P's Perseverance!

ahh glad you enjoyed the show P.

The love is being shown for buses, bricks and maps! Mine is Betty Boop!!

C mine is Betty too :) Can't be doing with bues though unless they are sightseeing ones

Hurray for Gruffalo and hurray for mad obsessions!

im just sick on buses and bricks are bricks .............. but love ribbons & twine, beads and buttons (obsession) a bit like a magpie really!!! Oh and anything floral :D Eh lass, wouldn't do for us all to be the same (as my lovely Mum used to say)

ellie1969 said:
fab weight loss P :D i tried to break m wine record at the olympics :rolleyes: lets just say steak salad n baby potatoes are not nice second time round

Hehehe will we ever learn. ?????

ive an obsession with anything sparkly.... i spend hours looking in expensive jewlers windows going OOOOO AAAAAA look how sparkly is is lol

thing is im so not a blingy person... doesnt stop me ooing and ahhing though lol

Yo ho shipmates!

Funny old weekend but very good in lots of ways.

Kev took himself off to the Olympics on Saturday morning and had a very lovely time watching the weightlifting, then he stayed "dahn Sarf" with some of our friends, to save driving back that night. So, W and I were HOME ALONE!! We had a cracking Saturday - shopping, visiting friends, decorating (eek - with a two year old in tow, what was I thinking?! :eek:), roast chicken dinner and a snuggle in front of the telly. Then it all went slightly awry.

I think I've alluded before that Kev's sister is a bit (understated) mad (understated) and somehow, from 20 miles away I managed to "upset her". At the same time, her brother (not Kev, the other one) also managed to "upset her" and so did her nephew that she hasn't spoken to in over 10 years. Now, I might have many talents :D but I'm not sure how I would have achieved this!! Anyway, the long and the short of it is mad SIL managed to put a dampener on my very lovely Saturday and ever increasing rift in the family. Grr, hate it when I allow others to dictate how I feel :mad:

Still felt a little sad on Sunday, but shrugged it off as best as I could. Decided not to mention anything to Kev (why spoil two weekends?) so instead, mad SIL phones her mum and "upsets mum" who then phones Kev just to complete the circle. Are you keeping up with this nonsense and no, we're not in the playground. Kev, being fabulous, told his mum not to get involved and that SIL is mad, sad and needs to get a life (we all know this anyway). :eek: Families, 'eh? Who'd have 'em?! ;)

Once Kev got home, we headed into Brum for the brilliant "Jamaica in the Square" festival, celebrating 50 years of Jamaican independence. Atmosphere was amazing and, for all you Olympic fans, the big screen was still on and Murray was winning his gold. Met up with some friends, soaked up the Caribbean atmosphere, watched some brilliant dancing and enjoyed Jerk Chicken. Yummy :D

Countdown begins now to the Pirate Party to end all Pirate Parties! William's birthday on Friday and party takes place Saturday afternoon. It's a bit of a shame that his birthday falls within the school summer holiday season as a number of his friends are away on their jollies, so won't be at the party. I guess this is going to be the precedent for the years to come ..... perhaps he should be like the Queen and have two birthdays a year! :D

The pirate decorations and goody bags are in hand, need to plan the menu and party activities. Really hope the sun shines as that will make things MUCH easier. Weather forecast is storms but, seriously, what do they know ....? ;)

Then on Sunday (how's this for bad planning!) we've got friends coming over for Sunday lunch. Seriously, we have no social functions for weeks at a time and then they come along like buses .... ;)

Oh, I suppose I should mention the diet. Well, being really, really, really good (except for wine!) and had a STS this week. Happy with that as I did have a serious CARBFEST day last Tuesday and also it's TOTM. Intend to hang in as best I can at the weekend but I will call Sunday lunch a gala meal and enjoy it :D

Have a fabulous day, you Dukan Darlings :D

P xxx

familes... cant pick them sadly

I think I've alluded before that Kev's sister is a bit (understated) mad (understated) and somehow, from 20 miles away I managed to "upset her". At the same time, her brother (not Kev, the other one) also managed to "upset her" and so did her nephew that she hasn't spoken to in over 10 years. Now, I might have many talents :D but I'm not sure how I would have achieved this!! Anyway, the long and the short of it is mad SIL managed to put a dampener on my very lovely Saturday and ever increasing rift in the family. Grr, hate it when I allow others to dictate how I feel :mad:

Still felt a little sad on Sunday, but shrugged it off as best as I could. Decided not to mention anything to Kev (why spoil two weekends?) so instead, mad SIL phones her mum and "upsets mum" who then phones Kev just to complete the circle. Are you keeping up with this nonsense and no, we're not in the playground. Kev, being fabulous, told his mum not to get involved and that SIL is mad, sad and needs to get a life (we all know this anyway). :eek: Families, 'eh? Who'd have 'em?! ;)

P xxx

Your in laws sounds a bit like mine! And Kev sounds more like my Cornilius, fabulous and not letting anyone getting into our relationship including his mother! Dont let anyone put you down, get in there first! :D No, not really, ignotherapy (as my cousin puts it) usually work. Ignore them and get involved when you have to, sounds like there is no winning SIL over! :D

ignotherapy..... love it ;) i must remember to use that

It's funny how we all have that one family member that are a bit 'iffy' lol!

More like the whole clan here!! :)

Lol!

I personally have two who will never hear the words aunty or uncle come out of my mouth :rolleyes:

most of my relatives on one side of the family are all nuts.... and its not the irish side of the family.... doesnt bode well for me ;)

I think all families have an uncle and auntie knob head, I know I have two and im the same I don't get involved I'm a happy soul I'm not interested in gossip, or confrontations. I wish I was ship shape, sprice the main brace (is that what they say?) And had an invite to that party haha me jim lad, hope William has a super day xxx

Back