Product Review Thread - what do they taste like?

What are your favourite Slim and Save shakes (up to 3)?

• Total voters
Cherry's cheesy pasta review

Received my free sample of cheesy pasta today so thought I'd give it a go and review on here.

Prep - The powder takes an age to mix into the water and I must have spent at least 2 minutes whisking it with a fork before it all mixed in. 6/10

Cooking - Did the initial 90 seconds and the sauce was starting to make a film layer on top like you get with custard when you leave it. Gave it a good stir and put it on for the next 90 seconds. About 20 seconds later I turned round and it had bubbled over the top of the bowl leaving a nice puddle on the microwave plate. Then had to keep opening the door every 10 seconds for the rest of the 90 secs to stop it happening again. Score 3/10

Eating - Well the end product was a load of liquid with a film layer on top (which comes back if you leave it for more than a few seconds) and a load of uncooked pasta. 2/10

I followed the instructions exactly and although the sauce part of it isn't too bad the fact it bubbled over and the pasta hadn't cooked at all left me distinctly unimpressed. It ended up in the bin and I made myself something else. Overall score 4/10. Certainly won't be getting this again.

with the pasta meals its better to put boiling water in and leave it to soak for 10 mins before you nuke it or the pasta can be crunchy still and errr maybe use a bigger bowl lol
Jo x

The sauce was miles from the top of the bowl when I started and I don't have any bugger ones! Just seems to be a problem with the instructions I think as I've never had a problem with any if the other pastas.

I've experienced the same thing today Cherry! Bowl was a large one and the pasta was just all crunchy and attempted to overflow after about a minute and a half!! I think I'll follow the advice of the others and leave it in hot water for 10 minutes before I even attempt to microwave... which sort of defeats the point, but oh well. I'm sure it'd be nice baked over some cauliflower though. :) On it's own it's way too salty...

I always lose my mushroom pasta and lost my cheesy one due to overflowing. I have decided I am just going to do the pastas on the hob from now on! I enjoy their taste a lot, and I really resent losing half of it every time.

Just tried the new cookies and cream. Personally prefer the old one. Although it tastes nice it's too vanilla-y for my liking and would be better if the crunchy bits were actually crunchy instead of going soggy.

Oh god! I am working my way through the sample pack! Im on day two! I only brought the tomato soup to work and its awful! Its horribly sweet urgghhhhh

Got my packs yeay!!!! I'm going to use this thread as a record of what I like

I'm about to try the cookies and cream shake.....oooohhhhh it's nice....made it with 350mls of water...oh that is really nice :)

And now about to try chilli con carne.....smells nice.....it's not bad....tastes ok, nice and spicy, not bad texture...think I'm going to like this diet.

Re: Got my packs yeay!!!! I'm going to use this thread as a record of what I like

Yum. I tried the sample pack last week and the chilli was a fav of the meals ... As well as the cottage pie meal. :)

So much choice on this diet-I'm going to have a bar in a minute with my coffee :)

Re: Got my packs yeay!!!! I'm going to use this thread as a record of what I like

Ah yea theres some great bars. I suprisingly loved the yoghurt museli one best lol

I'm looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow :) Think I'll try a cafe latte :)

Ah the caffe latte shake is yummy warm. It was my first ever SnS product. :)

Ah the caffe latte shake is yummy warm. It was my first ever SnS product. :)

I got hazelnut and cafe latte in my taster box and I hate coffee and nuts! They are relegated to the back of the cupboard :thumbdown:

Aw I hate the hazelnut too. Not a nut fan generally though.

I had caramel in the end which was lush. Now about to try the spag bol. I'm impressed so far.

It was really nice. Spicy. I like spicy. Lol

Back