Project (Tiger)Lily :) 67 days of SS to go!

She's back and she clearly means business!

Did I miss the title of that book? Sounds good. Personally I'm dipping into several, which include " screw it let's do it "by Richard brandson. And while it has nothing to do with weightloss it is motivational.

Anyway crying toddler in the car makes for brief post!

Keep it up darling!

Morning Lily,

I hope you are not planning on meeting up at the ice rink (DH took DD -- I am supposed to iron in exchange).

'Do, or do not, there is no try' - Yoda.

Loving your diary Lily, will (try :D) to input as much usefulness as I can xxx

Ah, the wisdom of Yoda: second only to the Dalai Lama (and maybe Popeye: "I yam, what I yam.")

scaled.php

don't forget the wisdom of Doris. "que sera, sera."

She's back and she clearly means business!

LOL. :8855: I'm very good at talking the talk, anyway. Walking the walk takes me a bit longer... :)

I posted this on Mel's Gold Diary earlier and to save me writing it all again, I'll copy and paste it here.

===

I've been doing lots of research again lately, from thinking about getting me a life coach (quite seriously thinking about that one) to neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and most recently, Emotional Freedom Techniques (for the uninitiated, that involves tapping acupressure points whilst thinking about problems. Sounds mad, but it's supposed to work).

One of the things that's shouted at me this week is the idea (an NLP idea) that you need to have a goal beyond the goal. That if weight loss is your goal, then you need to think about what your goal is once you've lost weight. Might be to get fit, to take a cruise, to go travelling, to get a new job, etc., etc. But you can't just have the one goal. Because if you don't, if you're losing weight for a wedding, for example, then you'll probably put the weight back on after the wedding because you didn't set yourself a new goal. Seems to make a whole lot of sense.

And I've been rubbish at goal-setting just lately. I've been wandering along on my diet journey with no clear idea of my destination, let alone where I might want to go next. If the NLP stuff is right, I need to be a lot more specific. I need to declare, to the universe (or at least to myself!) that I want to be 12 stones, not just mutter those vague and woolly words, "I want to lose weight." Cos how much weight is enough? If I lose 3 pounds, then I'll have achieved my mission, won't I? But 3 pounds isn't nearly enough.

No, my dream needs more detail, more focus. And I need to be a lot more pro-active about planning the journey.

So what I need to do is actually quite simple. I think you're right that there comes a point where you need to give up on Cambridge, once and for all. I thought I'd reached that point before (last April, to be precise), but I wasn't specific enough about what I'd do instead, LOL. I thought I'd lose some pounds doing Marisa Peer's diet (and I did!), but I forgot to decide how many and over what time frame.

You've helped me reach a decision, hun. I'm giving Cambridge one last whirl - and I'm going to take a leaf out of Spangles' book and set myself a time limit. I'm going to aim to SS or SS+ for the next 12 weeks - but no matter what happens, Sunday 29 April will be the last day that I'll ever be able to do SS again (that's 12 weeks from today). At that point, I'll start working up the steps and will switch to another diet if I feel I want to lose more weight from there onwards.

If I do manage to do SS for 12 weeks, I should lose 3 stones fairly easily. I'm giving myself that option. I'm also giving myself the option of messing about with Cambridge and not losing 3 stones. But the point is, if I do mess about, 12 weeks from now, there'll be no re-run. No more SS-ing.

It's weird, but it's a huge relief to have reached this decision. You know I've mentioned Groundhog Day recently (in terms of the Bill Murray film!) - well, no more.

It's time to move on and stop looking backwards!

inspiration,leave,words,messages,i,shouldnt,forget,life,q8,quotes-02f284a7adcd7b22ab3339a717a0fe46_h.jpg

===

Ha! So now I've gone and done it. :D I've committed, for sure.

Be committed or get committed, that should be my motto!

God Lily, I luvs you! :D I love how you have all this sorted in your head. I love the way you write too.

I know I have come a croppa with slimpods, but i wonder if they would help you, they sound right up your street infact!

I have a couple of Slimpods. :) I bought them the day before the whole 'here's Amanda Ursell's diet plan" thing kicked off, which was pretty unfortunate timing.

I listened to them for a while but then reverted to my Glen Harrold hypnosis downloads - he's got one called 'Get Fit' which I like quite a lot.

Trevor does have a very nice voice though... :)

Last edited:
Nite Lily,

I replied in my diary... but you always have me thinking, too.

Ah the day sp died! lol The recordings are still good, even if the people that run the company aren't! :D

What about "Adore yourself slim" the cd with that book has 5 tracks, but the book has fill in bits, if fill in bits rock your boat! :D

Ah the day sp died! lol The recordings are still good, even if the people that run the company aren't! :D

What about "Adore yourself slim" the cd with that book has 5 tracks, but the book has fill in bits, if fill in bits rock your boat! :D

Thanks Divs - I'll have to look into that... :)

Well lily.

