primal plum

I will have a look at it :) the cake is not sweet at all just rich and chocolatey

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Herbal tea gelatine cubes is a success - although I also have a second batch now with less water to make them more solid! An easy way to get the benefits of gelatine. :)

When I come back from my travels I'm going to start the 30 day autoimmune meal plan from Practical Paleo. Kind of like a Whole 30 but with no eggs, nuts, seeds or nightshades. I know from past testing that I am mildly sensitive to these things anyway (except nuts and seeds) and it's supposed to be good for CFS/ME as it gives your gut a chance to really heal if it needs to. It will also have the benefit of providing a readymade meal plan and shopping list for the first little while of me starting my new job, which can only be helpful I think. :)

Had some gluten free shop bought bread in a sandwich today as I'm on a course and they provide lunch. Might well take a packup tomorrow altho there's no fridge available.

Must say it felt weird eating 'bread' and I was so sleepy in the afternoon!

Had some gluten free shop bought bread in a sandwich today as I'm on a course and they provide lunch. Might well take a packup tomorrow altho there's no fridge available.

Must say it felt weird eating 'bread' and I was so sleepy in the afternoon!

I like the gluten free bread.. But it has so many different "flours" in it plus quite a bit of sugar.. So I have some in the freezer but don't eat it regularly anymore. A pack up sounds a good plan :)

I had a flat bread the other week... well not even all of it.... It knocked me out for the afternoon too... I DO NOT miss that at all!!! X

It tasted ok (I was surprised actually that it had a good taste/texture, technology is obviously advancing) but definitely not worth the high glycaemic hit. :(

Hi did I see that you used the digi fit app?

Yes I gave it a try today, not sure whether I prefer it over Endomondo or not. The information displayed is nicer but the calorie burn calculations are very different and my exercise sync'd into MFP as 'aerobics' despite me select 'pilates'. Not sure which I will go with in the long run! Sort of a moot point at the moment as my new HRM strap is acting up, got to get it sorted. :(

Yes I gave it a try today, not sure whether I prefer it over Endomondo or not. The information displayed is nicer but the calorie burn calculations are very different and my exercise sync'd into MFP as 'aerobics' despite me select 'pilates'. Not sure which I will go with in the long run! Sort of a moot point at the moment as my new HRM strap is acting up, got to get it sorted. :(

Shame, it's not good when something is not working as it should. Part of the reason I went with the polar brand was the reviews were good. So when I got the Bluetooth heart rate strap that links with my phone and my polar hrm watch - I knew it was from a solid supplier :)

You're lucky that your phone links with the bluetooth bands; mine is older and so I needed to get an Ant+ dongle for it. If the strap that came with it turns out to just be 'bad' rather than just one faulty unit then I can try a different brand as the dongle should work with others too.

Soo happy today, we are in LA en route to Auckland and I got a whole stash of the US equivalent of Nakd bars - Lara bars - which come in so many cool flavours. Although it might be better if I hadn't as I will prob miss them when they're gone!

Travelling and staying paleo has been ok so far apart from when we got here last night - after a 12 hour flight and at 3am as far as my body was concerned I was not in the mood for the poor girl who had never hard of gluten and suggested I eat some vegetables.

Have a great time :)

Meow! Poor uneducated waitress .. I hope you helped educate her :)

Didn't you leave something behind?

You forgot to take all of us with you.:)

Have fun.:)

Oh I knew my suitcase felt light! :)

Having a great time, food has been gluten-free but not always primal! Must say my sister in law has been great about cooking gluten-free despite being a bit 'but then what can you eat?' in the beginning - so I don't mind eating the odd bit of GF pasta if it makes her life easier. :) And restaurants here all offer GF options which is great.

Back home! Somehow despite eating loads I am about the same weight as when I left! I think avoiding gluten must have helped.

Back to primal today and looking forward to it!

I am wanting to do the 30 day auto-immune plan from Practical Paleo to see if it helps my M.E. but need to decide when, as I'm starting a new job in a week which might not be the best timing...

Last edited:
Been a bit naughty and had a small portion of homemade chips the last two nights. Def carb cravings lingering after my trip! Must say they were delicious done in the Actifry with coconut oil and some herb/spice seasoning.

Such a Sunday Treat breakfast this morning! The coconutty grain free porridge from Practical Paleo... Made with chocolate almond butter and topped with strawberries. Just, yum. (had with a side of leftover roast chicken as there's barely any protein in this porridge, unlike some of the no-oatmeal recipes that have egg in.

Last week we followed one of the meal plans from Practical Paleo since there are downloadable shopping lists online - we wanted an organised food week since I started my new job on Monday. Have to say we were impressed with the plan and the lists, and the food was all very tasty! So this week we are doing week two. I say we but mr plum has whatever extra bits he likes. I myself sometimes extra veg or a pudding or snack since I'm not trying to lose, just maintaining. PP has to be one of my favourite paleo books, lots of info as well as really yummy recipes - plus you can view nutritional info and downloadable shopping lists on the website.

Managed to obtain some beef soup bones so a roasted bone broth has been going in the slow cooker since yesterday. Looking forward to trying it since up til now I've just made chicken.

Beef bone broth makes the whole house smell of beef fat! Not great but the resulting (defatted) stock is great, which is something!

Back