Project (Tiger)Lily :) 67 days of SS to go!

would it be wise to gym a gym if your ssing Lily? x

I know. I'm not planning on going hell for leather though, just a little bit of walking/jogging on the treadmill and some swimming here and there. With the best will in the world, I haven't got time to go more than a couple of times a week anyway. Not at the moment, anyway.

Though I'm trying to figure out whether I should try to deal with one thing at a time. I want to sign up with a life coach - so it might be best to save my gym money for now and give that a good go first.

I want to get my head, my career - hell, my life - in a better place this year. Fed up with being dragged along by events and not feeling in control!

cheerleaders_stunting.gif

Go Lily --

Doing your programme. Shanny, I went to the gym when I SS's with LL (and I stuck to the plan perfectly for 14 weeks). I never had any problems.

It might make her feel hungry, but I did not.

Cross-posted --

I think the life coach is a good idea, and you can always do some home fitness.

cheerleaders_stunting.gif

Go Lily --

Doing your programme. Shanny, I went to the gym when I SS's with LL (and I stuck to the plan perfectly for 14 weeks). I never had any problems.

It might make her feel hungry, but I did not.
oh ok :) go for it then Lily swimming would be fab x

Cross-posted --

I think the life coach is a good idea, and you can always do some home fitness.

Yes. :) Although I probably won't... Too easy to talk yourself out of it, isn't it? The gym thing appeals because we signed OH up the other week and it's something we could do together - as a couple, LOL.

But in reality, the life coaching thing is probably more important. I'm in a bad place at the moment, head-wise - feeling horribly out of my depth and disorganised. I've been to so many meetings in so many places over the last few weeks that I've completely lost the plot, LOL. My boss was asking me today about what I got up to in Shipley yesterday - and I could barely remember. Not good! Mind you, that could probably be sleep deprivation. Not sleeping too well again at the moment - too much buzzing around my head, I guess.

Just want to feel like I'm doing a good job and that I'm on top of things. At the moment, it feels like everything's on top of me instead...

Sorry to read this about being under so much work pressure. Are you due any time off? Maybe you could take a little holiday from work (even if you did not go anywhere).

Sorry to read this about being under so much work pressure. Are you due any time off? Maybe you could take a little holiday from work (even if you did not go anywhere).

I am due some time off. But no one does my job if I'm not there, so my workload would just pile up in my absence. I need to get on top of at least some of it and then you bet, I'll book some time off!

It is like that for my DH. He FINALLY saw a doctor on Monday, he has been ill for weeks. And was given a prescription and told to go home and stay in bed for two days. He was called within an hour and working in his office from home for hours. Then, on Weds. when he went back to work -- he worked late because he had a moutain to sort. *sigh*

But, try hard to get some balance. I think a life coach is just what you need.

Thanks Mel :hug99:

Still haven't done anything about the Life Coach - still plucking up the courage to fill in the email form or pick up the phone! The trouble is, if I make that first step, I'll need to follow through, won't I? Make those changes to my life that I keep saying I need to make. I'm all talk, me. :rolleyes: And a scaredy-cat. :hide:

But it could be the best thing I ever do...

Thanks Mel :hug99:

Still haven't done anything about the Life Coach - still plucking up the courage to fill in the email form or pick up the phone! The trouble is, if I make that first step, I'll need to follow through, won't I? Make those changes to my life that I keep saying I need to make. I'm all talk, me. :rolleyes: And a scaredy-cat. :hide:

But it could be the best thing I ever do...

It is like me starting the piano lessons: I'd said all of my life that I wanted to learn how to play, but when the opportunity presented itself... I had to face the fact that this could be a let down.

I am finding it harder than I thought I would, and have learned that it is not going to be easy, but I have also learned that these facts are no reason to quit.

CALL/EMAIL/DO THE FORM -- your VLCD days are ticking away and you are going to want (need) some tools to keep it off this time.

I am working honing mine. I am determined to get it off, into those goal jeans and then keep it off. No MORE YoYoMEL or YoYoLIL!

