Programme on Tonight at 9pm On 600 Calorie Diet

weasey

Gold Member
There's a Horizon on tonight (BBC2 I think) which looks at a diet where you eat 'normally, for 5 days a week and do 2 days a week on 600 calories. I have no idea whether it'll be any good or whether it'll say anything about ketosis or whether it'll apply at all to VLCDs but I thought you guys might want to know...

Thanks Weasey, I've sky+ the series, tonight is 3 of 6 so will be interesting to see the rest

I heard the journalist interviewed on Radio 4 yesterday. I think it's probably a really useful tool to help us when stay at goal if we need it. It's also on here in a different format as as Upday down day or Johnson I think, and on the paleo/caveman sites as intermittent fasting.

I'm convinced that much of the modern low fat carby nutritionists plans aren't the best way of eating. There wouldn't be so many fat people if the receieved wisdom worked. I suspect we need good fats and real food in our daily diets to sustain the new way of eating that will support us at goal. Mark's Daily Apple is a good place to start if you are interested.

Here's the link to the programme on iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lxyzc/Horizon_20122013_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

Ali

Last edited:
I thought it was really interesting - especially the potential for long term health benefits like reduced risk of heart attack, stroke and alzheimers.

I thought the programme was fascinating and will probably try this when I've got most of my weight off to try and maintain. My husband was so impressed with the scientific evidence, he's trying it today and he doesn't do diets, so it must have been inspiring!

Back