Propoints - What are you eating for tea?

How many pp's in a mushroom chow neon?

Mmmmmm that roast sounds lovely, unfortunately im not having one of those this week.

I really really want to use my weely allowance and have a chinese or something from there, maybe Singapore rice noodles for 14pp but I am SO scared of having it, I know my weekly allowance is there to be used but I cant get my head around it lol! Im such a tart

Ha i love that you are such a tart!! :p x

I hade homemade chilli and rice with torilla chips and 0% greek yoghurt instead of sour cream.

lean beef mince, onions, garlic, kidney beans, red peppers, passata, red wine, cumin, cayenne pepper, coriander.

Scrummy!!! xx

That sounds so nice likklebex... haven't had a good chilli in ages! How many pps was it?

That sounds so nice likklebex... haven't had a good chilli in ages! How many pps was it?

About 11 pp without the tortilla chips - but you can have as many or as little of those as you want. We use extra lean mince, 200g and that goes between my and my OH and our little boy. About half a big can of kidney beans and 4pp worth of rice. the rest of it is free (oh i add a point for the greek yog but its actually a point per pot or something!) So a very reasonably pointed meal! x

Nom nom! Might have to make that for tea tomorrow now!

Nom nom! Might have to make that for tea tomorrow now!

It's really lovely!! (I dont actually make it - my OH does) He browns the mince and onions and then adds a good glug of red wine and reduces it all down - which gets rid of the alcohol and therefore i dont count it, but leaves the delicious flavour - adds peppers and kidney beans, passata and as much or as little of the spices as you can handle. Reduce it all down and serve with your rice. Add a good blob of greek yog and tuck in!! (tortillas just make it that more special!!) x

Well tonight for the first time in ages im having cauliflower cheese with tesco chipolatas :D Have avoided cheese since starting weightwatchers because it was such a large proportion of my daily points before but tonight i can have some cheese and not go completely off track so decided i wanted cauliflower cheese :D

just had a salmon fillet with steamed vegetables and a ww double chocolate brownie dessert :). Friday is my fish day :)

I made a quorn based italian layer bake which is my own invention, sort of the mutant lovechild of a lasagne and a moussaka. Diced onions, peppers and courgettes dry-sauteed with quorn mince then garlic, tin of toms, jar of passata, splash of worcestershire sauce and italian seasoning, simmered till thick. Then use 500g of activia natural pouring yoghurt mised with 2 eggs and most of 100g grated Super Light cheese. 3 aubergines, sliced and grilled. layer in a dish, aubergine then quorn then yoghurt sludge. Repeat. Sprinkle with rest of grated cheese. Bake for 15-20 mins till golden. Made with 400g quorn mince this makes a massive dish full, and 1/4 of it is just 7 points. Serve it up with a salad and it's so filling and yummy!

I had Cheesy macaroni with broccoli it was delicious! I had a WHOLE broccoli to myself in it! lol

Well tonight im having home made burger and roast Gnocchi. Mum showed me how to do the roast gnocchi and is fantastic and a nice alternative to chips. 11 points in total for the burger and Gnocchi :D

Tonight I am having a tesco value gammon round (only 3pp), mash, broccolli and cabbage with lots of black pepper. I enjoyed it that much last week, I am having it again!!

I have just had half of a morrisons fish pie (the one in the baking tin) with sprouts carrots and cauliflower. I would definately reccomend it, it was gorgeous and very filling. Forgot to say its only 11pp for half of the fish pie.

I made a quorn based italian layer bake which is my own invention, sort of the mutant lovechild of a lasagne and a moussaka. Diced onions, peppers and courgettes dry-sauteed with quorn mince then garlic, tin of toms, jar of passata, splash of worcestershire sauce and italian seasoning, simmered till thick. Then use 500g of activia natural pouring yoghurt mised with 2 eggs and most of 100g grated Super Light cheese. 3 aubergines, sliced and grilled. layer in a dish, aubergine then quorn then yoghurt sludge. Repeat. Sprinkle with rest of grated cheese. Bake for 15-20 mins till golden. Made with 400g quorn mince this makes a massive dish full, and 1/4 of it is just 7 points. Serve it up with a salad and it's so filling and yummy!

That sounds so yum! i love the seriously low cheese (i buy the 100g pack - chop it into four and thats 3pp each little block :) means i can have cheese and not feel so guilty). Definately going to give this recipe a try next week.

I had ww shepards pie (8) and tons of veg (peas 1pp, cabbage and cauliflower).
xx

You should all try the Sizzling Mexican Bowls thing from the Your Week mag from a few weeks ago! It's DELICIOUS!! We have i once a fortnight now. Someone remind me and i will get the pp for it. It's definitely not that hight. :)

Hazykay said:
Tonight I am having a tesco value gammon round (only 3pp), mash, broccolli and cabbage with lots of black pepper. I enjoyed it that much last week, I am having it again!!

That sounds gorgeous!

On my shopping list for next week I think!

I'm on point free soup tonight as not very well and fancy something warming and easy (I made a big batch yesterday so it's already in fridge!)

Back