It is like me starting the piano lessons: I'd said all of my life that I wanted to learn how to play, but when the opportunity presented itself... I had to face the fact that this could be a let down.

I am finding it harder than I thought I would, and have learned that it is not going to be easy, but I have also learned that these facts are no reason to quit.

CALL/EMAIL/DO THE FORM -- your VLCD days are ticking away and you are going to want (need) some tools to keep it off this time.

I am working honing mine. I am determined to get it off, into those goal jeans and then keep it off. No MORE YoYoMEL or YoYoLIL!

I did it. :hide: :eek: I filled in the email form and sent it. :eek:

Just goes to show how much I need some help that I was scared to do it, I guess. But I can't go on as I am.

So... I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens next!

Hi Lily,

I am proud of you. I am sure it wasn't easy. I hope you get a call soon and make that appointment.

I wish you a
123938.gif

See...baby steps right there.

Now in solidarity I'm going to call the EFT clinic!

LOL. Nat - did I read you've done EFT before? I did give it a try the other day but I don't think I could've been doing it right... :eek: It all seems a bit... odd.

My chosen life coach emailed me back and we're having our first chat (a sort of pre-chat) on Wednesday evening. Quite excited really, in a terrified 'what have I done?' way...

Lily - I have had my initial consultation before christmas and I never went back - not because It was rubbish, because I am a procrastinator...you know that ;)

Well, I'll be having my first chat with my maybe life coach tomorrow evening. Think I'm feeling quite excited about it now. I know it's going to be hard work and make me really reassess my life - but I think that's all part of what I'm trying to do here: losing weight, getting some degree of control over my working life, my career, my work/life balance. I might be aiming too high but I'm kind of optimistic that it'll set me up for the maintaining part of my dieting journey too.

I'll keep you all posted, of course.

Saw my CDC tonight who was suitably pleased by my 7lb loss. I've known her for such a long time now it's more like catching up with a mate, LOL - 2 minutes diet talk and 58 minutes of gossip. :D

Happy to say that I've only got to endure 2 trips to the Big Smoke this week (one was today and the other's tomorrow) so that gives me a chance to recharge my batteries at least.

Feeling pretty positive tonight - long may it last. :)

hy - the big smoke luvs ya right back...;)

hy - the big smoke luvs ya right back...;)

LOL. :D Actually, the Big Smoke's not so bad - it's all the train journeys that do me in!

My apologies to the Big Smoke and all its inhabitants. :flowers:

Well there Tiger,

Is that progress or what?

I, personally am loving this new found determination. I know exactly how you feel, work just encroaches on your life - and it's not just a question of "if you let it" work these days is so precarious, that you can't really say no, for fear that if you dont do the powers that be will find someone who will.

A couple of years ago now, after I returned from Mat leave, I applied for a secondment to set up a women's bail support service.... BAD idea. Firstly I got stiffed on the salary because the funding was insecure, so what started as a really great financial carrot, turned out to be a damp squid, then as I developed it... the job just grew and grew - one moment I would be in worle, the next in newcastle - or worse out in the far reaches of the east of england.

I couldnt do overnight stays as I was still breastfeeding so I was either training it or driving - I also had London meetings twice a week and believe it or not, they were actually my favourite because they were the easiest to get to!

I think in that kind of scenario, everything else suffers. I was working myself into a nervous breakdown, my home life was suffering, I felt like I couldnt meet the excessive demands placed on me by the director and the MoJ (which were always conflicting!) in the end, I had to make a conscious decision. It wasn't about my capability (though it did actually give me a massve crisis of confidence) it was that the job, just was not do-able. Not within the confines of a 37.5 hour week and with family commitments. So, I jibbed it. Losing the money was dissapointing, but when I worked it out, with the extra hours that I put in (that I never got back because it was impossible to take any kind of time back - I couldnt even book leave) I actually was earning less than I am now.

What I am saying is seeing a life coach and doing a life appriasal may be just the ticket. Have you ever seen something called the outcome star? We use it with clients, but I used it before for myself! (yes, sad I know) it's really good for finding the areas which are a priority in your life and goal planning around them.

What do you do by the way? I am a nosey bugger.

Back