Prinzessin's Diet Chef Diary

Ok, so I thought I would paste here what I posted on the fitness thread.
I am mixing up my exercise a little and on the advice of someone on the fitness thread I decided to have more rest days ...just trying to figure out which ones at the moment! So, this is what I do each week...
Monday Body Pump & Body Step
Tuesday Personal Training
Wednesday Body Pump & Core Stability

Thursday Body Step & Swimming
Friday Body Pump & Core Stability
Saturday Body Balance Bi-weekly
Sunday Body Pump
As you can see I only have every other Saturday off, not enough..Im going to burn out!
So I have ditched the Body Balance (was bored anyways lol) and also only having the personal training once every 4 weeks to keep me on track.
My average calorie intake per day is anywhere from 750-1200 , some might say it's not enough but I feel great! :D
Weigh in day on Thursday!! Not looking forward to this one, dont know why ..I just dont feel any smaller :( but who knows! :D xxx

thats good stuff, a lot of work, id just monitor how you feel and listen to your body, if you feel good then you probably are, if you start to feel awful its time to bump the calories up, but till that time comes then fine i think.

Did I see you say that you were a PTI at some point Strider??
Hope so...I can bug you for advice now :D
Actually I do have one issue...When I do Body Pump there is a lot of squats , my normal weight on the bar is 8 , I can squat fine with that BUT my neck is so painful, I also find this with the shoulder press track too :(
I know, from a recent MRI that I have wear and tear in the cervical bone in my neck. This wear is advanced for someone of my age (30).
I know I am positioning the bar correctly , I had a PTI and the class instructor check it out.
If I go down in weight then Im not making the most out the squat but anyway, I tried that and the pain was still there :(
I simply cant give up Body Pump...it's the one thing I love the most and get so much out of it.
Do you have an opinion on this? Anything is welcome! :) x

yeah i was a few years back, when you squat are you looking forwards and slightly down?
Where are you resting the bar, it should not be on the neck, it should be on the back of the shoulders.
the correct method for a squat is shown here by the squat master himself mark rippetoe. The first half of the video is what you want the second half shows a variation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWLs1jTOVE

Did I see you say that you were a PTI at some point Strider??
Hope so...I can bug you for advice now :D
Actually I do have one issue...When I do Body Pump there is a lot of squats , my normal weight on the bar is 8 , I can squat fine with that BUT my neck is so painful, I also find this with the shoulder press track too :(
I know, from a recent MRI that I have wear and tear in the cervical bone in my neck. This wear is advanced for someone of my age (30).
I know I am positioning the bar correctly , I had a PTI and the class instructor check it out.
If I go down in weight then Im not making the most out the squat but anyway, I tried that and the pain was still there :(
I simply cant give up Body Pump...it's the one thing I love the most and get so much out of it.
Do you have an opinion on this? Anything is welcome! :) x

Hiya, thanks for the reply Strider :D That video was very helpful!
Yes, I do tend to look straight ahead , although I see some people looking down, which is the right way ? x

Hi there, just looking forwards is fine or forwards and a tad down. did you see anything different in the video compared to how you do them.
Id have thought maybe you have the bar on your neck rather than the back of your shoulders.
Hiya, thanks for the reply Strider :D That video was very helpful!
Yes, I do tend to look straight ahead , although I see some people looking down, which is the right way ? x

Hiya :)
Just got back from body pump at the gym and really made an effort to concentrate on my squats.
I made sure I did not go too deep until I was comfortable with the technique.
I kept my neck long by keeping my head up but pointing my chin down. Seems to have worked :D
I always check the bar is across my shoulders and not on my neck, this is why I was puzzled as to why my neck was hurting.
Anyways, making my neck longer seems to have helped a lot this morning..will see how it goes :D
Thanks again Strider for your advice and that video was fab! x

thats great, hope that makes the difference long term. Often injuries can be avoided if you are shown or see just once how to do things properly. keep up the good work :)

Ok guys and gals...it's weigh in day! :hide:
Well, blow me down I have lost 4lbs! And now have a BMI of 30...something I thought I would never see lol!
Hope you're all getting ok, keep plugging away, something seems to be working! :D x

Ok, It's Tuesday and blimmin' freezing!!
So, the 'diet' , well, it's going ok :) Im still chugging along and enjoying it.
Have converted a couple of people to it who tried the food and loved it.
I have been adding a brown roll with the soup on the days where I do the most exercise, it really makes a difference and gives me a boost for the gym.
On rest days I stick to the packs and this seems to work fine.
This board seems to have gone a little quiet , hope everyone is ok and getting on fine :D xxx

Hi All,

My fourth weigh in this morning and I have lost a stone. Really feeling good now. I am a bit bored of the food now and I don't think I will order anymore, however I am going to do the same sort of thing and have cereal in the morning, homemade soup at lunch and a low fat and cal dinner. I still feel very motivated and I am going to keep going until I have lost another 2 stones to be at my target weight. Hope everyone is doing okay :)x

Hi all :D
Weigh in day is here again and I have lost 3lbs!
Keep going everyone...it really works :) xxx

Blimey - you are doing sooooo well!!! Am thinking maybe this could be an option for me....I need the discipline of having meals ready for me, am totally useless with planning ahead, shopping and cooking!!

Well done :D

Hello there,
Many thanks for the replies :)
I love the fact I can add veg to the packs and feel like Im getting a proper meal! I always cook the packs on the hob and the veg in the pressure cooker or steamer, I think just putting in the microwave is less....satisfying :D
Since changing my meals around....I now have my main meal at lunchtime....I feel soooo much better, less bloated in the morning.
After such a long time I have found something that really works for me. I never realised that healthy eating and exercise would make me lose weight and feel good...duh lol!
I guess I neverBELIEVED it.
I know that I wont be on Diet Chef forever, it is simply helping me make the right choices and teaching me portion control. I will go on from this finally knowing how to eat normally!
Last week I had a couple of little hiccups...I had small fish and chips on the Friday and a lovely tuna salad bagutte with a big coffee on the Saturday.
I still lost weight.
This tells me that all I am doing at the gym has raised my metabolisim and I continue to burn calories even when I am not working out.
Put energy in....get energy out. Simple really!
I really cant say enough how much this 'diet' has changed my life. My whole attitude has been re-worked.
I hate the word diet but I guess it is...a healthy diet lol xxx

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Sorry I havent been around lately. Please see my post on the friends/family board Very difficult time for me right now :(
Anyways back to the diet.
I have had a bad week, only lost 1lb...but it is my TOTM so am not too worried! Good luck to everyone else , have just ordered my next supply , hopefully it will arrive Monday.

Hiya all :)
I have had a really tough thime the last 3 weeks, Not stuck to the diet much but have lost a pound a week so not all bad. As some of you I lost my Dad on the 17th Dec so what with the funeral, visiting family all over the country etc... I just kinda let it go for a while.
I am back on it properly as from today so my next update will be Monday the 12th and hopefully a good weigh in!
Hope the rest of you are getting on with it ok!!
Oh before I forget, I emailed Lizi from Lizis' granola and due to expense she is not producing the lime and ginger flavor anymore :( boo hiss!!!! :(
On the flip side she is producing another, I think it is apple and cinnemon?
Hopefully it will be just as nice!
Ta ta for now ! xxxx

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine last April and it was really hard and still is - I gained lots of weight due to comfort eating.

Shame about the Lime and Ginger granola - I never got to try it and was thinking it would be lovely in this cold weather. Still apple and cinnamon sounds lovely too.

Good luck with the forthcoming week :)

Caroline

Back