Propoints - What are you eating for tea?

What sort of bacon is it honey? Am having bacon withdrawl but thought it would be really high in pps. :)

Sorry didn't reply earlier cleaning the house..

Its the Tesco unsmoked bacon rasher, the reduced fat ones that are 1.5p for two so rounding it up for 2pp. There those ones that aren't full size (if that makes sense)..

Do you mean medallions of bacon?

Tonight we're having Macaroni Cheese with Leeks from the new ProPoints cookbook. It's freezing cold outside already, so it leapt out at me when I was flicking through the book. Hope it's yummy and filling. I definitely need comfort food tonight.

It says bacon on the packet but they do look like medallions if that helps..

vegetable chilli using carrots,courgettes,caulliflower, passata,garlic & chilli powder. Yummy, an zero points!!!

Cajun chicken breast, 4 pro points.

that sounds lovely - will be making that x

I'm not doing Propoints however my tea was half a pizza express cheese n tom 8propoints ;) and 100g (when frozen) WW chips, 3pp :)

btw the pizza express on offer in tesco atm half price 1.99, and for the whole thing only 16pp :D

I'm not doing Propoints however my tea was half a pizza express cheese n tom 8propoints ;) and 100g (when frozen) WW chips, 3pp :)

btw the pizza express on offer in tesco atm half price 1.99, and for the whole thing only 16pp :D

Yeah it was very tasty had one each (my hubby and I) on Saturday, was great. (and thats coming from someone whose not a huge fan of pizzas)

Last night I had-
Chicken 4pp for 165g
brown pasta 7pp for 70g
cheese 2pp for 20g
pasta sauce with veg and some oil 2pp
(I don't point the herbs and spices hardly use enough for that)

Was very tasty

im having quorn 'kfc'
2 quorn fillets -2
1 nimble bread -1
seasoning -0 (i dont bother to count it!)
ketchup/curry sauce -1
250g potato as chips -5
mustard/stock cube -0
colslaw veggies -0
mayo -1
yogurt -0 (from 2pp pot that will have the rest of later)
beans -4

Total: 14pp
Which will use 2 of my weekly ones, already used 25ish

Last edited:
2 low fat sausages - 5pp
2 small scoops of mash - 4
lots of zero veg
onion gravy - 2
and it was gert lush!!!!

Mmmm - that sounds absolutely lovely, I kind of avoid mash whilst following WW as I never know how to point it :/

well I looked at the tracker and it said 180g was 4pp, I used 2 x 250g potatoes and I know I had less than half of what was there so whilst I wasnt being exact I know I didnt have a lot - and I had some points left over today - so I had a teeny bit of wiggle room. But I know what you mean, I would rather go with a jacket pot as I can weight that bad boy happily safe in the knowledge I know the exact weight! But it was definitely a sausage and mash day for me!

well I looked at the tracker and it said 180g was 4pp, I used 2 x 250g potatoes and I know I had less than half of what was there so whilst I wasnt being exact I know I didnt have a lot - and I had some points left over today - so I had a teeny bit of wiggle room. But I know what you mean, I would rather go with a jacket pot as I can weight that bad boy happily safe in the knowledge I know the exact weight! But it was definitely a sausage and mash day for me!

Oh ok fair enough :)

I fancy sausage and mash aswell. Toad in the hole ! YUM!!!

I'll suppress my sausage and mash envy in the knowledge that I had an awesome dinner as well - skinless boneless chicken thighs done with lots of veg and canned tomatoes in the crockpot, served with 1 c. cooked cornmeal. I'm not doing PP, but it came to 7.5 Points on Momentum. Soooo good!

BTW, mashed cauli is fantastic, if you want to save Points. The cauliflower taste mellows out considerably if you add a clove of garlic to the cooking water.

Ooh mashed cauliflower? That's a good tip!
It's so refreshing to read so many lovely tea ideas when we are on a "diet".

That Sounds really gorgeous - can we get the recipe please ?

Thanks

T

Sure you can - it was delicious! I love risotto!! You really dont need to put chicken in it, u can have it with bacon or pancetta or no meat at all its sooo good...

Creamy Vegetable Risotto 11pp

Ingredients

90g Arborio Rice
1 chicken stock cube
50g Low fat soft cheese
Garlic
Chilli Powder
& All the 0pp veg you want! (I'd normally put in Mushrooms, Spring Onions and spinach)

Directions

Make approx 3/4 pint of stock from stock cube and set aside.
Use large frying pan put heat up to med/high setting and spray a few low fat cooking spray
Put the vegetables into the frying pan and fry for a few minutes then add the rice, continuously moving.
Add crushed garlic
Once vegetables are soft add some stock (about half a ladel) and cook on medium heat until there is no stock left in frying pan. Keep adding stock to the pan a ladel at a time until there is none left.
Check the rice to make sure its cooked if not add a little water and keep doing so until it is cooked.
If rice is sticking together add water to loosen up.
Add low fat soft cheese and stir into the risotto.
Sprinkle a bit of chilli powder
Season to taste (i usually dont add salt or pepper as its tastful enough!)

Hey presto! Done!

If you add chicken then cook this seperately in another frying pan and add at the end (otherwise it will overcook) if using pancetta or bacon add at the beginning with all the vegetables. If you use peas these should be added at the end also otherwise it will be mush lol Remember to point chicken or bacon or peas or anything else you add that isn't 0pp veg!

Wish i'd taken a picture of it to show u all!!

Back