Life coaching is a great experience as it helps you get perspective on all the things you need to. I used to run a holistic health centre for my folks and we have two NLP coaches come in. NLP is great for unlocking blockages in your unconscious mind, whereas EFT ( I have been going - then never got there for months now) is all about the energetic damage that negative self belief of reactions to life events have on us. In the Dona Eden energy medicine book, you will find meridian tapping and boy does it work, but like everything else it needs to be a step change, it needs to be consistent.

I would focus on one thing at a time. You are so right about goal planing. It's the locus of control, an internal locus of control has a better chance of long term success (a dire need to lose weight because you are at risk of a heart attack for example) than an external one (I'm getting married, I want to lode weight for my holiday) extrernal locus are always negotitlable, always temporary, Always subject to change. When you make a decision that comes from inside, that's the focus.

Morning Lily,

I hope you had no difficulty negotiating the snowy roads around here. How was your weekend?

tumblr_lfhftx11RN1qdno1vo1_400.jpg

To replace last week's post it!

It's on its way from Amazon... :D

Well lily.

Life coaching is a great experience as it helps you get perspective on all the things you need to. I used to run a holistic health centre for my folks and we have two NLP coaches come in. NLP is great for unlocking blockages in your unconscious mind, whereas EFT ( I have been going - then never got there for months now) is all about the energetic damage that negative self belief of reactions to life events have on us. In the Dona Eden energy medicine book, you will find meridian tapping and boy does it work, but like everything else it needs to be a step change, it needs to be consistent.

I would focus on one thing at a time. You are so right about goal planing. It's the locus of control, an internal locus of control has a better chance of long term success (a dire need to lose weight because you are at risk of a heart attack for example) than an external one (I'm getting married, I want to lode weight for my holiday) extrernal locus are always negotitlable, always temporary, Always subject to change. When you make a decision that comes from inside, that's the focus.

Thanks, Nat. Yes - I'd kind of reached the same conclusion about one thing at a time. I'm leaning towards life coaching as a kick off. I've spied someone I fancy getting in touch with - now I've just got to pluck up the courage to do it!

Morning Lily,

I hope you had no difficulty negotiating the snowy roads around here. How was your weekend?

tumblr_lfhftx11RN1qdno1vo1_400.jpg

To replace last week's post it!

Aw, thanks Mel. Yes, the roads were fairly clear by this morning (courtesy of all the lorries on the A605) so it wasn't too bad a drive.

And my weekend - hmm, one of those where I got some thinking done, rather than anything practical, LOL. Still, I guess that's not a bad outcome.

And it's going well. I have a Day 1 headache, of course - but hey, it's the last Day 1 headache I'm ever going to have! How cool is that? :D

Only 83 days left to go... :8855:

Hi Lily,

CFF just brought me an article from The Stars and Stripes about the book Wheat Belly and its author. Here is a link to this information

Do You Have a Wheat Belly? Interview with Dr. Davis!

I avoid wheat for myself -- and limit it whole gains for my children, but I guess that may not be enough.

Just shared it on my facebook, really interesting article. Def going to limit how much wheat my children are eating from now on.

Hi Lily,

CFF just brought me an article from The Stars and Stripes about the book Wheat Belly and its author. Here is a link to this information

Do You Have a Wheat Belly? Interview with Dr. Davis!

I avoid wheat for myself -- and limit it whole gains for my children, but I guess that may not be enough.

That's really interesting, thanks Mel. I've forwarded it to OH as a "must read" - I'm forever suggesting that it might be an idea to cut out bread and pasta. You can't tell nurses anything though... :D ;)

Urgh. Feel rubbish today. Just want to stop the world and get off!

Sorry to read this... but it is a Wednesday and a freakin' cold one at that. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

good-night-82.gif

Last edited:
Evening all :D

Very very relieved it's Friday. :cool: It's been a really rough week - feels like I've had no time at all to gather my thoughts.

But hey, no time to think also means no time to eat - and I'm darned proud to report that I'm down 6 pounds since Monday. : The whole "I'm doing this for 12 weeks and that's it forever!" thing seems to be working well. I'm managing to duck out of having working lunches with other colleagues (did that twice this week!). The only thing that could've been better is my water intake but with all the travelling around I've been doing this week that's been tricky. I've drunk enough in terms of fluid but not enough of it's been water. I'll see if I can do better over the weekend.

Now, am I brave enough to go and join the gym tomorrow?

Back