 12 trousers I'll be happy! :D

I was hoping to have kept more lean mass and to be closer to the body fat goal by now but whilst chatting with a friend came to realise that I need to accept what is realistic for me and my circumstances, which is to keep plugging away - it will happen when it happens! I had been feeling a bit down about not making it by the end of this year but when I thought about all the improvements in my M.E. that I've seen since losing this weight and also how I feel about myself, I'm pretty pleased with what I've accomplished already. :)

Just got the kindle version of nigellas nigellissima was looking at your dinner and thought it sounded nice.. Had a look at the sample and read the reviews - yummy - going to try the spinach baked with ricotta and nutmeg - and the chocolate olive oil cake looks interesting :)

Just got the kindle version of nigellas nigellissima was looking at your dinner and thought it sounded nice.. Had a look at the sample and read the reviews - yummy - going to try the spinach baked with ricotta and nutmeg - and the chocolate olive oil cake looks interesting :)

Mmm hope you enjoy, we loved the spinach bake and will definitely be having it again! And again! :D

Little bit naughty today, my best friend's little girl turned 3 today and for afters at her birthday supper there was a tower of homemade (wholemeal, lower sugar) cupcakes. I ate two - it's very difficult to say no when the birthday girl is urging you to please eat some of her cake! I can definitely tell that I ate some wheat (stomach doesn't feel great and I'm soooo sleepy) but in a few days I should feel back to normal and I had a brilliant night. :)

I think sometimes - you just have to say yes and put up with the issues it causes.

My sons birthday on Sat going to be 3.

I made the nigellissima choc hazelnut cheesecake - very good - have about 16+ adults and kids coming on Sunday so need a few cakey type things for adults :)

Lol.... Thought is was just me with the wheat = sleep!!!

I had a tortilla a couple of weeks ago.... whilst out having an unexpected lunch.... I was fast asleep on the train home!!!

X

Mis-behave said:
I think sometimes - you just have to say yes and put up with the issues it causes.

My sons birthday on Sat going to be 3.

I made the nigellissima choc hazelnut cheesecake - very good - have about 16+ adults and kids coming on Sunday so need a few cakey type things for adults :)

Ooh yum yum! Lucky people at that party! :D

Deezer I think sleepiness is one of the effects of wheat, I guess lucky for me that it coincided with getting home and going to bed! :)

Touch wood, I am finding this week very easy. Although yesterday all went a bit to pot and I didn't eat enough. I feel like I'm back into the groove after my trip now and really enjoying all the paleo foods! I am still logging on MFP but now that I know how foods and quantities fit into my allowance I'm not having to obsess which is nice as what I want to eat is generally falling in my target for the day. This gives me hope that once I meet my body fat goal I will be able to maintain without having to log all the time!

I love the security of logging stuff...... Think I'll always do it lol.... Just to keep track.....

That's great!! Your doing so well :) keep up the good work :)

Back