Progress on LL

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi again, As part of my LL research I am lurking on these boards whilst waiting on GP appointment :). However I am becoming a bit confused by the different routes that can be taken.What happens after abstinence if you still have weight to lose,given the apparent 12 week timescale for VLCD?What is the difference between developers and route to management? Is LLL only for those with much less weight to lose and completely different? Any advice much appreciated (again !) Thanks, Jan x

Last edited:
Hi again, As part of my LL research I am lurking on these baords whilst waiting on GP appointment :). However I am becoming a bit confused by the different routes that can be taken.What happens after abstinence if you still have weight to lose,given the apparent 12 week timescale for VLCD?What is the difference between developers and route to management? Is LLL only for those with much less weight to lose and completely different? Any advice much appreciated (again !) Thanks, Jan x

If you have more to loose then you simply carry on past the 12 weeks, you do so until you are happy then you start RTM (route to management)

Yes LLL is for those with less then 3 stones to loose.

Hi JCJ!

The only difference with regard to the "routes" that you can take on LL is the amount of weight you have to lose.

I'm hoping the information that I give below is accurate, but I'm sure someone will correct me if it's not! ;-)

For example, if you have between 1st and 3st to lose (BMI between 25 and 29), you would be advised to go on LL Lite, which is three foodpacks and one meal from a carefully designed list of foods I think.

If you have over 3st to lose (BMI of 29 or over) you would go on the original LL programme for 14 weeks. I know you mentioned 12 weeks, but this is the recommendation from NICE that after 12 weeks you should be on a LCD for one week when you would increase your calories by having milk (although no one in my group were actually advised to do this be the LLC and I for one chose not to do it, but I only knew about it from here in all honesty!). You can then continue in this vein, having milk every 12 weeks.

LL say you will lose 3 stone in the 14 weeks (Foundation), and if this was all you had to lose you'd go on to RTM for the next 12 weeks, gradually introducing food and reducing packs. I actually lost around 5st in my Foundation, but still have approx 12lb to go, so I continue on in what the call Development - which is essentially the same as Foundation really!

Hope you decide to do LL - it's certainly life changing!

Thank you both.That's a lot clearer! I was getting a bit confused by all the different routes mentioned.
Poppysparkle, I have definately decided to do LL,just waiting on all the necessaries! I am under no illusions that it will be tough,but when I see the difference in your before and afters and others on this site it really spurs me on.You look miles younger and fab btw!I can't wait to be slim again, and see this as my only option as I have about 7 stones to lose.Have lost 2-3 stones with WW before,but always lose heart due to length of time involved :eek:.This time I am determined.

JCJ, I could have written your last post! I also lost on WW and on SW for a brief time, but always put back on again, or got fed up half way through and gave up with the excuse that I knew what to do now and I'd do it myself (obviously never did!!). I also hated going to the classes, they wind me up! There are always one or two people who completely take over those places and love the sound of their own voices!! ;-)

LL is so different and I can definitely say that it will work for you if you let it! I've stuck to this 100% and as from this morning, unofficially, I have only about 7lb left to go to goal and until I can do RTM! I'm so delighted and it's been so quick.

This has changed my lift in so many small ways, that it would take me all day to tell you them all. All I can say is that I'm delighted daily by the changes to my health and my appearance and the things that I can now do!

Good luck with it, and you'll soon be posting your own before and after pics - oh, and get loads of before pics, I don't have many because I hated the camera, but wish I'd taken some more!!

rep rep rep Poppy

I'm so glad it has been such a success for you.
It's because YOU have got your head round LL. A lot of the things you say are exactly how I feel. No-one who hasn't done this will be able to imagine all the positives will they?
You'll be on RTM in no time. I am finding it challenging and fascinating.
It is hard because you have to exercise even more control.
As our LLC says, anyone can lose weight by not eating. IT WILL HAPPEN, the challenge is re-introducing food and keeping the weight off.That's the hard part.
You'll be fine, you've got the right mindset.
xxxx

Aww, thanks SB - that truly means a lot!

I am pretty nervous about RTM, I mean that's when I'll test myself truly, to see if I can still stay in control! I still have those urges to eat the whole supermarket, but will I be able to keep a top hat on those and eat like a slim person???

I'll keep looking to you for inspiration, as you and the other stars on here (won't name them all, they know who they are!) have helped me 100% in this journey so far!

Thank you Poppy

I can't pretend it's trouble free. That horrible little voice keeps saying "what else can I have to eat then?I'm a size 10 so a little....won't hurt."
I have to focus on all the changes and positives and look at the RTM book or come on here sometimes to keep on track.
There is NO WAY I'll be slipping back after all this time, effort, money and positive changes.

Thanks to all you lovely people who have responded to my intermittent enquiries. I do appreciate it.Can anyone advise how I can rep someone,not entirely sure how to do it! I am also dead keen on seeing your photos,but I understand I have to make afew more posts first.

50 posts to see photos - get on one of the 'game' threads to quickly increase your number of posts.

To rep click on the 'scales' icon in the name bar on left of post (under user's name - I know what I mean, I think you need to have received a rep to give them, but no doubt someone will be along shortly to confirm.

Back